Outlook/Web/iPod POP3 question

Pancake

So Ive got my Yahoo webmail account with POP3 settings.

On my PC Ive got Outlook running with the Yahoo account set up as POP3, download automatically, delete mails on server only when they are removed from the "Deleted Items" folder.

On the iPod, Ive got the Yahoo account set up as POP3 as well.

Here is the problem. If I send a test email from my work email to ym Yahoo account, it appears on the web version, in Outlook and on the iPod all fine and dandy. Now, if I then delete it in Outlook, it is also deleted from the webmail version too, no worries.... but it is still there on the iPod. Even when you "check for me mails", it doesnt properly resync and leaves the (now deleted) item on he iPod.

I also get the same if I delete the item form the iPod first. It gets deleted form the webmail version but the already downloaded version in Outlook isnt removed.

So 2 questions:

1. Apple gurus, how can I sync the Mail app with webmail so changes made on either end are synced?

2. MS gurus, how can I sync Outlook so that messages deleted fromthe webmail version but already downloaded to Outlook are auto-deleted from Outlook?

Right. Got the iPod working on IMAP as per Baj's suggestion and that much muh better.

Now, Yahoo dont seem to have IMAP settings for Outlook clients anymore (the iPod one is offered through an Apple/Yahoo linked IMAP service). This is annoying as Ive just done some checks with Thurnderbird and it seems to operate in a IMAP-esque kind of way....