iphone disconnects if I'm put on hold

Spudders

Just got myself an iphone recently, but have an issue with it. This has happened a few times now - when I'm on the phone to companies and they put me on hold, after about 10 seconds the phone disconnects!

Has anyone else found this happens? Is there anything I can do to change it as it's a bit annoying!

Never heard of that! I suppose you could try a soft reset of the phone by holding the on/off switch on top of the unit and the home key at the same time until the phone powers off.... leave for 10 seconds or so and hold the on/off key down until the unit powers up again..........

If you're then still having issues I would suggest speaking to the shop or network and getting it replaced as it could be a faulty unit.

Just got myself an iphone recently, but have an issue with it. This has happened a few times now - when I'm on the phone to companies and they put me on hold, after about 10 seconds the phone disconnects!

Has anyone else found this happens? Is there anything I can do to change it as it's a bit annoying!

are you on orange, 02 or tescos

Cheers Mewsta, I will try the old 'switch off & back on again' procedure.

I'm on Vodafone Jonny, only had it a week.

Love the phone, but a bit annoying having to phone back companies and explain I was already talking to someone but got cut of, then having to go through all the stuff again.

:(

(also battery life is rubbish, but I knew that was the case before I bought it!)

Cheers Mewsta, I will try the old 'switch off & back on again' procedure.

I'm on Vodafone Jonny, only had it a week.

Love the phone, but a bit annoying having to phone back companies and explain I was already talking to someone but got cut of, then having to go through all the stuff again.

:(

(also battery life is rubbish, but I knew that was the case before I bought it!)

I have it on 02 never had any issues. however I have a work Phone (Nokia) on Voadafone and do have issues with this. I have to say it does sound like a network issue however is it everytime your put on hold (even the same company) or just most of the time.

Can you try the same call using your sim card in a different phone this will then prove if it is your phone or the network.

With regards to battery life heres my tale.

when I first got it I had Push Notifications and 3G on. Battery just lasted a day.

I went on holiday and turned everything apart from 2g off. Watched a 2 hour movie their and back. And had the phone on 24/7 and made a good few calls as well. I only charged it when I got home. (5 days later).

So if you want your battery to last turn off at the very least the push notifications as this really eats it. Since the last upgrade I have noticed 3g does not drain it as much.

So far it's been every time, with the same and with different companies.

It first happened when I was on the phone to car insurance company, they put me on hold and after about 15 secs the line went dead. I thought nothing of it, so just called back and when I got through I explained I was just talking to someone about my policy (gave their name) & the woman said no worries I'll put you back through to them. She then put me on hold and after about 15 secs the same thing happened. Even at that point I just thought it was them being divs!

It was only a day or so later when I called the saints ticket office and had the same thing happen again (twice) that I realised it must be at my end. Third time I called, I just asked not to be put on hold :)

It's the same sim card I had before, I've just changed handset, so I think it's a problem with the handset. I will keep an eye (ear!) on the problem, I've not tried calling anyone since as I've been off work ill so haven't been bothered, however tomorrow I can try calling myself at work and putting myself on hold to see what happens.

Thanks for the battery advice as well, that's useful to know :)

So far it's been every time, with the same and with different companies.

It first happened when I was on the phone to car insurance company, they put me on hold and after about 15 secs the line went dead. I thought nothing of it, so just called back and when I got through I explained I was just talking to someone about my policy (gave their name) & the woman said no worries I'll put you back through to them. She then put me on hold and after about 15 secs the same thing happened. Even at that point I just thought it was them being divs!

It was only a day or so later when I called the saints ticket office and had the same thing happen again (twice) that I realised it must be at my end. Third time I called, I just asked not to be put on hold :)

It's the same sim card I had before, I've just changed handset, so I think it's a problem with the handset. I will keep an eye (ear!) on the problem, I've not tried calling anyone since as I've been off work ill so haven't been bothered, however tomorrow I can try calling myself at work and putting myself on hold to see what happens.

Thanks for the battery advice as well, that's useful to know :)

final thing to check. Try a call with 3g turned on. Then try a call with 3g turned off. I used to have issues with the 3g cells wth vodafone. This way we can find out if it is 100% the hand set or an issue with the signalling from a cell tower. (can you tell I work in telecoms :) )