It's oh so quiet

ladysaint

Probably. The question is, is there anyone left that cares ??

Actually,...sadly...,I still do.

It's a bit like supporting Saints - watching England. You start out with a great deal of enthusiasm, then reality sinks in, then you're left with that hollow feeling in your stomach like there really should have been more. Occasionally (not often enough) you get treated to a real delight, which is even more sweet as really you weren't expecting it.

Still even knowing this I would still like to watch the games if only the money focused buggers hadn't sold every away game to Setanta!! :mad:

When was the last time that watching England can be described as resembling anything near "delightful" ?

Beating Holland 4-1 in 96 or Germany 1-5 in 2001, I reckon..

Saints have filled my heart with joy many more times, and more recently than that.

F**k England. It's just another way for tossers like Beckham and Lampard to promote their brand - sod actually winning..........

Some of us old Codgers were reminiscing about that famous FA Cup game at The City ground that ended 3-3.

I will personally never forget Ossie's fee kick into the goal in front of The Saints fans in the Trent End. I swear it went like an exorcet missile - but he curled it too! What a fantastic strike - I don't think even the great MLT hit one like that - and he hit a few.

I went to that game, I was walking out with a student teacher at a college in Worcester, I drove her up to the game to impress her and explain to her that

her home town club (Bournemouth) wasn't the bees ****** of football.

Great game, bettered by the incident of some (probably drunken)wag lobbing

a little expanded polystyrene pot of mushy peas out of the stand that splatted on a coppers helmet.My young lady was well impressed,think I even scored on the way back to Worcester, having got lost somewhere around Coventry.

Im back so i will liven up the board as i used to be well known for that!!

sorry but dannysfc is banned again like ben the legend!! lol

I will try my best again, should i start witha chuckle brothers takeover rumer!

So 2 out of 3 of Bens usernames have been banned? blimey he is doing well. lol

When was the last time that watching England can be described as resembling anything near "delightful" ?

Beating Holland 4-1 in 96 or Germany 1-5 in 2001, I reckon..

Saints have filled my heart with joy many more times, and more recently than that.

F**k England. It's just another way for tossers like Beckham and Lampard to promote their brand - sod actually winning..........

and

How much will Iceland twaaaat Highly-Motivated Scotland by ????

In fairness to Alpine, I don't think any of us would correctly have predicted both last night's results, but I couldn't resist going back to these.

dont we have anything to discuss, team for Sunday, prices of tickets, how many we taking to Loftus Road, new players, new strip, - no one talks anymore, lets be having you.

Indeed. It's the Friday night before the weekend game, after a two week break, and I'm sat talking to meself on 'ere.

Actually, that's quite normal. Ignore me.