SOS Glenn Hoddle.

Dalek2003

Didn't want here in 2004 and don't want him here now. Not just because he's a complete an utter c*nt, but also because he's not very good. He'll never come in the state we're in now anyway.

if he is/was not very good. then why was there SO MUCH fuss when he left, surely we should have been relieved..

He had a good year for us, and that was a long long time ago now. He's been a total disaster since.

a total disaster?

he has not has he....ok, he never got wolves up, look at all the other managers who fail to do that with that club and other clubs..

spurs, well, he was never bottom of the league after spending tens of millions...

he was not brilliant when he left us but he was not a disaster...that is simply letting heart rule your head there...

lol

Why not bring back Pearson, WGS, Luggy, LM

My brother inlaw is a huge Wolves fan he knows more about Glen Hoddle working in the championship then any of us.

It was a disaster end of.

Some of you posting now was all for our dutch friends and our pretty football, lets give them alittle longer at least

Guest Hacienda
Do we send out an SOS now or do we wait until League 1 is a certainty.

IMO the time is right, let us send out our SOS. Please Glenn come and save SFC now !!!!!

Freak.

a total disaster?

he has not has he....ok, he never got wolves up, look at all the other managers who fail to do that with that club and other clubs..

spurs, well, he was never bottom of the league after spending tens of millions...

he was not brilliant when he left us but he was not a disaster...that is simply letting heart rule your head there...

Just because he's not as bad as some other managers, doesn't make him good. He managed to fall out with everyone at Spurs and had people like Tim Sherwood coming out publicly saying he should be sacked. They were heading for a relegation scrap before he left. He had a decent Championship squad at Wolves and spent a fair bit of money (On people like Frankowski who scored a grand total of 0 goals) Many Wolves fans complained that it was the most boring team in years. The season after they got rid of him they got into the play offs, even after losing a lot of their better players and having little money to replace them.

Did well at Swindon, but that was partly because he was playing as well. Average at Chelsea, average at England, good with us, rubbish at Spurs and Wolves.

Hasn't done well since 2000/2001. Why don't we get that Ipswich manager, he did really well that season as well. Oh....

Edited by Papa Shango

Just because he's not as bad as some other managers, doesn't make him good. He managed to fall out with everyone at Spurs and had people like Tim Sherwood coming out publicly saying he should be sacked. They were heading for a relegation scrap before he left. He had a decent Championship squad at Wolves and spent a fair bit of money (On people like Frankowski who scored a grand total of 0 goals) Many Wolves fans complained that it was the most boring team in years. The season after they got rid of him they got into the play offs, even after losing a lot of their better players and having little money to replace them.

Did well at Swindon, but that was partly because he was playing as well. Average at Chelsea, average at England, good with us, rubbish at Spurs and Wolves.

Tim Sherwood ? He fell out with more people than Humpty Dumpty !

lol

Why not bring back Pearson, WGS, Luggy, LM

My brother inlaw is a huge Wolves fan he knows more about Glen Hoddle working in the championship then any of us.

It was a disaster end of.

Some of you posting now was all for our dutch friends and our pretty football, lets give them alittle longer at least

my mate was a coventry fans and nearly threw up with laughter when we appointed strachan...oh..

Typical panic reaction by OP. Stick with the current system until the new year at least, probably longer.

Watching Dexter Blackstock playing so well reminded me of the need for patience. Maybe DM will play like Dexter if given time and not constantly threatened with the bench as he learns his trade.

We are where we are. I for one believe that we will pick up enough points to avoid the drop this year and maybe with the kids blooded we can push on next year. Any more turmoil now will simply delay the complete overhaul that this clud has needed for some time.

Glenn Hoddle will return to SFC. Glenn Hoddle will resurrect this club.

Would that be before or after Alan Shearer has 'had his go' here..!!!

What a total bag of ******** thread - get a life and support the current manager and playing staff....

a total disaster?

dave jones did though,bring him back:rolleyes:

jeez, its a almost a whole new squad, playing good football, and they're kids ffs.

6/7 games and people expect them to be world beaters already, wept.

I agree Hoddle right now is the answer, BRILLIANT idea

The Glenn Hoddle Academy (GHA) is an independent football school in Spain of all places for young players discarded by professional clubs. Hoddle, who won 53 caps for England believes that clubs make decisions on players far too early and that many potentially good players are slipping through the net. Something I tend to agree with. Therefore, Hoddle is offering a second chance to around 40 players a season to prove themselves capable of earning pro deals

I wonder how many gems he has down there waiting for a loan deal to get experience

Only see two problems

1 It's only been open since 1st Aug

2 He has people who have invested large sums of money in the venture and would most likely not expect Glenn to leave his lifelong dream

Otherwise sound concept

Oh except the last chancers won't have any CCC experience, but otherwise

Two thoughts on this.

