Walcott - cashed in too early?

Johnny Shearer

Relegation has had a traumatic affect on the club and possibly lots of fans have not moved on yet and fully accept we are below average Championship side and will remain in that state for sometime hopefully

No we just have a couple of posters who are quite clearly insane, they talk about GH & RL

More than anything else. No matter what thread it is the same old friggin ********.

Guest Hacienda
The Northam contingent are the reason a weak board did not back Lord Lowe's choice.

So Lowe didn't have sway over the footballing board?

Strikes me as weak leadership by Lowe and that weak leadeship led to our downfall.

QED = It's all Lowe's fault.

It was a minority, but a minority of gob****es. They will never apologise because they have either airbrushed their part in our downfall from their minds or they are too guilty for what they did.

One thing they would like to do is conveniently trivualise the event and thus detract away from their part, the most imprtant part in th downfall of this club.

One has to conclude that Dalek is as much of a troll as Scabby, or else he is slightly mental. Which sane person would cling on to this Hoddle thing and use every opportunity to bring it up on a chat forum? Firstly, it is trivial and secondly there are absolutely no grounds for assumption that Hoddle would have kept us in the Premiership, nor even that Walcott would have stayed here had Arsenal came calling even then.

The Northam contingent (of which I am one) and all of the others from elsewhere in the ground who did not want Hoddle back have nothing to apologise for. If there were any grounds at all for predicting that Hoddle would have saved us from relegation, then he would have proved his managerial prowess at other clubs he managed after he left us. But as his record elsewhere has been little short of dismal, the ground has been taken from under your feet with your assertions that he would somehow have done better here.

And if Lowe was unable to pursuade his fellow board members about Hoddle, then good for them that they were more in touch with fan feelings than Lowe. Why don't you and Scabby have a go at the co-directors instead of the Northam? Oh yes; that wouldn't fit the cloth cap hate agenda and the class thing.

The Northam contingent are the reason a weak board did not back Lord Lowe's choice.

Scooby you are a bigger fool than I thought you were. When has Lowe ever listened to the customers or the lunatic fringe as he calls them, it shows what the board thought of him if they would not back him and trust his judgement.

Scooby you are a bigger fool than I thought you were. When has Lowe ever listened to the customers or the lunatic fringe as he calls them, it shows what the board thought of him if they would not back him and trust his judgement.

:) I have often wondered how blokes can pour their hearts out to some hairy arsed Bulgarian trucker over the internet, just on the basis of a few selected words and having Sheila as a handle.

Lowe didn't listen to the chattering classes, a few board members did.

Incidentally, the original thread that started this was so utterly predictable - I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I dont know what you mean - its good to get people's views. Of course there will be a few posters with the odd comment but what can you do?

Yes we cashed in too early but I know there was no alternative. Lowe did the same thing with Bale, so I'm not going to lay blame on the previous Board or this one for these decisions.

At the end of the day a total of around £9m for a 16 year footballer isnt bad.

The Northam contingent (of which I am one) and all of the others from elsewhere in the ground who did not want Hoddle back have nothing to apologise for.

QUOTE]

You should apologise to Wolves fans, because they ended up with him. He was quite simply useless for them......

At the end of the day a total of around £9m for a 16 year footballer isnt bad.

A nice bit of business by Lowe.

Let us all remind ourselves that if it had not been for the business acumen of our very good Lord Lowe, we would have been standing outside a tribunal cap in hand.

Let us all remind ourselves that if it had not been for the business acumen of our very good Lord Lowe, we would have been standing outside a tribunal cap in hand.

Let us all remind ourselves that if it had not been for relegation, we may have kept him a bit longer.

Dont forget we also got £6-7m+ for Bale. So a good bit of business for the Club under the last regime as well.

Guest Hacienda
Lowe didn't listen to the chattering classes, a few board members did.

And yet he couldn't sway them.

Very weak leadership. Weak leadership that led to our demise.

Guest Hacienda
But the last regime overspent so much they had to cash in for substantially less.

You mean the regime with Wilde, our current chairman and quisling, at the helm.

That's my point. Why do people feel the need to bring it up again and again, it's ancient history now. Personally, I wanted Mark Hughes when Strachan left.

Mark Hughes would have been a fair appointment. The appointment of PS was a a last minute and ill thought out decision. Why ? Because GH was supposed to be the manager but decision was made at the last minute by some weak members of the board who panicked at the sight of a VERY VOCAL BUT SMALL MINORITY of fans.

Thus, at perhaps one of the most crucial points in Saints History we ended up with a League 1 manager and a Rookie in the Premiership !

