Some early team news . . .

Bailey

Maybe Lancashire in as QPR are a tall side and Perry & Cork although not small JP thinks we may struggle. Other games coming up and the Perry Cork mix may be better suited against Ipswich. Interesting to see if he has Sj up front or DMG

Tough game for a debut if true, but he has experience next to him and behind him

Maybe Lancashire in as QPR are a tall side and Perry & Cork although not small JP thinks we may struggle. Other games coming up and the Perry Cork mix may be better suited against Ipswich. Interesting to see if he has Sj up front or DMG

Tough game for a debut if true, but he has experience next to him and behind him

Yes I agree but if Lancashire plays Ok he should be left in the team.

Why should Cork start in front of Lancashire?

Cork is only a Loanee

Becauase he has more experience? Because he's actually pretty damn good? Because we want to win today? Theres 3 to be going on with. I have to say Cork was the nuts against Brum and also deserves his chance. Just because he's a loanee doesnt mean we shouldn't play him else what would be the point paying his wages?

Based on the fact he has a far more proven track record in this league and has looked excellent so far...

Yes but he is a Chelsea player I think we should be giving our players all the exposure we can and use Cork when and if our players are found to be out of their depth injured or tired.

Yes but he is a Chelsea player I think we should be giving our players all the exposure we can and use Cork when and if our players are found to be out of their depth injured or tired.

Well I think we should stick with who plays best, and against Birmingham in the cup, he was superb, miles better than Killer has been this season if Im honest.

Would be ludicrous not to pick him IMO. Im sure Jan will have him in the side somewhere.

Thats just playing them for exposure sake, it makes no sense not to pick your strongest 11, especially when were are in the bottom 3.

Does it matter who we pick? we all know what the result will be anyway ;) lol

Welcome to Saints play on sky ;-) I'd quite like to see the team as ...

Davis

James Perry Cork Surman

Wotton Schnierdlin

Dyer Holmes

Lallana

John

Possibly Mcgoldrick in for Dyer. I also wouldn't mind seeing Skacel on the bench, I don't know what others think but I think Holmes seems to get found out 2nd half of games when the other team realise he's not bad and mebbe gets marked out of the game abit. Would be nice to give them a different problem with Skacel who despite many posters views providd a shed load of assists in the play off season. Aternatively at least try swapping Holmes and the right winger over a bit more to try and keep him in the game. Feel free to shoot me down :-D

Well I think we should stick with who plays best, and against Birmingham in the cup, he was superb, miles better than Killer has been this season if Im honest.

Would be ludicrous not to pick him IMO. Im sure Jan will have him in the side somewhere.

Obviously you have a strong point but Cork does not look a commanding centre half to me.

No it does not that is short termism we need to build for the future.

I would agree with you if our team was littered with loanees but its not, andthe best way for our kids to develop is to come in to a balance successful team so that means playing the strongest 11, weve brought these loanees not as back stops but as a full memebrs of the squad and the competition is good for all. Lancashire will get his chance, its all very ernest only wanting to select only our own players but it might not win us games and it might not be the best way to develop them.

Yes I agree but if Lancashire plays Ok he should be left in the team.

Yep, but read JP's interview, kids are used to playing 20/30 gamnes and he thinks Blackpool was partky down to burn out. With 7 games in 21 days expect to see quite a bit of rotation.

Oh and Killer will be back Wednesday ( :-) )