1 - Since leaving us Hoddle really has acheived very little and would do no better than any other manager out there IMO.

2- I think our problem is the squad of players more than the manager. Our squad is just woefully should of both quality and depth and we are only shooting ourselves in the foot refusing to play Skacel. No manager would excel with this lot.

Brilliant, current manager has won 3 out of 7 competative games (better ration than Pearson?) and people want him out?

Could hoddle to a better job with the current squad?

Give him till Xmas at least *rolls eyes*

This post sums up what is wrong with modern football.

you seem to forget that was are in the relegation zone and dont get any points for early league cup rounds (or any league cup wins for that matter)

Do we send out an SOS now or do we wait until League 1 is a certainty.

IMO the time is right, let us send out our SOS. Please Glenn come and save SFC now !!!!!

you really need to look further than hoddle imo

he would need money to spend (something that we dont really have),without money he would do just the same job as JP is doing.

hoddle is not the answer,money is the answer and as long as people refuse to attend home games it is something we will be without for a long time.

i know the only way to attract fans back is to play and win with style but this obviously isnt going to happen much this season so people need to bite their lip and come and support a team that will struggle,its not nice but they are your team and they need our vocal support as well as our financial support.

please dont give me some old sh1t about not coming because of lowe as it doesnt wash with me,they are your team they need you ,so get your arses along and support them.all of the stay aways never stayed away when we were in the prem and the 2003 cup run,lowe was in charge then as well by the way.

he would need money to spend (something that we dont really have),without money he would do just the same job as JP is doing.

hoddle is not the answer,money is the answer and as long as people refuse to attend home games it is something we will be without for a long time.

i know the only way to attract fans back is to play and win with style but this obviously isnt going to happen much this season so people need to bite their lip and come and support a team that will struggle,its not nice but they are your team and they need our vocal support as well as our financial support.

please dont give me some old sh1t about not coming because of lowe as it doesnt wash with me,they are your team they need you ,so get your arses along and support them.all of the stay aways never stayed away when we were in the prem and the 2003 cup run,lowe was in charge then as well by the way.

good post ,i liked hoddle but he is not coming back ,i am happy with jp and think the team will come good and next season ,if we have not sold our youngsters ,we will be ready to challenge the top teams in this division.

SFC, like any business, supplies a product to draw income. And, like any business, if you seriously degrade the quality of the product, you will lose customers. This is made worse by the fact that the price hasn't been lowered in accordance with the drop in quality.

Lets take it in some other context. Say a cinema was in financial difficulty and to save money they sell their projectors and sound system and replace them with a black and white projector with subtitles. Them to save money they only show old movies from the '80s.

Would you pay the same price as before to go and watch a movie there? Would you then tell the people who didn't to show more loyalty to the cinema?

If you lived in say Bournemouth, London, Oxford or even further away, would you travel to Southampton and back every weekend to watch Saints play? I am willing to bet the answer for a fair few people is no at the moment.

We need a manager who can bring in some old loan players. Bring in a Shearer - who wants to manage and get rid of this crap FAILING Lowe as DoF and JP as the doomed sidekick who has to play youngsters as Lowe wont let him play men.

Lowe Out.

Wilde Out.

WE NEED TO SELL THIS CLUB.

It's time to make life very uncomfortable this week at SMS for the Board and shareholders. We need a takeover FAST and someone like Shearer in.

... no Hoddle please... but right now I'd prefer anyone as long as we go back to playing men and have a real manager NOT a coach poodle to Lowe's bidding.

And as for Wilde - Mike I know you're reading this - lots of respect for you in many ways for what you tried to do, but time to sell up and get out before the fans turn on you my friend. I think enough is enough now.

We are likely to lose the remaining 2 games this week. Fan patience is thinning if the talk in the terraces at Loftus Road is anything to go by.

SELL THE CLUB - lets get a team together - MLT, Lawrie Mac, respected shareholders (not Lowe) and decent articulate fans who can sell this Club as well as some reps from Southampton City Council and MPs who can sell the opportunities investing and buying this club can give them in Southampton - there are many people out there who want to buy football clubs - lets go get 'em!