A big gamble. It will be intersting to see how Ince fairs this season. Although i think Ince has much more experience of top class players than PS, purely from his playing experiences.

Mark Hughes would have been a fair appointment. The appointment of PS was a a last minute and ill thought out decision. Why ? Because GH was supposed to be the manager but decision was made at the last minute by some weak members of the board who panicked at the sight of a VERY VOCAL BUT SMALL MINORITY of fans.

Thus, at perhaps one of the most crucial points in Saints History we ended up with a League 1 manager and a Rookie in the Premiership !

A big gamble. It will be intersting to see how Ince fairs this season. Although i think Ince has much more experience of top class players than PS, purely from his playing experiences.

It's 2008, you silly old woman.

When are you ever going to get over it?

You are quite clearly the saddest, obsessed and frankly, ******* wierdest poster in the histroty of S4E, TSF, SWF.

Thank fook you like in Norfolk with all the other freaks.

You are quite clearly the saddest, obsessed and frankly, ******* wierdest poster in the histroty of S4E, TSF, SWF.

Thank fook you like in Norfolk with all the other freaks.

If you think that understanding the reason for the mess we are in now is a 'sad obsession' then so be it.

I would argue that negelcting to understand is a sign of ignorance.

Alternatively, your insulting remarks could be evidence that i have struck a raw nerve.

Any regrets ???

If you think that understanding the reason for the mess we are in now is a 'sad obsession' then so be it.

I would argue that negelcting to understand is a sign of ignorance.

Alternatively, your insulting remarks could be evidence that i have struck a raw nerve.

Any regrets ???

Raw nerve? Stop being such a gimp. I didn't care if he returned or not. I had no feelings either way then and have allowed by life to move on.

You, on the other hand, are so obsessed that your percieved belief that the "lunitic fringe" had any effect on the decison making that it has become your "truth" that it did.

You really do need to seek help from a mental health expert as you are clearly barking mad.

Raw nerve? Stop being such a gimp. I didn't care if he returned or not. I had no feelings either way then and have allowed by life to move on.

You, on the other hand, are so obsessed that your percieved belief that the "lunitic fringe" had any effect on the decison making that it has become your "truth" that it did.

You really do need to seek help from a mental health expert as you are clearly barking mad.

It is hard keeping the beacon of truth alight when so many would like to extinguish it so that they can crawl away from their shame under the cover of darkness.

Guest Hacienda
It is hard keeping the beacon of truth alight when so many would like to extinguish it so that they can crawl away from their shame under the cover of darkness.

You really are a sad deluded nutter.

And yet he couldn't sway them.

Very weak leadership. Weak leadership that led to our demise.

THE nub of the matter, when push came to shove Ruperts so called mates stabbed him in the back.

rl should have walked that day but showed a lack of strength and a need to keep his nose in the trough

THE nub of the matter, when push came to shove Ruperts so called mates stabbed him in the back.

rl should have walked that day but showed a lack of strength and a need to keep his nose in the trough

Biggest mistakeLowe ever made and he knows it. The tragedy of course is that the club and fans suffered most.

The irony ?, when it was the most important occasion for Lowe to remains stubborn, he did not.

If Lowe had walked away at this point then the real culprits ie the fans that derailed the Hoddle deal and the members of the board that gave way to the mob would not have been able to hide behind the scapegoat that was made of Lowe.

Guest Hacienda
Biggest mistakeLowe ever made and he knows it. The tragedy of course is that the club and fans suffered most.

The irony ?, when it was the most important occasion for Lowe to remains stubborn, he did not.

If Lowe had walked away at this point then the real culprits ie the fans that derailed the Hoddle deal and the members of the board that gave way to the mob would not have been able to hide behind the scapegoat that was made of Lowe.

Cuckoo. Cuckoo.

The tragedy was that he stayed

Biggest mistakeLowe ever made and he knows it.

Even bigger than appointing Wigley LOL ???

And then maybe we/they/us/the fringe/whoever:

a) wouldn't have appointed Sturrock, or

b) may have backed Sturrock over the players, or

c) wouldn't have appointed the talented Mr Wigley

etc etc etc

So to sum up today, first of all we have nickh saying that the only current choice is Poortvliet and now we've got you saying the only choice back then was Hoddle.

**** me, this football malarkey must be easy if you only ever have one choice o make. I'm surprised so many people get it wrong as there must be one odained path of rightiousness for every team out there. :smt046

Even bigger than appointing Wigley LOL ???

