Lse share movement

skings80

@ 28p each?? 100,000 is a £28k punt in a rising market. Hardly a takeover...

The LSE maybe rising, however SLH is losing money, has a reducing income (attendance is down) and has been part of a hostile board change. Not where I would put my £28k unless I knew something ... As you say "Hardly a takeover" but not as I said a speculative punt either ... the next week could be entertaining

Edited by Sold To The Man @ The Bar

More shares traded in the last 48 hours than in the whole of June.....

Now, how interesting is that I ask?

Would not read to much into it at the moment Trousers. Same thing happened a while back in the "tommac" era and nothing happened then.

Look for the £1m+ movements and maybe then we will have something to talk about. Movement of shares is small fry at present.

Movement of shares is small fry at present.

Agree "in the general scheme of things" but the share movements over the last 48 hours are 'many hundreds' percent higher than anything we have seen since the Tommac era.

But as you say, that came to nowt so this latest shift in trading pattern will no doubt have little substance behind it either.....probably....

I think it is safe to say that in view of Lowe Group/Wilde/Crouch shareholdings the first thing that will happen is an offer document being put to the plc board. At that stage the shareholders and LSE will be advised.

Remember what Wilde said about the right offer recently.

Looking for share movement is not going to give a clue imho.

I think it is safe to say that in view of Lowe Group/Wilde/Crouch shareholdings the first thing that will happen is an offer document being put to the plc board. At that stage the shareholders and LSE will be advised.

Remember what Wilde said about the right offer recently.

Looking for share movement is not going to give a clue imho.

Unless someone in the photocopying department gets wind of the content before it's sent out and leaks the info which then manifests itself in a few 'relatively significant' share trades "just in case" something comes of it ahead of the share price starting to rocket.....

Just a bumkum (sic) theory of course.

Most of us would like to see Saint's shares bought in large numbers by someone intending to spend money on the team - not 'invest' in shares but SPEND on the team. Although, spending could not happen now until January, anyway.

These share movements are NOT large numbers. As already pointed out, what matters is the trading price of about 28P a share, not the face value. So, only about £30,000 of shares transactions, and this may not even be £30K of shares if it is a smaller block being bought and then sold. Nothing to get excited about.

Most of us would like to see Saint's shares bought in large numbers by someone intending to spend money on the team - not 'invest' in shares but SPEND on the team. Although, spending could not happen now until January, anyway.

These share movements are NOT large numbers. As already pointed out, what matters is the trading price of about 28P a share, not the face value. So, only about £30,000 of shares transactions, and this may not even be £30K of shares if it is a smaller block being bought and then sold. Nothing to get excited about.

Agree, but people are (correctly IMHO) pointing out a change in trading patterns here rather than highlighting the absolute amounts.

The change is 'significant' if compared to trading patterns over the last 6 months but is indeed small fry in the general scheme of things.

Just a humble opinion of course.

(and, no, I'm not Mary Corbett's cat. Never have been, never will be)