Those at the game............thoughts?

exit2

Lots of people on here said QPR were the best away fans last year.

They were, but to say we were silent apart from two times is ridiculous.

Where were you sat? The people immediately to our right could obviously hear us, as at one point there were about 8 chants going back and forth - brilliant banter.

just back from game,mind you nearly didnt see it as some w****r of a steward wanted to throw me out after 15 minutes for not sitting down,i won the battle.thought we were undone by some poor refing,ollie deserved a yellow but the red was a bit harsh.from then on it was going to be a stuggle,but i thought we held our own until their offside goal.some great football,but we need to shoot more,and dmc i would have changed for stern.surman is wasted as lb and the sooner this i put right the better.there are tough times ahead but we have to keep the faith and support the lads.they are young and need us.coyr

If you were the idiot sat in front of me with your other half then you thoroughly deserved to be thrown out. If not then...sorry.

Oh and if it were not for Kelvin, we would have lost 8-1.

If you were the idiot sat in front of me with your other half then you thoroughly deserved to be thrown out. If not then...sorry.

Oh and if it were not for Kelvin, we would have lost 8-1.

Was this in section Z5 around row K?

Worst performance of the season for me.

Get the kids out and bring in John, Skacel, Perry and anyone else over the age of 22 please. We have 2 kids who can play - Lallana and Scheinderlin (who JP keep stupidly replacing on 70 mins!)

Please get some men in this team. Or we will not just be going down - but going down with the lowest point score in CCC history IMHO.

Lowe Out, Wilde Out and JP Out. Experiment has failed as predicted. No sell this fekking club Wilde.

It was Cooks goal scored at the Loft end that was onside but disallowed.

It was flagged offside at the time and you can't say the lino was definitely wrong - unlike their second goal. Even with freeze-frame the best you could describe it is 'marginal'. In any case, the whistle went so Kelvin made no attempt to stop it.

Perry should have played. With Svensson and Thomas ruled out by injury (we never seem to have only one CB out at the same time!), we needed to have experience in the centre of defence. Without it we were cruelly exposed; nobody organised the defence in the first minute and it didn't get much better as the match progressed. KD was our man of the match and we nevertheless let in 4 goals; that statistic tells a story. A couple of older and wiser heads yesterday (and hopefully in future) and we would have been a good side.

Lots of people on here said QPR were the best away fans last year.

So how come your fans were so poor at home?

Flyer, I was more surprised with your comment about lack of ability in our team. Saints played "with uninhibited freedom and great rotation", not my words but those of your own Manager Ian Dowie. The QPR lad on the left (Lee Cooke? apologies if I've got that wrong) played well and of course Dexter (another product of our Academy), had a good game but I must say with all QPR's wealth I'd be very disappointed with what you have and with what you produced yesterday against a team with 9 players of 22yrs and under.

a). Wasn't a Red Card

b). One Goal Was offside

2 Very poor decisions cost us the chance of getting a point at least ALTHOUGH ...

We look desperately short at the back, it's just an opinion but I don't think Cork is the player some people are convinced he is.

It is too much to ask Adam Lallana to be our soul creative option, he is still learining the game and needs to be helped. Gillett and Schneiderlin to me, don't look to create enough and after a good start Gillett specifically worried me today, although Morgan wasn't blameless.

Most poingnantly though, we don't seem to go anywhere in the final third and this means we are never going to be a threat, Mc Goldrick was anonymous and although Dyer was a good positive outlet when did he ever create a final ball of any distinction? We need Drew playing in Midfield instead of Gillett and McGoldrick either needs to be replaced or more fairly supported. Pekhart looked promising but in a way a young 16 year old youth team player would, not someone who has been top scorer in Tottenhams reserves.

The experiment with youth has been admirable and in places great to see, but players such as Perry, John and Skacel could really add something and they have not been the prime culprits of ineptitude in the past.

I have to say I though our support was poor and disapointing, can anyone tell me how full the upper tier was? I was in the lower and only a small handful seemed intent on stirring any atmosphere (except for maybe 20 mins of 2nd half). I think this is mainly due to the two tier problem though and not all support being together.

Jan has done a lot of good since he's been here but he got it massively wrong yesterday, even with Lancashire's sending off. Ollie will be a good player, but although I think he was unfortunate, every professional footballer knows the risk if you dive in 2 footed, its a part of the modern game.

I wondered around Shepherd's bush for about 45 minutes on my own before going home after this game, wondering how things might be different, but all we can hope is things get put right and we get at least a point in the week.

COYR

QPR fan here.

Have to say it was a bizarre game....but for your outstanding keeper we could have scored 3 or 4 more. We didn't play particularly well for long periods, you were very good for long periods, and yet we win 4-1. Sending off was definitely harsh ('travesty' would be too strong) and our offside goal and disallowed one kind of cancelled each other out.

Truly not meaning to sound patronising but your younger players suggest a very rosy future for the Saints if you can hold onto them. As for this season, well you need some level-headed leadership and experience in defence or the total football approach won't get you the points you need/wish for, very pleasing on the eye though it is. Wish you well.

QPR fan here.

Have to say it was a bizarre game....but for your outstanding keeper we could have scored 3 or 4 more. We didn't play particularly well for long periods, you were very good for long periods, and yet we win 4-1. Sending off was definitely harsh ('travesty' would be too strong) and our offside goal and disallowed one kind of cancelled each other out.

Truly not meaning to sound patronising but your younger players suggest a very rosy future for the Saints if you can hold onto them. As for this season, well you need some level-headed leadership and experience in defence or the total football approach won't get you the points you need/wish for, very pleasing on the eye though it is. Wish you well.

Thank you for your kind thoughts. Your analysis reflects what many on this forum have been saying. Are you sure that you are supporting the right team?