iPod Touch Wi-Fi help!?

RedAndWhite91

I bought one today and have connected it up to my iTunes, synced it, and it is now on charge, all fine and dandy. However, it will not recognise or connect to the wireless I have in my house. The wireless internet is obviously working because my laptop is working and that is connected to the wireless internet. The iPod is sat next to my laptop, but it can't even find a wireless network, let alone connect to it. Any help would be appreciated.

Slightly different situation, but my MacBook had exactly the same problem when I got it. After much messing around with settings, and taking it in to the Apple Store, I just needed to change the channel settings.

Assume you've tried manual set up too? Drop by the Apple Store and see if it'll connect to their network, if that doesn't work then at least you can book straight in at the Genius Bar.

Slightly different situation, but my MacBook had exactly the same problem when I got it. After much messing around with settings, and taking it in to the Apple Store, I just needed to change the channel settings.

Assume you've tried manual set up too? Drop by the Apple Store and see if it'll connect to their network, if that doesn't work then at least you can book straight in at the Genius Bar.

"Genius", now there's a misnomer for that application if ever I've heard one. Now, whenever I open the iTunes store they recommend a list of songs for me to buy which always includes at least 6 or 7 already on my iPhone. Brilliant.

"Genius", now there's a misnomer for that application if ever I've heard one. Now, whenever I open the iTunes store they recommend a list of songs for me to buy which always includes at least 6 or 7 already on my iPhone. Brilliant.

Genius playlists are fantastic though.

Our household has: White MacBook, Aluminium MacBook, MacMini, 2 iPhones, iPod Classic 120GB, 80GB 4th Gen iPod, 20GB Clickwheel iPod, iPod Nano, 2 iPod Shuffles - the only issues I've had over the years are a screen and battery issue on the white MacBook (fixed/replaced within 2 days by Apple each time) and the 20GB iPod sometimes freezes (user dropping it nto hard surface error).

We've disposed of 2 PCs and a laptop which wasn't much older than my white MacBook (which is still working as new) in the last couple of years as they just weren't getting used anymore. I sure don't miss the amount of time I used to spend on Windows PCs and laptops getting frustrated by crashes, freezes, setting up firewalls, antivurus software, malware, adaware, and other bloatware.

:rolleyes: