Photoshop

St Will

I have photoshop elements 8....I want to be able to import a photo, draw around the outline of the object in the photo, and then be left with the outline in black and the rest just a white background.

Anyone any good with stuff like that? I just got photoshop delivered today and I haven't got a clue what I'm doing!

I'm not sure how to get a solid black outline around the photo, but I can suggest how to get the object in the photo onto a white background. Use the magnetic lasso tool which looks like this below:

MagneticLasso.jpg

Use that to go around the outline of the object (it may take a few tries) and once you have gone all around the outline it will lock and the line will look like it is moving. Open up a new page (might want to do this before) the same size then you can simply drag the lassoed object over to the new, white background page.

Dunno if that is what you are looking for, and sorry if the instructions are poor, it's been 2 years since I last done photoshop stuff in college. Let me know if you need any more info on it.

I'm not sure how to get a solid black outline around the photo, but I can suggest how to get the object in the photo onto a white background. Use the magnetic lasso tool which looks like this below:

MagneticLasso.jpg

Use that to go around the outline of the object (it may take a few tries) and once you have gone all around the outline it will lock and the line will look like it is moving. Open up a new page (might want to do this before) the same size then you can simply drag the lassoed object over to the new, white background page.

Dunno if that is what you are looking for, and sorry if the instructions are poor, it's been 2 years since I last done photoshop stuff in college. Let me know if you need any more info on it.

Thanks, I can't find that icon though...I'm wandering if that was a more advanced version of photoshop?

Thanks, I can't find that icon though...I'm wandering if that was a more advanced version of photoshop?

Nah I got photoshop 7 and it's on there. Although I've just remembered there are different types of lasso, so you may have to click the standard one and then find magnetic lasso from the drop down menu. Something like this?

ar119859408716116.jpg

Yeah I'm not sure how to do that, like I said in my original post. You can get it on a white background from there, but not sure about the black outline. Unless you do it manually using the paint brush, but not sure how that would come out.

Ok thanks anyway!