Premiership vs Fizzy pop

Huffton

Does anyone else feel like me and actually prefer being in the fizzy pop league than the premiership?

Don't get me wrong, the day we went down was the worst I can remember, and I was in a state of shock for about a month (or was it the beer?:rolleyes:). But with the way the prem is going, I'm quite glad to be out of it.

There are only 4 teams capable of winning anything, and with this bloke taking over man city unless you have a billionaire sugar daddy come in the summer you get promoted the league is heading to be a closed shop.

In the CCC any of the teams are capable of going up, and they are all just as capable of getting relegated. I enjoy going to games with a bit of (misplaced) optimism that we are going to get a result, rather than thinking a draw at home would be a good result. I enjoy watching teams play with a bit of effort, and players who look like they want to be there, rather than just earning another 30k. Granted things aren't looking too good at Saints at the moment but once the defence gets shored up a bit we will win more than we lose. But get promoted? No thanks.

Next season I will be clamouring for the heady heights of the CCC, but this topic keeps on rearing its ugly head and I always say Premiership.

Money is better, coverage is better and I never used to mind the relegation dogfights. Last season's in the CCC scared the shyte out of me. (Thanks Leicester.)

in what way..

this league is full of haves and have nots..

the CCC is such a poor standard it is untrue

success in the PL is without any execption (other than Chelsea coming second over first last year) directly related to expenditure, its practically science! the extra income generated from the CL offers financial protection to the top four teams, however the oil money for man city may shake that up, probably enough to force arsenal to sell to russian money at least.

the CCC is the real deal, lots of different teams on varying financial playing fields, diversity of players young and old and committed supporters who are not concerned with grand slam sundays and the carlos tevez affair!

i enjoy watching a bit of PL on sky, and i do find it entertaining, as i did on saturday in the pub with a friend (man u) who has never been to manchester/salford and a liverpool fan who i wouldnt be surprised if he hasnt been north of luton. they sat there drinking thier pints moaning about underperforming mega stars, thier heros who they have absolute minimal connection to. my man u friend asks me how hard it would be to get hold of tickets, as at the age of 24, the lifelong supporter has finally decided to start thinking about the possibility of one day actually seeing his beloved team play.

I then explained that man u has over 300 million fans worldwide, representing about 5% of our glodal population, and that is the reason a lot of thier fans leave games early, regardless of whether they won 2,3,4 or 5 nill against fulham, as they have planes to catch!

through this rant i have treid to identify some of the reasons i no longer care for the PL, although some may stem from the hurt and bitterness of our own demise.

most of these feelings stem through a strong distaste for the environmental changes of our coutries top tier has taken over the last few years, and have absolutely no desire to be involved in the money laundering, cheap celebrity, outsourced employment, unstable, volatile, obsessive media circus that has become our PL.

This was sent to me by a Preston fan just after we lost in the play-offs :

The Premiership is like a dream holiday, great place to visit for the experience but not somewhere to stay if you havn't got the cash to enjoy it.

Great division the Premiership, quarter of teams which have a chance of winning anything and you might beat once in a lifetime, next quarter battling out for a place in some mickey mouse european competition and half whose only aspiration is to stay as part of this select club.

Whereas the championship is 3/4 full of big clubs (and no I don’t count us in that category) all of which teams like us can, and in our case, normally do beat at home each week. My way of looking at it is would I rather watch us win 3 games a season or lose 3 games a season……..

P.s. If you finish out of the top 3 you don’t really deserve to go up, but at least the playoffs are better than the Champions League - I wonder if MU would have won a single trophy if they had to do it without losing like Liverpool and Forest in the 70's…..

is it not a day out in the prem..?

We get 4 more home and 4 more away games in the CCC and I stopped going to places like Chelsea when they started charging idiotic prices for the tickets, so all-in-all we get more days out. What I meant was that even though we are crap, we can always admire the opposition and learn from them. ;)

Yeah it's been a right bundle of laughs getting thrashed against teams like QPR, Preston, Sheffield Wednesday, Crystal Palace, Hull etc over the last few years.

The cheaper the tickets the better it is. If we went up, tickets would be back up to £38 and I wouldn't go. Therefore, fizzy is best.

Would you prefer us to be in the Conference then? Because I'm sure our tickets would be even cheaper then. Tickets might be cheaper in the Championship, but it's not exactly free is it? £30 for QPR, £25 for Derby, £25 for Palace etc.

Guest Hacienda
Yeah it's been a right bundle of laughs getting thrashed against teams like QPR, Preston, Sheffield Wednesday, Crystal Palace, Hull etc over the last few years.

Would you prefer us to be in the Conference then? Because I'm sure our tickets would be even cheaper then. Tickets might be cheaper in the Championship, but it's not exactly free is it? £30 for QPR, £25 for Derby, £25 for Palace etc.

Donny away £20

Chelsea away £48

Only a mug would pay £48 for a league game.

My missus thinks I'm a mug to go to Donny. :(

This question comes up about once a month and it will always be the same answer for me - Premier League every time. When we got relegated everyone thought it would be OK to be in this league for a bit to at least see the team win more often than not. Well, that has not been the case really apart from one half decent season. Going from Premier League also-rans to CCC also-rans is not exactly something to be proud of or aspire to. PL is certainly over-hyped, but is the only place to be.

is it not a day out in the prem..?

If we ever get back to the Prem I am sure I would 'enjoy' it whilst it lasted. But let's not kid ourselves, the PL is now so far removed from what it was even 3 years ago, it's not true. Money talks at every level, competition is minimal, enjoyment is for the top 3 and those who manage to survive. It is, however, just another example of capitalism gone mad and just like the South Sea Bubble, it will eventually pop. If one is so shallow that the superficial glamour, hype and plain b******t that surrounds the PL floats one's boat, then fine - enjoy. But to pretend it is anything other than a money launderer's whorehouse is blinkered beyond belief.

The CCC may not be numero uno in the quality stakes, but its honesty and the affinity its clubs have with their supporters is refreshing in such money-oriented, superficial times for football.