Oscar signs Pro contract on the OS

saintjay77

Not sure if this is a good thing or not as I havn't seen much of him but if he is ear marked as 1 with a bright future this should at least secure us a decent fee should he progress and becomes saught after.

I dont like this kids getting so far with us and then being tempted away leaving us with little compensation so long term contracts for the better ones must be a good idea?

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/?page_id=10576

Not sure if this is a good thing or not as I havn't seen much of him but if he is ear marked as 1 with a bright future this should at least secure us a decent fee should he progress and becomes saught after.

I dont like this kids getting so far with us and then being tempted away leaving us with little compensation so long term contracts for the better ones must be a good idea?

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/?page_id=10576

such is life...we spent years doing it to god knows how many other clubs......

suppose your right but we have been doing it at a much lower level and at a much younger age. Allot of time and effort gets spent on turning young kids potential into a reality so it just feels like more of a kick in the nuts when these players leave for very little.

I would have thought that the kids we are tieing down to long term contracts now will either become something decent and go for a fee worth taking or be giving the rewards of a decent contract should they want to stay with us. Kind of take a small long term contract with us now and if you make it you will be rewarded with a decent team coming after you or a much better contract from us when we can afford it.

Seems the powers that be are putting a 2 year timeline on our success as these kids will only have a year to run on there contracts at that time. If we are getting somewhere then we will be in a position to offer something better but if we are not we will be looking at cashing in and changing direction.

suppose your right but we have been doing it at a much lower level and at a much younger age. Allot of time and effort gets spent on turning young kids potential into a reality so it just feels like more of a kick in the nuts when these players leave for very little.

I would have thought that the kids we are tieing down to long term contracts now will either become something decent and go for a fee worth taking or be giving the rewards of a decent contract should they want to stay with us. Kind of take a small long term contract with us now and if you make it you will be rewarded with a decent team coming after you or a much better contract from us when we can afford it.

Seems the powers that be are putting a 2 year timeline on our success as these kids will only have a year to run on there contracts at that time. If we are getting somewhere then we will be in a position to offer something better but if we are not we will be looking at cashing in and changing direction.

I was sure there was a rule about u18 and only being able to sign for 2 years but having searched here http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/RulesAndRegulations/Additional/Postings/2005/11/Section_C_rules.htm cant seem to find it.

Yess, very good player. Im not using the word potential because that suggests that he might become great, he's great already and will do well for us.

One of the things that impressed me was his ability to play the simple pass sometimes the kids try to do too much. He just gets it down and plays it simple.

A big tall lad that has the makings of a good footballer IMO.

Only downside is his tendency to give away too many free kicks but that will disappear from his game with coaching and experience.

I was sure there was a rule about u18 and only being able to sign for 2 years but having searched here http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/RulesAndRegulations/Additional/Postings/2005/11/Section_C_rules.htm cant seem to find it.

Im sure that line has been used in the past and most recently it was used for Theo. Not sure if the rules have changed but I cant see them signing him for 4 years if its against the rules???

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
One of the things that impressed me was his ability to play the simple pass sometimes the kids try to do too much. He just gets it down and plays it simple.

A big tall lad that has the makings of a good footballer IMO.

Only downside is his tendency to give away too many free kicks but that will disappear from his game with coaching and experience.

I was very impressed with his display at Winchester pre-season.