Recommend Website design programme

Zurichsaint

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but here goes anyway.

I've done some basic website design (for my mother-in-law!), using a cheapo programme called Incomedia WebSite Express.

I've now got the request to build a more sophisticated one, and get paid for it. I want to get myself a better programme, but I'm a bit overwhelmed with the options available, so wondered if anyone can recommend anything? I just need more flexibility than I can get from the Incomedia one.

I don't have any IT background, but I know some visual basic programming. I basically want some WYSIWIG software, that I can teach myself to use. Also something reasonably priced!

Anyone got any suggestions? :confused:

I suspect you need KompoZer. It is free and perfectly adequate for WYSIWYG web design. Easy enough to use as well, albeit with a few annoying little quirks on occasions. I think it is derived from an old programme no longer updated called Nvu. I have used it for a couple of websites and it is as good as lots of paid for programmes.

http://www.kompozer.net/

If you want to pay cash, and be aware that I am no expert on this, I believe Adobe Dreamweaver is the best.