Yahoo mail

Barfy

Hi,

I got an email from yahoo last night telling me that my account password had been changed. When I managed to reset it today and log back in, all of my emails had gone (about 12 years worth!!!!).

I've obviously contacted Yahoo, but I've no idea how long it'll take to reply. Does anyone know if Yahoo accounts can/have been hacked?

Hi,

I got an email from yahoo last night telling me that my account password had been changed. When I managed to reset it today and log back in, all of my emails had gone (about 12 years worth!!!!).

I've obviously contacted Yahoo, but I've no idea how long it'll take to reply. Does anyone know if Yahoo accounts can/have been hacked?

Did you click on a link to the website from the email they sent you? I hope you didn't....

Did you click on a link to the website from the email they sent you? I hope you didn't....

No, I only access the site through my bookmarks as I would with any site that needs a password. The password was changed while I was playing on the PS3 last night, and I only managed to get back in at lunch today :(

a few people i know had e-mail\facebook accounts hacked yesterday, and similar things done......strange

Yahoo SHOULD have a backup though......?

Yahoo can restore emails up to the point that everything went pear shaped, but I'm just worried that if it was hacked, almost every online purchase and website registration I've ever made has been using my Yahoo account :(

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Yahoo can restore emails up to the point that everything went pear shaped, but I'm just worried that if it was hacked, almost every online purchase and website registration I've ever made has been using my Yahoo account :(

You WHAT?

Shakes head in utter, utter disbelief.:confused:

You WHAT?

Shakes head in utter, utter disbelief.:confused:

Only for receipts and things we're not supposed to use our work accounts for things like that, what should I have used? or what should I use in future :confused: