Teams etc??

Davis

Murty. Trotman. Perry. Harding

Mellis. Spiderman. Hammond. Fish

Lambert. Patterson

what's anyone else reckon

Il go for a 3-1 defeat

Ever the optimist me ;)

Well, looking at our results so far..........;)

Davis
Murty   Thomas  Trotman Harding
Mellis  Morgan  Hammond Holmes
      Lambert  Rasiak

Subs: Bart, Perry, James, Gillett, Thomson, Patterson, Saganowski

Even with a squad like that though, I still think we might struggle against Brentford.

I reckon 1-1 will be the final score.

Davis

Murty Trotman Thomas Harding

Mellis Morgan Hammond Holmes

Lambert Paterson

The (paper version) Echo says Murty IS still injured, quotes Pardew as saying that James was one of the best players at Swindon, at right back ,and will continue to cover there. It also says holmes is injured.

FWIW they have

Davis

James Trotman Thomas Harding

Mellis Schneiderlin Hammond Lalana

Lambert Paterson

but does the Echo actually have any better idea than anyone else?

K.

Murty, Mills and Holmes are all injured. So it means we have to play James ar right-back. Unfortunately I think we still need a first choice right-back with Murty providing the cover.

As we don't have any wingers I'd play 4-3-3 with Morgan as the playmaker and Gillett and Hammond as box-to-box midfielders. That way Hammond can also provide some cover for James.

And Lallana can run at the defence and go deep to pick up the ball - and with Paterson he can do some of the running for Lambert!

Sorted:

Davis

James, Thomas, Trotman, Harding

Hammond, Schneiderlin, Gillett,

Lallana, Lambert, Paterson

That will be 3-0 to Saints then!

I must admit I have been considering 4 3 3 for a while now. However if we decide that that is the answer we need to play an out and out winger. Lallana is never going to be that so I would have Gobern in and possibly Thomson. Lallana and Paterson could be on the bench. Schneiderlin I would tell to roam and look for space so that he is always free to accept a pass. I would like to see whether he can actually use the space to effect. If he could he would then be making it possible for us to find a forward in a shooting opportunity more often and link with the midfield and wingers. Then the opposition might have something to think about other than pummelling our defence until they find a way through.

As we get stronger we must start to take the initiative and give cause for concern to the other teams. First though every player has to be prepared to work and fight for the cause. AP seems to be collecting players that are able to do this so soon we may have a team to roar on as we climb away from the foot of the table.

Murty, Mills and Holmes are all injured. So it means we have to play James ar right-back. Unfortunately I think we still need a first choice right-back with Murty providing the cover.

As we don't have any wingers I'd play 4-3-3 with Morgan as the playmaker and Gillett and Hammond as box-to-box midfielders. That way Hammond can also provide some cover for James.

And Lallana can run at the defence and go deep to pick up the ball - and with Paterson he can do some of the running for Lambert!

Sorted:

Davis

James, Thomas, Trotman, Harding

Hammond, Schneiderlin, Gillett,

Lallana, Lambert, Paterson

That will be 3-0 to Saints then!

I really hope we can have someone getting in good crossing positions, we have the strikers who can be good in the air on the cross. 433 scares me, sort of thing to give me flash backs of last year.

I'd go for ...

Davis

Murty - Trotman - Thomas/Perry - Harding

Thomson - Spiderman - Hammond © - Fish/Holmes

Pato - Lambert

Bench:Bialkowski - James - Thomas/Perry - Melis - Gobern - Rasiak - Saga

Yes I know it's controversial giving the wristband to Hammond instantly but we have been lacking a midfield leader for a long time and he is proven in the role.

2-1 win I'm hoping for :D

OK... lets get the "feel" for the opposition shall we so that when the game is over we can not use hindsight eg: before the game Swindon were considered weak but afterwards some posters on this forum consider(ed) them a strong team... so what is the perception of Brentford BEFORE we start the game? This enable us to get some perspective if

1 we win ("against a weak team ffs... not a true test of the teams we shall meet, or great win against such a strong team expected to do well this year)

2. A draw ("would have taken that before kick off against such a good team... or Points dropped against dross)

3. A loss ("to be expected against promotion candidates.. or why are we losing at home to sub standard opposition")

So ladies and gentlemen... not asking for a prediction of score... are Brentford a good team?

The (paper version) Echo says Murty IS still injured, quotes Pardew as saying that James was one of the best players at Swindon, at right back ,and will continue to cover there. It also says holmes is injured.

FWIW they have

Davis

James Trotman Thomas Harding

Mellis Schneiderlin Hammond Lalana

Lambert Paterson

but does the Echo actually have any better idea than anyone else?

K.

That's pretty much the line-up I am expecting AP to go for, if Murty is unable to play. If he, Murty, is passed fit I would expect him at RB with James at RM and Mellis to start on the bench, coming on at around the hour mark to burn the tired Bees with his pace.

Oh, and Saints will definitely win as I am at a work bbq tomorrow so will not even be able to listen to match (unless I slip away early, which will be hard to do as I will be easily missed being one of only a few men present and surrounded by loads of females).

OK... lets get the "feel" for the opposition shall we so that when the game is over we can not use hindsight eg: before the game Swindon were considered weak but afterwards some posters on this forum consider(ed) them a strong team... so what is the perception of Brentford BEFORE we start the game? This enable us to get some perspective if

1 we win ("against a weak team ffs... not a true test of the teams we shall meet, or great win against such a strong team expected to do well this year)

2. A draw ("would have taken that before kick off against such a good team... or Points dropped against dross)

3. A loss ("to be expected against promotion candidates.. or why are we losing at home to sub standard opposition")

So ladies and gentlemen... not asking for a prediction of score... are Brentford a good team?

Well, they are still in the winning mind-set which many teams who get promoted as champions have at the start of a new season in a higher league.

They have won 2 and drawn 1 of their 3 games, scoring 5 and conceeding 2 in the process.

So, a decent team who are undefeated thus far this season; whilst, as you know, we are still without a win. If I was a neutral I would go a for a draw (as we are at home) but I still think we will win (heart over head and all that!)

OK my line up for all you crossword fans out there:

GK - 1000 degrees meets Steve

RB - Sit Down

LB - Desperate Thomas......Hardly?

CB - Rastafarian urges his horse on

CB - Down west he's often referred to as John

RM - Ladder, Crackers, you choose?

LM - Eve's beau makes a sound like yellow fruit

CM - Sneakly tip toeing over

CM - The organ of choice

ST - Holidays for OAP's commence winter sports immediately

ST - Shaun's son meets Earnie's other half

Davis

James Perry Trottman Harding

Mellis Gillett Hammond Gobern

Lallana

Lambert

I think Lallana needs to play in behind Lambert, he is innefective out wide and didn't get on the ball enough at Swindon, but through the middle he could cause serious problems.

Lancashire, Thomas, Schneirderlin and Wotton should all be dropped after their useless performances against Swindon.

OK my line up for all you crossword fans out there:

GK - 1000 degrees meets Steve

RB - Sit Down

LB - Desperate Thomas......Hardly?

CB - Rastafarian urges his horse on

CB - Down west he's often referred to as John

RM - Ladder, Crackers, you choose?

LM - Eve's beau makes a sound like yellow fruit

CM - Sneakly tip toeing over

CM - The organ of choice

ST - Holidays for OAP's commence winter sports immediately

ST - Shaun's son meets Earnie's other half

I disagree with this line up. By the time Davis calls to claim the ball, it'll be in the back of our net!

I'd go for ...

Davis

Pato - Lambert

Yes I know it's controversial giving the wristband to Hammond instantly but we have been lacking a midfield leader for a long time and he is proven in the role.

I like that

I'd go for ...

Davis

Pato - Lambert

You haven't included Adam Lallana in the match 18. No chance that will happen.

