Media Centre type program

thesaint sfc

I've got an LG 720P 32" TV in the bedroom at home. A computer tucked away in the cupboard behind the TV. The TV and the PC are connected via HDMI. I've got 2x 1TB hard drives in the computer with films on. At the moment I have a wireless mouse connected to the PC and can happily sit in bed and click on which film I want to watch. Is there a program out there that would do to my films what itunes does to music? Like a media management program? Would be nice to have an interface to click away at rather than having to use windows.

I might not have explained it properly, but that's not really what I mean. Thanks for the input though Al :D

I'm after a program that acts like itunes in that it gathers and manages all your music, sorts out the album art and stuff like that. Just I want to do it for DVD's I have saved on my PC!

I have found this program - http://www.team-mediaportal.com/download.html which I am going to give a try tonight.

If that doesn't work I'm going to try and load either Windows Vista HP or Windows XP Media Centre Edition, as both of those supposedly have the capabilities to do what I'm after. I don't know how they will handle codecs and things like that though :confused:

I'm going to try and load either Windows Vista HP or Windows XP Media Centre Edition, as both of those supposedly have the capabilities to do what I'm after. I don't know how they will handle codecs and things like that though :confused:

The very thing I was going to suggest as an option, Will. You will, of course, need a DVD codec or program, such as Powerdvd, just for any media player you choose to use, so that it can resolve your vob file data.

I might not have explained it properly, but that's not really what I mean. Thanks for the input though Al :D

I'm after a program that acts like itunes in that it gathers and manages all your music, sorts out the album art and stuff like that. Just I want to do it for DVD's I have saved on my PC!

I have found this program - http://www.team-mediaportal.com/download.html which I am going to give a try tonight.

If that doesn't work I'm going to try and load either Windows Vista HP or Windows XP Media Centre Edition, as both of those supposedly have the capabilities to do what I'm after. I don't know how they will handle codecs and things like that though :confused:

I've used older versions of media Portal before and it should easily do exactly what you need. Also the codecs and stuff are usually easily available.