Why is it

ladysaint

that we play Coventry Home and Away within the same month (October), and is my league fixture sheet wrong, is this a record for playing the same team twice in the league in one season.

IIRC we played Sheff Weds H & A within quick succession last season.

But yes it is correct, 24 days between matches...and the one away leg on the box too (another loss then :D)

EDIT : Just checked and the Sheff Weds games were 24 days apart last season, so no it's not a new record if it ever was :D

I can understand it in cup competitions because you are pulled out randomly but the league fixtures are computerised I presume so you would think you would play each team once before you play them again, if they are not done this way why is it then that you only get the odd occasion when you play a team twice in a month.

Way back the fixture list always gave teams the same team home and away within the first two weeks as midweek games, e.g. in 1961 we played Rotherham A (Sat), Liverpool H (Wed), Pompey H (Sat) and Liverpool A (Wed).

It was a great start to a season, the double over Liverpool and we beat Pompey 5 - 1; we lost to Rotherham of course...

I can understand it in cup competitions because you are pulled out randomly but the league fixtures are computerised I presume so you would think you would play each team once before you play them again, if they are not done this way why is it then that you only get the odd occasion when you play a team twice in a month.

Aye it is computerised BUT haven't they tries to make the Christmas and Easter fixtures 'local' ones hence they may have had to jig a few others around to accommodate that.

Last year we didn't play S****horpe until Jan either and we'd played a few other teams twice already before them..