orange iphone prices and release date here!

sotonjoe

10th nov release.

i've tried to put link to prices here but don't know if it'll work as i had to enter a code to get to that page.

basically, it's similar priced contracts with extra minutes. You get 'unlimited' web use and wifi but it's actually limited to 750mb per month.

All tariffs are the same with the exception of the cheapest 18 month contract, which Orange are offering with twice as many minutes and texts as o2 are.

I'm with Orange at the moment - I can actually upgrade next Tuesday - and was prepared to stay when I first saw this, however I've now worked out that I can get the second tier 18 month tariff on o2 cheaper than the first tier, as I have a corporate discount card for them. Unless Orange can match it, I'll be off to o2 come February when my contract actually runs out...

All tariffs are the same with the exception of the cheapest 18 month contract, which Orange are offering with twice as many minutes and texts as o2 are.

I'm with Orange at the moment - I can actually upgrade next Tuesday - and was prepared to stay when I first saw this, however I've now worked out that I can get the second tier 18 month tariff on o2 cheaper than the first tier, as I have a corporate discount card for them. Unless Orange can match it, I'll be off to o2 come February when my contract actually runs out...

Hmm... done some research and it now appears that o2 won't honour the corporate discount on the iPhone 3GS. Maybe Orange will be getting my business for another 18 months after all.

They've added a'cheap' 24 month tariff for £29 though as well, which offers more minutes and texts than the cheap o2 one. o2 only do a £29 contract on the 18month pakcages i think.

Orange is, at least, offering customers the chance to get an iPhone 3GS for £125 on a two-year contact costing £29.36 a month. O2's two-year contracts start at £34.26 per month, although the 3GS handset is cheaper at £87.11.

I can't wait to get away from o2, not decided if i'll go with Orange or Vodafone yet.

Any idea on the Vodafone price structure?

I've been with every network in the UK and from my experience Orange is by far the worst for customer service and network coverage. o2 is pretty good, but vodafone gets my vote by far, i'm only with o2 at the moment for the iPhone

I've been with every network in the UK and from my experience Orange is by far the worst for customer service and network coverage. o2 is pretty good, but vodafone gets my vote by far, i'm only with o2 at the moment for the iPhone

I like O2. Fantastic network coverage and customer service has always been top notch for me. Orange are simply awful in all aspects. Their coverage is laughable for some a large network provider. My missus is on Orange so we can get the free broadband and she is forever asking to borrow my phone as she has no signal.

I've never had a problem with Orange's customer service, and I've been with them for 10 years.

The signal's a bit crap in some areas (on the train to London and at my parents' house being the two main places), but otherwise they're alright.

10 years? :smt103

Might be time to try a different network as you probably don't know any better! :rolleyes:

I've never had a problem with Orange's customer service, and I've been with them for 10 years.

The signal's a bit crap in some areas (on the train to London and at my parents' house being the two main places), but otherwise they're alright.

Signal's crap on the train to London no matter who you're with - Stephen's iPhone is on o2, and he gets just as many service drops as I do on Orange.

I've never had a problem with Orange customer service either, and only been with them for about 15 months. o2, on the other hand, I was with for about five years, and had no end of trouble and grief with them, as has hubby...

That's interesting because I can say that I've had contracts with all the networks except 3 and T-Mobile, and Orange were far and away the best in terms of both customer service and signal quality.

With their recent T-Mobile acquisition, they will soon be the biggest UK network with a 37% market share. I would have thought that extra network capacity will come with that and the service will get even better.

Whilst I wouldn't suggest you should believe everything you read in the media, the internet does seem to contain plenty of criticism of O2's 3g service, hence one of the reasons why I've held off signing up for an iphone with them.

I get great service from O2, both signal and customer service.

I use the iPhone with a £20 Simplicity SIM. 30 day contract, loads of minutes and texts and unlimited data usage. Perfect.

Presumably you had to pay a wad for your phone in the first instance though seeing as it wasn't subsidised via your ihpone tariff.

Likewise - and because I have been with them for so long I have a contract rate which no longer exists and will not be beaten by other providers (or Orange themselves for that matter). I often get cold called by 3rd party providers touting for business and none can match my current contract.

On the very few occasions that I have called Orange CS, they have been fine - no problems whatsoever. Occasional coverage problems yes, but as somebody who works in telecomms, I know that all providers have similar problems.

Signal on Orange is utter crap. Almost embarrasing in the area's i was trying to use it in. (Eastleigh, Hedge End, Salisbury to name a few)

If someone told me if i was to sign up with Orange for a year i could have a 3some with Megan Fox and Cheryl Cole i would turn it down and join up with 02 or Voda