It's oh so quiet

ladysaint

Ok, team for sunday.

Davis

Cork Svensson Perry Surman

Scheiderlin Gillett

DMG Llalana Holmes

John

Lets stir up some debate. I am going with a sweeper system, Cork as sweeper with Dyer and Holmes as wing backs. El Tel is with me on this one..........

Davis

Svensson Cork Perry

Dyer Holmes

Gillett Scheiderlin

Llalana

DMG John

Lets stir up some debate. I am going with a sweeper system, Cork as sweeper with Dyer and Holmes as wing backs. El Tel is with me on this one..........

Davis

Svensson Cork Perry

Dyer Holmes

Gillett Scheiderlin

Llalana

DMG John

nice idea, although I'd put james at RWB and have perry sweeping instead of Cork.

Also I'm not sure Holmes would be able to play wing back. Rudi would fit in there, but from what I've heard, he isn't up to it at the moment. Surman may be a better choice there, IMO

dont we have anything to discuss, team for Sunday, prices of tickets, how many we taking to Loftus Road, new players, new strip, - no one talks anymore, lets be having you.

Used to think that life was sweet

used to think we were so complete

I can't belieeeeeve Rupe's threw it away

Used to feel we had it made

Used to feel we could sail away (to the CL)

Can you imagine, how we feel today

Well it seems a long time ago, we were the only ones (in Hampshire)

Now we only sing swing Lowe and we're the lonely ones

Do you know what you've done

It's so funny how we don't talk anymore.

It's so funny how we don't taaaaaaalllkk anymooohorhor

yep, that works thank LS

Anyone for Reserves v Gillingham tomorrow?

Wonder what the team will be?

Might give us an idea of who's here!

Is Skacel fit to play? I suppose him and the others that were left out because they were supposed to be sold like for instance Euell will play to get match fit.

How about dodgy ref for Sunday?

Kevin Friend, celebrated on a QPR site as being one of the biggest "homers" in the game

Doh

http://www.qpr.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=124125

I suppose the away fans will have to do their part and make sure they're louder then the home fans.

Is Skacel fit to play? I suppose him and the others that were left out because they were supposed to be sold like for instance Euell will play to get match fit.

I suppose the away fans will have to do their part and make sure they're louder then the home fans.

It's QPR away mate - when have we EVER been quieter than that lot!

and another thing where is FF (aka as Duncan Holley) he doesnt appear to post anymore. We need more input about days gone by and stories.

I agree and also would like to point out that a few months ago I asked

Teddy Nutkins to post more of his Down the Dell stories and an Admin chap

said he would organise it. No names, no pack drill :D

How many have we sold for sunday, anyone know?

Just over 700 as of this morning - including 4 Canucks. :p

Also went to Stapelwood this morning. JP's training was really impressive - all about ball control, movement off the ball, peripheral vision in passing, burning opponents with speed, and so on. If the kids can pick up what JP is preaching, and put it into practice, and if we can finish more effectively, we're going to be a handful for most teams in this division. Big "ifs", big rewards, but fun to watch. Better than a bunch of overpaid, weather-beaten "stars" who are far quicker to their pay cheque than they are to a tackle.

Killer didn't practice with the team while I was there but I did hear a little whisper that Rudi might start on Sunday.

Some of us old Codgers were reminiscing about that famous FA Cup game at The City ground that ended 3-3.

I will personally never forget Ossie's fee kick into the goal in front of The Saints fans in the Trent End. I swear it went like an exorcet missile - but he curled it too! What a fantastic strike - I don't think even the great MLT hit one like that - and he hit a few.

Just over 700 as of this morning - including 4 Canucks. :p

Also went to Stapelwood this morning. JP's training was really impressive - all about ball control, movement off the ball, peripheral vision in passing, burning opponents with speed, and so on. If the kids can pick up what JP is preaching, and put it into practice, and if we can finish more effectively, we're going to be a handful for most teams in this division. Big "ifs", big rewards, but fun to watch. Better than a bunch of overpaid, weather-beaten "stars" who are far quicker to their pay cheque than they are to a tackle.

Killer didn't practice with the team while I was there but I did hear a little whisper that Rudi might start on Sunday.

Someone had to ruin this thread with a sensible post :crazyemotefacethingy:

Some of us old Codgers were reminiscing about that famous FA Cup game at The City ground that ended 3-3.

I will personally never forget Ossie's fee kick into the goal in front of The Saints fans in the Trent End. I swear it went like an exorcet missile - but he curled it too! What a fantastic strike - I don't think even the great MLT hit one like that - and he hit a few.

Great day out.

Was looking at In That Number last night to remind myself what a great club we were and hopefully will be again, but at 54 not sure if it will be in my life time

How much will Iceland twaaaat Highly-Motivated Scotland by ????;)

Do you have a little voodoo style Burley doll to stick pins in?, you seem somewhat obsessed by a former manager.

Meanwhile I am looking forward to coming home from abroad and going to the game on Sunday and hopefully enjoying the entertainment and possibly a win.

Plus Scotland will hammer Iceland....................1-0.

If you could see one Saints goal again what goal would it be. My choice would be Golacs screamer circa 1980 think it was against Forest but sure someone will put me right, as Saintkiptanui will know when you reach 70 your memory is not that good.

Two great ones

Gilchrists in the semi

and (not a great goal but a great moment)Peach's pen at Luton in Promotion year.

Paine

Stokes

Funnell

three really significant goals in club history

Funnell's goal at Orient...what a night in London.

I could start a thread on the events of that day - from meeting at the supporters club - to chasing Spurs fans off the pitch - to a night in the barracks near Chelsea as our coach got a brick through the window. Not all of us made it home...!

Those days of following Saints were exciting - if not eventful. That whole season was immense. Only days before that night we were at Luton...another bricked coach.

Still a brick in a coach is better than a knife in the hand!