Google Nexus

saint_stevo

if it has good battery life then they could be onto a winner

I don't think it will have anything that blows existing htc smartphones or the iphone out of the water since it's largely based on existing HTC technology but with a faster processor and bigger screen. These things eat more power if anything so I'd be gobsmacked if it were to offer battery life that was radically improved upon the current crop of smartphones.

no multitouch on it but it does have voice control - should be available on Vodafone in the next 2 or 3 weeks. The snapdragon processor should make for a quick phone though.

Not completely true. The early US phones which were used for 'hands on' features on the internet didn't have the feature enabled, despite the hardware being capable of it.

There are now videos of the phone circulating the internet which show multi-touch being used whilst browsing the internet on this phone. People have specualted that these may be EU versions, with one particular video saying that it has been made in Germany.

In the past, US versions of handsets (e.g. the Motorola Droid) have had multi-touch switched off, wherease the UK handset has then had the feature enabled. The rumuour is that there's some issue with US patents.

UK customers who have just received their phones after ordering direct from Google have reported that there's no multi-touch by default, but I think some are saying you can use a different browser to enable it (seems a little odd to me).

Expectations are that the 'official' UK version, due to appear in the Spring and available with a Vodafone service plan, should have multi-touch enabled, although there is no confirmation as yet.