Would like to see... (assuming Murty and Holmes unfit)

Davis

James Thomas Trottman Harding

Mellis Schneiderlein Hammond Gobern

Lallana

Lambert

Expect to see....

Davis

James Thomas Trotman Harding

Mellis Schniederlein Hammond Lallana

Patterson Lambert

Holmes, Mills and possibly Murty ..out injured.......Holmes has not played any football for a long time. Needs games away on loan when fit.

What sorta club are we gonna loan him out to then? Non-League? Were already playing league one football. Couple of games in the reserves then straight back in the first team. Arguably our best player!

What sorta club are we gonna loan him out to then? Non-League? Were already playing league one football. Couple of games in the reserves then straight back in the first team. Arguably our best player!

Reserves do not play very often AND he is injured again.....He has been out with different injuries for some time.....Even before his long injury spell he was not a speedsters...All I am suggesting is some games away might bring him back to match fitness...after he has recovered from injury that is.

Reserves do not play very often AND he is injured again.....He has been out with different injuries for some time.....Even before his long injury spell he was not a speedsters...All I am suggesting is some games away might bring him back to match fitness...after he has recovered from injury that is.

Yea fair point. Would just seem v.strange to loan out a player that we could really do with so much in the first 11. Any idea when he's gonna be fit again? Holmes back on the left side for us would be a massive lift. Especially if it meant finding another slot for Lallana, as IMO he's wasted out wide. Would be tempted to play him in the 'free role' behind Lambert!

Yea fair point. Would just seem v.strange to loan out a player that we could really do with so much in the first 11. Any idea when he's gonna be fit again? Holmes back on the left side for us would be a massive lift. Especially if it meant finding another slot for Lallana, as IMO he's wasted out wide. Would be tempted to play him in the 'free role' behind Lambert!

Stand to be corrected but previously he has had leg injuries....Now it was stated that he has groin strain....Never sure about his speed but otherwise quite good in some areas of his game....Not so sure he would have so much time on the ball before being poleaxed in this league...Lallana needs to play down the middle supporting the striker/s..not out wide..again not a winger.

Hammond looks good for the middle of midfield...Spiderman is another who is not suited to Div 1 but may excel with Hammond alongside him...Trotman looks the part for our defence..Lets hope so :)

COYRs 3 points today...pleaseeee

I'd go for ...

Davis

Pato - Lambert

That looks very pretty

Davis

James Perry Trottman Harding

Mellis Gillett Hammond Gobern

Lallana

Lambert

I think Lallana needs to play in behind Lambert, he is innefective out wide and didn't get on the ball enough at Swindon, but through the middle he could cause serious problems.

Tend to agree with this formation Lallana does not seem comfortable out wide so maybe this formation could just give him the freedom to start to blossom. Also give's us some much need natural width. but would definitely play that midfield, & if not Lallana in the hole then drop him out for paterson along side Lambert. The good thing is that formation starts to give us a kook of solidity through the middle, lets hope it prooves to be as solid as it looks.

Tend to agree with this formation Lallana does not seem comfortable out wide so maybe this formation could just give him the freedom to start to blossom. Also give's us some much need natural width. but would definitely play that midfield, & if not Lallana in the hole then drop him out for paterson along side Lambert. The good thing is that formation starts to give us a kook of solidity through the middle, lets hope it prooves to be as solid as it looks.

Lallana is the constant enigma, but he isn't good enough to be an enigma to bother us too much. The truth is that he doesn't score and he doesn't provide killer passes, so why would he be an asset up front or supporting the striker? He also, very clearly, is not a winger, since he isn't providing crosses.

It looks more that he isn't prepared to knuckle down to the discipline required to hold a place in the team, but insists in playing his own game, something which he has done, no doubt, since boyhood, being the best player in his boy's teams. He is now 22 and should start shouldering responsibility, and instead we are treating him as if he is still "promising". "Promising what?" would be a good question.

As far as skills goes he isn't an MLT nor any other genius who should be given a free role so that they can give the team of their best. A time in the reserves to make his mind up on what his game is all about would probably not be bad.