And then maybe we/they/us/the fringe/whoever:

a) wouldn't have appointed Sturrock, or

b) may have backed Sturrock over the players, or

c) wouldn't have appointed the talented Mr Wigley

etc etc etc

So to sum up today, first of all we have nickh saying that the only current choice is Poortvliet and now we've got you saying the only choice back then was Hoddle.

**** me, this football malarkey must be easy if you only ever have one choice o make. I'm surprised so many people get it wrong as there must be one odained path of rightiousness for every team out there. :smt046

Not quite, their were far better options than Sturrock, Hoddle being one of them. We did not rush to appoint a manager after WGS left, so why did we appoint PS ???

Not quite, their were far better options than Sturrock, Hoddle being one of them. We did not rush to appoint a manager after WGS left, so why did we appoint PS ???

Aha, so we finally admit that Hoddle was not the only choice we had. Methinks you've seen the light.:p

And I'm afraid you'll have to ask Lowe why he went for Sturrock (and then failed to back him) and then why he went for the Talented Mr Wigley.

Aha, so we finally admit that Hoddle was not the only choice we had. Methinks you've seen the light.:p

And I'm afraid you'll have to ask Lowe why he went for Sturrock (and then failed to back him) and then why he went for the Talented Mr Wigley.

Well, Lowe wanted Hoddle. Other members of the board rejected Hoddle due to the grudge they still bore when heft the club in 2001. The small but vocal anti Hoddle campaign gave them a perfect excuse to veto Hoddles appointment, for some others there was genuine fear that Hoddle would split the fan base.

Because the Hoddle takeover had been assumed , there was very little done in obtaining or courting a decent alternative to Hoddle. PS was not RL's choice, where he came from is a mystery.

Now, this is where i have the problem. At this point RL should have been principled enough to see that PS was just not of the right calibre for SFC. He should have sacrificed his role as Chairman, walked out, sent the club into a temporary flux and allowed the silent majority to voice their concerns at the possible appointment of such an unsuitable candidate as PS.

The fact that RL instead stayed and tacitly supported the appointment was in the best interest of RL ( ie keeping his post), but not the club.

If i was being charitable, it may have been that Lowe had predicted that PS would not be accepted by the players and he could then bring in a more suitable candidate at a later date.

This was a dangerous strategy to play. SFC was always an unstable ship and could not afford to ship too much water before getting into trouble.

Some have mentioned here that the appointment of Wigley was an even biggger mistake. I agree, and still do not understand why.

Well, Lowe wanted Hoddle. Other members of the board rejected Hoddle due to the grudge they still bore when heft the club in 2001. The small but vocal anti Hoddle campaign gave them a perfect excuse to veto Hoddles appointment, for some others there was genuine fear that Hoddle would split the fan base.

Because the Hoddle takeover had been assumed , there was very little done in obtaining or courting a decent alternative to Hoddle. PS was not RL's choice, where he came from is a mystery.

Now, this is where i have the problem. At this point RL should have been principled enough to see that PS was just not of the right calibre for SFC. He should have sacrificed his role as Chairman, walked out, sent the club into a temporary flux and allowed the silent majority to voice their concerns at the possible appointment of such an unsuitable candidate as PS.

The fact that RL instead stayed and tacitly supported the appointment was in the best interest of RL ( ie keeping his post), but not the club.

If i was being charitable, it may have been that Lowe had predicted that PS would not be accepted by the players and he could then bring in a more suitable candidate at a later date.

This was a dangerous strategy to play. SFC was always an unstable ship and could not afford to ship too much water before getting into trouble.

Some have mentioned here that the appointment of Wigley was an even biggger mistake. I agree, and still do not understand why.

IF only Rupert had walked

Guest Hacienda
Ah yes, always the choice for the likes of eastern bloc dictators when they wanted to stop dissidents from exposing the weakness of their own ideas and arguments.

Or, simply, what you do to nutters.

You have no ideas or argument. You have a thought that your strange brain has turned to fact.

You are a loon.

Or, simply, what you do to nutters.

You have no ideas or argument. You have a thought that your strange brain has turned to fact.

You are a loon.

Ah yes, ridicule. Another tactic designed used to deal with people who had a view that might prove dangerous to the status quo.

Guest Hacienda
Ah yes, ridicule. Another tactic designed used to deal with people who had a view that might prove dangerous to the status quo.

It's not dangerous to the status quo though.

It's a laughable delusion.

Guest Hacienda

I'd like to see and read the evidence that Board Members blocked the appointent of Hoddle simple because some fans didn't like him.

I'm sure the evidence is there for all of us to read.