Jan's verdict

Legod Second Coming

Its not an honest assessment FFS!

If it was, he would be saying, "I haven't got a clue how to adapt an outdated Dutch footballing system to the modern CCC game, using a bunch of youngsters that are not ready for the rigours of such a tournement. The lads heads are starting to drop because its clearly not working for them. And I do not know what to say from the byeline because I don't have a plan B."

If it was, he would be saying, "I haven't got a clue how to adapt an outdated Dutch footballing system to the modern CCC game, using a bunch of youngsters that are not ready for the rigours of such a tournement. The lads heads are starting to drop because its clearly not working for them. And I do not know what to say from the byeline because I don't have a plan B."

err, trouble sleeping?

An outdated 'dutch system' called: passing and moving??

and yet, works so well for Arsenal, Chelsea, Barca, Reading, QPR, Sunderland...

Oh well, bring back Terry Hurlock and let's kick our way to a point against Ipswich...

For me, this guy calls every game spot on.

A really honest assessment on the OS.

What a breath of fresh air to have a bloke in charge who watches the same games!

Absolutely. I have nothing but respect for the guy - a totally honest & straight-talking fella.

From a personal point of view - I hope he stays around for years & brings us a good deal of success. He's the first manager in years that doesn't mumble, mutter & spew out the usual 'club' spiel (post match) and always tells it how it was. Long may he continue. A breath of fresh air indeed.

calling a game spot on does not make you any good..

alpine can be spot on at times..would you want him in charge

No, but if you can see and understand what is wrong, you can put it right!!

Unlike Burley, Jan made good calls last night - Gillet for Morgan was a change that gave better stability to the midfield. John had to come off for Peckhart who scored!

Good management starts when you leave your bullsh!t at the door and talk direct, concisely and informatively to your team and fans.

The guy should be getting MORE credit on here not less.

Spot on!

err, trouble sleeping?

An outdated 'dutch system' called: passing and moving??

and yet, works so well for Arsenal, Chelsea, Barca, Reading, QPR, Sunderland...

Oh well, bring back Terry Hurlock and let's kick our way to a point against Ipswich...

LOL at the comparison. You seem to be overlooking a few things such as the quality/age/experience of the players AND of the Manager (oops, we don't have one)

No, but if you can see and understand what is wrong, you can put it right!!

Unlike Burley, Jan made good calls last night - Gillet for Morgan was a change that gave better stability to the midfield. John had to come off for Peckhart who scored!

Good management starts when you leave your bullsh!t at the door and talk direct, concisely and informatively to your team and fans.

The guy should be getting MORE credit on here not less.

That's very true and although I have had several concerns regarding some aspects of his management he has brougt these points up and looked to address things. Against Blackpool I felt we had a bench that would give little option in changing things round but that was not in evidence last night. Without doubt the CCC is a learning experience for Jan but he looks a quick learner and I have been overall supportive of his analysis.

Burley had a very poor second season with us in this respect but I felt he was far better last season. When I saw the line up for Stoke at the beginning of the season I felt here we go again, but he had everything spot on there.

great post the dutch joker hasnt even got a plan A , WE ARE IN DEEP **** AND LOSING THOUSANDS OF FANS BY THE WEEK , LOWE AND THE DUTCH JOKER OUT

.......unfortunately I have to agree with Saint Fan CaM. I watched the edit of JP's post match interview on Meridian earlier this evening and the poor bloke looked completely shot. I did state that when he was appointed this would turn into a complete disaster but on a personal level I have warmed to him despite my forebodings. But in that film clip the body language was not encouraging and I genuinely felt sorry for him as the enormity of the task is slowly beginning to dawn. I know John Gorman got slated on this site but on leaving the club I believe he did warn that the kids simply were not ready yet. Looks like he may have been right.

.......unfortunately I have to agree with Saint Fan CaM. I watched the edit of JP's post match interview on Meridian earlier this evening and the poor bloke looked completely shot. I did state that when he was appointed this would turn into a complete disaster but on a personal level I have warmed to him despite my forebodings. But in that film clip the body language was not encouraging and I genuinely felt sorry for him as the enormity of the task is slowly beginning to dawn. I know John Gorman got slated on this site but on leaving the club I believe he did warn that the kids simply were not ready yet. Looks like he may have been right.

They've all been saying that to Lowe for years but he doesn't believe it.

Gillet thought after first couple of games was going to be good but think last two games not looked so good.

DMG/Dyer/BWP are not too young

I was responding more to the phrase, "ready for the first team" rather than "old enough"

Personally I think BWP will be in his late 30s and still not be ready for the first team.

I really hope we give Jan Poortvliet the time he needs to mould his team. Anybody can see the quality of the play when Saints are on the ball, so to speak. They need to learn how to play properly when they don't have the ball, and that is a much harder thing to be good at, taking experience and concentration. It's a sad observation but, we could do with a player or two of Michael Svensson's capability all the time.

I really hope we give Jan Poortvliet the time he needs to mould his team. Anybody can see the quality of the play when Saints are on the ball, so to speak. They need to learn how to play properly when they don't have the ball, and that is a much harder thing to be good at, taking experience and concentration. It's a sad observation but, we could do with a player or two of Michael Svensson's capability all the time.

If you are prepared to see Saints playing in the Conference in a few years, then he can have all the time in the world

What a breath of fresh air to have a bloke in charge who watches the same games!

Are you totally sure, because I personally didn't agree with this part of his summing up:

"I have to give a big compliment to the back four after this game because they kept us in the race."

I thought our defence (and in particular the full backs) did not have a very good game at all.

Having listened to him on many occasions, I have really warmed to him, but I don't think he's above the norm of rolling out platitudes and soundbites that are then beefed up on the OS.

Agreed.

As I said before, its a crying shame he doesnt have the tools and resources to do the job that the drunken wastrel twaat had...

Assuming your description of our former manager is accurate, at least when he wakes up the next day he is sober, unlike some posters who are still the same abusive negative doom-mongers they were the night before.

Are you totally sure, because I personally didn't agree with this part of his summing up:

"I have to give a big compliment to the back four after this game because they kept us in the race."

I thought our defence (and in particular the full backs) did not have a very good game at all.

Having listened to him on many occasions, I have really warmed to him, but I don't think he's above the norm of rolling out platitudes and soundbites that are then beefed up on the OS.

Personally Um, I thought that the back four were badly let down by the holding midfielder who gave the ball away for the 2nd goal and the winger who gave the ball away for the first!!

A lot of people keep giving our defence hammer when on occasions they have defended poorly but the WHOLE team has not been defending from the front and leaving the full-backs painfully exposed!

For my money, James did not have a great game but Surman was OK. Thought Cork played really well and Perry his usual reliable self.

Its wonderfull to hear his views considering we rarely win a game. The experiment of total football with inexperienced youngsters is not working ..it will take us DOWN to the next level

He obviously means Sunderland from the season before who were practically bottom!!

Nope, not Sunderland, they had 10 points after 9 games.

Being honest, I reckon he has no idea and was fed that line by someone at the Club and then just repeated it.

A bit worrying really!!!!!!!!!!