Made in Southampton

Legod Second Coming

OK, I am creative. Can't help it. Left brain and all that.

So, I came up with this idea.

Let's make fecking great posters of Theo and have them all over the country with "Made in Southampton" stamped on them.

And remind people that WE breed the best England players ever.

Channon.

Shearer.

Theo.

All made here.

So to the rest of football, I say. Feck You!!!

Up the SAINTS!!!!

(PS: Good lunch today in Soho, sorry if a bit incoherent...) ;) ....

Channon.

Shearer.

Theo.

Orcheston, Wilts

Newcastle

London

So not sure we can claim we breed them, but we certainly do nurture some good ones.

Wonder which town/city based on population has the best record of producing top flight footballers?????

Let's make fecking great posters of Theo and have them all over the country with "Made in Southampton" stamped on them.

A "Theo Walcott.....Made In Southampton" t-shirt would be a grand idea.....are you watching SFC club shop?

Youngsters in Bolton won't know who Paine and MLT are, sadly...

They might know Channon.

They WILL know Shearer and Theo!!

I was in northern Iceland last week chatting to this dude and when I told him I was from Southampton he immediatly replied 'Matthew Le Tissier".

True story.

Orcheston, Wilts

Newcastle

London

So not sure we can claim we breed them, but we certainly do nurture some good ones.

Wonder which town/city based on population has the best record of producing top flight footballers?????

Not many post war England players born in Southampton.

Martin Chivers

Darren Anderton

Graham Roberts

Wayne Bridge

Can't think of any more!

Just the same happened to me when i was in Rome a few months back!

This year in Thailand, when I mentioned Southampton, the reply I got back from a local was "James Beattie, great player".

Otherwise over there in SE Asia it's normally been Matt Le Tissier, although Anders Svennson popped up a few times in the past.

I think Saints are/were quite big over there as a Singapore/KL based football programme over there (maybe Star Soccer Shorts) is hosted by a Saints fan (Andy ????) and he was always going on about us.

He even used to have a regular slot on the show dedicated to Saints, but I think our recent demise has rendered that obsolete!!!!

I was in northern Iceland last week chatting to this dude and when I told him I was from Southampton he immediatly replied 'Matthew Le Tissier".

True story.

I was in Trieste, Italy in June and looked up an Italian friend I had not seen for nearly 20 years. He also mentioned Le Tissier in conversation about football. If kids in Bolton wouldn't know him, then pretty sad.

This year in Thailand, when I mentioned Southampton, the reply I got back from a local was "James Beattie, great player".

Otherwise over there in SE Asia it's normally been Matt Le Tissier, although Anders Svennson popped up a few times in the past.

I think Saints are/were quite big over there as a Singapore/KL based football programme over there (maybe Star Soccer Shorts) is hosted by a Saints fan (Andy ????) and he was always going on about us.

He even used to have a regular slot on the show dedicated to Saints, but I think our recent demise has rendered that obsolete!!!!

Andy Penders.

http://www.espnstar.com/opinion/bloggers/blog/item61784/

He used to work at the B&Q head Office in Chandlers Ford and he played football with a few from on here for a few seasons.

Couldn't believe it when a mate said he was a star presenter on fast east TV !

True story.

I was in Iran and said I was from Southampton and this guy (Iranian) said "Matthew Le Tissier"!

True story

Le Tissier is well known all around the world as his goals are all over the internet.

Just look at some of the videos on youtube, there are tons of different nationalities commenting - most of them saying "which team did this guy play for, he's brilliant and i've never heard of him" or something along those lines.

Channon.

Shearer.

Theo.

All made here.

Up the SAINTS!!!!

Let me tell you where I stand. I think this is a silly idea that will make us look like a bunch of bellends.

Let me tell you where I stand. I think this is a silly idea that will make us look like a bunch of bellends.

You don't think the club shop would go for a line of "We're desperate for reflected glory" shirts?

How about a t-shirt emblazoned with 'Arry and Theo in a passionate embrace, with the legend "I gave him 'is leg up, f'sure"?

Almost as sad as selling DVDs of us nearly beating Arsenal in the FA Cup final. What a club we have become.

Hey! Football world! We had a good kid and played him for just over a season (or something) before we took the cash. Great.

Now MLT, now you're talking...

You don't think the club shop would go for a line of "We're desperate for reflected glory" shirts?

How about a t-shirt emblazoned with 'Arry and Theo in a passionate embrace, with the legend "I gave him 'is leg up, f'sure"?

Just gimme one of those 'Lets go Wilde' or 'Walk on the Wilde side' t-shirts; I'd pay up to £50 for one of those.

I was in Iran and said I was from Southampton and this guy (Iranian) said "Matthew Le Tissier"!

True story

I was in Italy this summer and said I was from Southampton and this guy said "Matthew Le Tissier"!

True story.

I was in Bulgaria this summer and said I was from Southampton and this guy said "Neil Shipperly"

True story!

I was in Italy this summer and said I was from Southampton and this guy said "Matthew Le Tissier"!

True story.

I was in Bulgaria this summer and said I was from Southampton and this guy said "Neil Shipperly"

True story!

I was in Paris this summer and this guy said 'smile for the sex tape'

Spooky. Someone on a radio phone in Wednesday called him the Transit (aka made in southampton). Good idea tho although I think we are grasping at straws if we have to rely on an EX player to claim fame for something :(

Channon.

Shearer.

Theo.

All made here.

Up the SAINTS!!!!

I agree with this. Let's do this - let's celebrate this club exactly like this with a team of fans, stars, respected shareholders and Southampton MPs and council members and let's use this sort of thing to sell Southampton and SFC to a big investor.

We have a city and club to be proud of. Lets sell it and gain some glory.

You can't win anything with kids.

the thing that gets me...is that should we get the rich investor..we are RIPE to go on to huge things...

state of the art training ground, tip top youth set up...new stadium that has the space to be expanded beyind 40-odd thousand...

THAT IS ALL IN PLACE....just need the push BACK into the prem then I cant help but think we would have potential buyers (in the current climate) with serious money being very interested....

it is so frustrating that we are going the other way...