Contract Phones!

SOTONS EAST SIDE

Is it me or are the deals the mobile companies giving, getting more c-rap, for 18 month deals.

It seems they want to tie you up with the best deals on 24 months only!

Phones can get a little tired after a year or so. So not being able to change for a least 18mnths is c-rap! :(

Problem for phone companies is that, say 10 years ago you got a free phone on a 12 month contract with the phone being worth about £100 or os, and they took the cost of that for you. Then phones got cameras and were costing O2, Vodafone etc more to buy, so they put on 18 month contracts so they could recover the costs betters. Now a mobile phone is everything from a web browser to a movie player and costing a lot more, they need 24 month contracts.

Simple answer is get the most simple phone you need.

Problem for phone companies is that, say 10 years ago you got a free phone on a 12 month contract with the phone being worth about £100 or os, and they took the cost of that for you. Then phones got cameras and were costing O2, Vodafone etc more to buy, so they put on 18 month contracts so they could recover the costs betters. Now a mobile phone is everything from a web browser to a movie player and costing a lot more, they need 24 month contracts.

Simple answer is get the most simple phone you need.

Indeed. The simplicity contracts offered by O2 are so darn cheap now that I've given up getting a phone on a contract. I just buy the phone seperately! Costs a fortune but its worth it rather than being tied to £40 a month going out for something you might loose in a week. My boss lost his iphone (32gb 3gs) and is on a 24 month contract! Bet that's setting him back a lot!

Just got a decent deal from Orange that suits my low usage:

£20pm for 200mins and unlimited texts for 18 months

Free Samsung Tocco Ultra worth £170 which I'm going to sell on eBay as I'm happy with my current Nokia.

Plus £150 cashback via TopCashBack.

So £320 (minimum) in my pocket ... minus £360 contract over 18 months = a £2.22pm contract! :-D

Indeed. The simplicity contracts offered by O2 are so darn cheap now that I've given up getting a phone on a contract. I just buy the phone seperately! Costs a fortune but its worth it rather than being tied to £40 a month going out for something you might loose in a week. My boss lost his iphone (32gb 3gs) and is on a 24 month contract! Bet that's setting him back a lot!

Just got myself the £20 simplicity Sim today, bargain.