Morgan at cb?

saint_bert

I too don't get some peoples sudden panic about getting a CB in...Perry, Cork, Wotton and Lancashire and K Davies are all either natural or very accomplished CB's, whilst as you can Schneiderlin can also play there if needs be. And that's presuming the worst case scenario that Killer and Thomas won't be available in the short-mid term future!

I think some people are over-reacting about our defensive 'crisis'. We have . . .

Svensson

Perry

Thomas

Cork

Lancashire

and then we have the option of using . . .

Schneiderlin and

Wotton.

So when you think about it, we do actually have plenty of options.

Anyone think maybe Schredelin might play cb?

Even Wotton?

Also Perry is avaliable I believe, so why all the panic about CB's?

Because Perry, a good player in the past, is a slow 36 year-old who spent last season in a poor League 1 side, Wotton is so good that Plymouth let him go on a free and Spiderman is nothing more than a promising midfield player who will get torn apart by a decent forward at this level.

There's no panic on my part though - I'm resigned to the situation.

Oh yes - and the other youngsters mentioned have not played a senior game in the league.

Edited by Big Ron fan

Because Perry, a good player in the past, is a slow 36 year-old who spent last season in a poor League 1 side, Wotton is so good that Plymouth let him go on a free and Spiderman is nothing more than a promising midfield player who will get torn apart by a decent forward at this level.

There's no panic on my part though - I'm resigned to the situation.

How many games have you seen this season?

I too don't get some peoples sudden panic about getting a CB in...Perry, Cork, Wotton and Lancashire and K Davies are all either natural or very accomplished CB's, whilst as you can Schneiderlin can also play there if needs be. And that's presuming the worst case scenario that Killer and Thomas won't be available in the short-mid term future!

Huh?

I think some people are over-reacting about our defensive 'crisis'. We have . . .

Svensson

Perry

Thomas

Cork

Lancashire

and then we have the option of using . . .

Schneiderlin and

Wotton.

So when you think about it, we do actually have plenty of options.

I wouldn't call it over reacting, just very concerned.

Of your list two are out injured and one has never played before (nor has Davies who has been mooted as an alternative).

Putting Wotton or Schneiderlin in there isn't really the answer either for me (only as an emergency halfway through a game). We have enough issues playing midfielders as full backs without having to make do with three out of the back four playing out of position.

So we have Perry and Cork in the middle of defence, with some rookies as back up. Now of course they could come in and perform brilliantly, but I think it's reasonable to have some concerns as we stand here today.

Oh yes - and the other youngsters mentioned have not played a senior game in the league.

Yes, but Davies and Lancashire have played with the players around them many-a-time, its not like they're being thrown in at the deep end with 10 players they've never seen before...besides, this would only be the case if 2 out of Perry, Cork and Wotton got injured and that Killer's injury becomes slightly more long term (if not permenant)

Yes, but Davies and Lancashire have played with the players around them many-a-time, its not like they're being thrown in at the deep end with 10 players they've never seen before...besides, this would only be the case if 2 out of Perry, Cork and Wotton got injured and that Killer's injury becomes slightly more long term (if not permenant)

With respect, my 8 year-old's side are pretty good, used to playing with each other and pass the ball well, but if all of them were put in Saints first team at once the results would be a lot worse than if one or two of them were!

With respect, my 8 year-old's side are pretty good, used to playing with each other and pass the ball well, but if all of them were put in Saints first team at once the results would be a lot worse than if one or two of them were!

I see what you mean. It's just a shame that as Saints fans we have to presume the worst all the time!