Forum banner

gjphilsaint

I would prefer Beattie up there over Pahars or Claus.

Shows how much you know. Beattie wanted to leave at the first sign of money - Claus stayed for the last decade of his career, and Pahars would have too if he could of got fit in the month he was given.

I kind of agree that Pahars should be dropped though. Compare him to someone like Svensson, who requested to stay unpaid and get back into the squad.....

Shows how much you know. Beattie wanted to leave at the first sign of money - Claus stayed for the last decade of his career, and Pahars would have too if he could of got fit in the month he was given.

I kind of agree that Pahars should be dropped though. Compare him to someone like Svensson, who requested to stay unpaid and get back into the squad.....

Footballer wanting money and success shock! So in your world, you would prefer to see a journeyman grafter up there, with little to no talent, flare or ability to deliver success to SFC, based solely on him giving us a few years because no other club wanted him?

Guest Hacienda
The usual ******s,misses the point and doesn't answer difficult questions as he's a gormless troll

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sums it up I feel.

Footballer wanting money and success shock! So in your world, you would prefer to see a journeyman grafter up there, with little to no talent, flare or ability to deliver success to SFC, based solely on him giving us a few years because no other club wanted him?

I have no problem in footballers wanting money and success - it's when they stop giving a sh*t about the club that I lose all respect for them.

Beattie wanted to leave at the first sign of money. Claus and Pahars wanted to stay because they wouldn't have a cat in hell's chance of getting the same money anywhere else.

They're all the same.

Beattie wanted to leave at the first sign of money. Claus and Pahars wanted to stay because they wouldn't have a cat in hell's chance of getting the same money anywhere else.

They're all the same.

claus was ready to go to newcastle when we went down, so I am led to believe...but they did not follow up their intrest

claus was ready to go to newcastle when we went down, so I am led to believe...but they did not follow up their intrest

He'd have fitted right in with their defence.

Back on topic, we might have a look at the forum banner in a few weeks' time. Baj and I are currently working on getting the main site launched. :)

I would like to put forward a suggestion that Terry Paine be included on thre left hand side of the banner. I realise for the sake of symmetry that another more recent player be included on the right, which I will leave to other to be decided. But paine on the left please!!?

Surely Paine should be on the right :)

Must admit I think Channon and Paine should be on the banner (and Bobby?), as top legends of the Club, though I would be sad to see Ivan disappear to make way. Maybe KK will disappear when the going gets a bit tough as he usually does :o

Personally I don't think current players should be on the banner, it should be real legends only, and it will be many years before any of the current crop earn that status (with the possible exception of Killer).

Surely Paine should be on the right :)

Must admit I think Channon and Paine should be on the banner (and Bobby?), as top legends of the Club, though I would be sad to see Ivan disappear to make way. Maybe KK will disappear when the going gets a bit tough as he usually does :o

Personally I don't think current players should be on the banner, it should be real legends only, and it will be many years before any of the current crop earn that status (with the possible exception of Killer).

Ivan? Are you quite sure about that?

Ivan? Are you quite sure about that?

No :confused:

Never really looked closely before, but I really did think the one 2nd from left was Golac. If thats Mick then its a terrible picture. I wish I hadn't posted now, rather embarrassing...

New banner required urgently to save old fogies like me with fading eyesight from further shame :)

Why have two posters requested Channon when he is clearly there already? :rolleyes:

Maybe we could have rotating player GIFS on a random code so it would be like a fancy xmas tree... you'd never know which six might turn up... you could get Lee Todd, David Speedie etc etc on a bad day! Or MLT and Ron Davies etc on a good day!