Walcott - cashed in too early?

Johnny Shearer

Seeing as Walcott just scored for England and playing his second consecutive game does anyone else feel Saints took the upfront cash too quickly this year, foregoing the remainder of the payments?

Yes we were/are in dire straits cash wise and it has taken awhile for him to come on at Arsenal but I think this could be the season where he takes off.

Seeing as Walcott just scored for England and playing his second consecutive game does anyone else feel Saints took the upfront cash too quickly this year, foregoing the remainder of the payments?

Yes we were/are in dire straits cash wise and it has taken awhile for him to come on at Arsenal but I think this could be the season where he takes off.

I thinks it known as sods law...

Yes we did. And by we I mean the insect Crouch. It's disgusting that he went cap in hand to Arse, totally destroying the carefully made deal Lord Lowe had set in place.

Yes we did. And by we I mean the insect Crouch. It's disgusting that he went cap in hand to Arse, totally destroying the carefully made deal Lord Lowe had set in place.

For once I agree. We were forced to cash in early because of a hopless gamble on promotion under Burley in which he was allowed to bet the bank but without being committed to automatic promotion... a ridiculous heads you win, tails I lose gamble...

And whos fault was it that we found ourselves in this mess?

Perhaps if Lowe hadnt wasted so much of the clubs money on stupid experiments such as SCW and his waster of a mate Clifford,then maybe we could have waited for the Walcott money.

What I can't believe is that these so-called experts thought he was just about pace??

Bunch of to55ers who don't even bother to do their homework.

Two years ago we could have told them the kid is the new Henry. You'd have to have been blind not to see it!!

That is why i named my son after him and Mlt! Theodore Matthew !

Get real people, this is a ridiculous thread!

Rupert done everything he could to keep Theo, but he wanted to leave.

Due to the rules that exist for 16 year-olds, we could have lost him at a tribunal for peanuts, like Palace did for Bostock.

Arsenal offered us a good deal & we took it

End of.

Due to the rules that exist for 16 year-olds, we could have lost him at a tribunal for peanuts, like Palace did for Bostock.

End of.

I think people are on about the early settlement on the remaining payments?

End of.

Keep up mate, this thread is not about the decision to let him go; its about did we cash in (later) too quickly last season. I for one would like to know just how much money we let Arsenal get away with last season under Crouch. I don't think (unlike Bale) the club have ever owned up to the Walcott renegotiation.

Keep up mate, this thread is not about the decision to let him go; its about did we cash in (later) too quickly last season. I for one would like to know just how much money we let Arsenal get away with last season under Crouch. I don't think (unlike Bale) the club have ever owned up to the Walcott renegotiation.

Yeah, sorry guys - I was a bit behind there!

However, I do know(through 1 or 2 Jersey contacts) that Arsenal approached us about an early settlement.

They were just taking a pot on our financial situation

lol

Yep that nasty Mr Crouch, you know the guy who has ploughed more of his OWN money into this club then dear old Lord Lowe.

Meanwhile its ok for super Wilde and Lord Lowe to do anything to keep the club afloat in your eyes. Anyone else does the same they are insects.

Don't get me wrong every one of them are to blame.

Come on Leon Crouch told us all a deal hadn't been done with Arsenal. Are you suggesting he was telling the fans lies?

Come on Leon Crouch told us all a deal hadn't been done with Arsenal. Are you suggesting he was telling the fans lies?

He would have been lying had he said that, but he never said a deal had not been done (of course feel free to show us the quote by Crouch).

The closest he came was at Central Hall when he said something along the lines of "sorry but I can't answer that question under advice from the people from Seymour Pearce".

The only line denying it was an intro on the OS by the editor of the time who was quite clearly out of the loop, as the deal had almost been done and dusted when Hone was the main man.

Thats the point though. I cant actually recall whether we did or didn't as there were rumours and stories and counter stories.

If anyone can shed any light on it then please do.

I've always said Walcott has the potential to be another Henry - maybe better and rated the lad. Which is why I'll follow what he does as he is a player that can do things.

I just hope we still have a sell on clause.

I think people are on about the early settlement on the remaining payments?

Something we would not see a penny of until Theo has played another 8 competitive games for England. So thats about another 2 years at best (assuming he plays every WC match). If we qualify we may have seen another mill about 2 years later again, perhaps a little less. Still looks like a good deal by Crouch to me, despite what Scooby the Troll tries to imply. If not for Crouch and this deal we may not have even been around for these payments if Lowe and Wilde are to be believed.

Still, fair play to the lad whatever the ins and outs of the deal. Just shows what gormless ****s Sven and Maclaren were not playing him. At least Capello has the balls to replace Becks with Walcott. Hopefully this will bring Beck's retirement forward and accelerate his interest in buying a club that invests in youth :)

Thats the point though. I cant actually recall whether we did or didn't as there were rumours and stories and counter stories.

If anyone can shed any light on it then please do.

I've always said Walcott has the potential to be another Henry - maybe better and rated the lad. Which is why I'll follow what he does as he is a player that can do things.

I just hope we still have a sell on clause.

Why, where do you think he will go??? Man City.... lol!!!

You never know. Arsenal sell him for £64m and we get 20%. Wham bam, thank you mam!

Of course this all happens in my head of course!

I don't think he'll leave Arsenal. I think he will inspire them to a league and Champion's league double and prove that you don't need an oligarch to win things, just a brilliant coach and some incredible talent!