Why do we always make such a poor start to the season?

Mr X

Just wondering what you feel are the main reasons why we never ever start a season well?, despite all the claims from managers and players that they know how important is is to get off to a good start...... we never do :confused:

Just wondering what you feel are the main reasons why we never ever start a season well?, despite all the claims from managers and players that they know how important is is to get off to a good start...... we never do :confused:

Most years I would say it is down to piiss-poor pre-season preparation and transfer activity, of which last Summer 2007 has to rate as the worst in a millennia.

However, this year it is because we are basically shiit and are going down.

the last time we had a really good start to a season that I can remember was in 73-74. We got relegated under Lawrie at the end of that season

As opposed to starting and finishing badly the season we went down from the prem

I am certain the cause of your annoyance was the final comment about this season, but do you really disagree with the rest of my post ?

Yes, last season I agree 110% - or not - it seems there is a debate about whether it is feasible to have more than 100% of anything...

Which is probably why we have a country hurtling headlong into recession run by mindless cretins who are more concerned about re-election than sorting out the crap that has been caused by virtue of house-prices being worth 400% of what they were a decade ago...

But then I'm just getting older and desparing of the feral society we have created...

A lot of which will be improved if we stuff QPR tomorrow by the luckiest of flukey 1-0 wins... ;)

Last year it was because GB was criminally negligent with our defence.

This year, we are surviving on unproven and untested players but who could be mid-table by 6pm tomorrow which would be an incredible start given the nature of our team and the way its come together.

Historically, who knows.

I thinks it's possibly because we have that "were gonna lose" mentality before the games even begun, it seems we know we always start badly and have resigned ourselves to it, which is a sad state to be in.

Yes, last season I agree 110% - or not - it seems there is a debate about whether it is feasible to have more than 100% of anything...

Which is probably why we have a country hurtling headlong into recession run by mindless cretins who are more concerned about re-election than sorting out the crap that has been caused by virtue of house-prices being worth 400% of what they were a decade ago...

But then I'm just getting older and desparing of the feral society we have created...

A lot of which will be improved if we stuff QPR tomorrow by the luckiest of flukey 1-0 wins... ;)

Now you know the main reasons I emigrated in Spring.........

Last year it was because GB was criminally negligent with our defence.

This year, we are surviving on unproven and untested players but who could be mid-table by 6pm tomorrow which would be an incredible start given the nature of our team and the way its come together.

Historically, who knows.

What like the fools who were saying we will be 5th after the Blackpool game?

What like the fools who were saying we will be 5th after the Blackpool game?

But not me, sir. Find the post in which I predicted we would lose to Blackpool and asked for some restraint.

But like Anton Ego, I cannot order 'perspective'. I can only order what is on the football menu and then provide the perspective myself... ;)

Most years I would say it is down to piiss-poor pre-season preparation and transfer activity, of which last Summer 2007 has to rate as the worst in a millennia.

However, this year it is because we are basically shiit and are going down.

not been on much lately -did you ever post your info about the business plan?

as long as we can play a league 2 team every few weeks to get some points...

Out of the 6 played, we have met just one league 2 side. Of the remaining 5, we have played 3 games against sides in the prem last year - we won 2 of those 3.

I am just pointing out that if people want to start saying the season has been a disaster to date and already confirms us to certain doom, then certain facts would not bear this out.

LOL. Derby are indeed Division 3 standard currently, and Exeter are in Division 3.

Kind of hints to us where we belong (and will be) next season, doesnt it ?

Wrong! even if your wish came true, we would only be in League 1 (old div 2).

I assume you did not emigrate as part of the brain drain from these shores?

Currently Spurs are bottom of the Premiership and Liverpool top.

I will have an even £1,000 with ANYONE who wants it that is not how the Premiership concludes...

Haha! Excellent.

Here's a similar stat for fellow lovers of perspective.

Hull are currently 4th in the Premiership.

After 15 games last season they were BELOW Saints in the table...

Yet somehow, we can legitimately write-off this season after 4 league games????

Riiiiiight:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh dear, look at the little snot-nosed teenager that thought football started with the Premiership............

"Aaaahhhh. Diddums is reverting to straight name-calling"..... Ring any bells?

Am not sure what the premiership reference was all about either, other than it was a way of deflecting the fact that I had picked up on the utter ******** you had spouted about being in Div 3 next season?

Get back to your cellar

"Aaaahhhh. Diddums is reverting to straight name-calling"..... Ring any bells?

Am not sure what the premiership reference was all about either, other than it was a way of deflecting the fact that I had picked up on the utter ******** you had spouted about being in Div 3 next season?

Get back to your cellar

Yep, he STILL hasnt worked it out...

Oh believe me I had you sussed as a pr*ck from the very off.

Now back to your cellar.

I can come out of my cellar whenever I want though - you are permanently trapped inside that dull confined prison you call your mind.

Hey kid, here's for your benefit:

Premiership used to be Division 1

Championship used to be Division 2

Division 1 used to be Division 3

I would have thought the fact that there is no division named "Division 3" now would have helped you to work it out..

HTH. No need to thank me..