One for you Apple people.

Pancake

Ive got iTune son my laptop for my wifes iPod Touch. Now, I need to get the lappy re-built (its a work one) so is there anything I need to do to make sure I can sync the iPod with it again once I re-install iTunes? Not concerned about the music as that is 99% sourced from mp3 files from CD so Ive got them all stored away already.

As long as you have your music and that backed up then no problems. Once you install Itunes on the rebuilt laptop it will then just go throuh the syncing process again but it will remove all the music from your ipod. (Never really sure why apple have it work like this as it makes a pain if your backup is your ipod)

Cheers Johnny. Ive got 3 external drives sitting here full of music and videos, so the Touch isnt the backup luckily.

Another question then. Say I purchased an album on iTunes and DIDNT back it up, and it was wiped off the PC on the rebuild, and the off the iPod on the re-sync... could I then d/l it again for free?

Cheers Johnny. Ive got 3 external drives sitting here full of music and videos, so the Touch isnt the backup luckily.

Another question then. Say I purchased an album on iTunes and DIDNT back it up, and it was wiped off the PC on the rebuild, and the off the iPod on the re-sync... could I then d/l it again for free?

No you can't you would have to buy it again.

No you can but you need to go to apple support pages and they will tell you. I recently downloaded almost all my music again as I had a bit of an issue with my backups and deleted the wrong drive silly me. Spoke to apple and they sent all the music down to me again. Well almost all there was a fair bit no longer available so they gave me some credits to purchase some other stuff.

They will only allow you to do this once ever so often but you can re-download the music if you delete it or loose it.

you can get the music off the ipod by plugging it in, closing itunes, changing the folder options to show hidden, an extra folder appears called ipod_manager or something, in that is a folder called 'music' which will have all the music on............

Not sure if that answers it or if i went off on a tangent