Who can he be talking about...

Legod Second Coming

in honesty...alpine predicted the mess we ended up in and the mess the defence was allowed to be in

the fact that it was alpine will always make people refuse to acknowledge he was right in most cases last year...

that does not mean he is always right on anything but he was on the burley issue and got (some deserved) some serious baiting/slagging on TSF

As you are are Alpines sidekick I will take that with a pinch of salt.

Alpine predicts woe every time and of course at times it will be seen to be true.You still have brushed over the fact that he was told that G&D would be installed countless times and he came back with 'anyone but Burley.' Well thank the lord they club didntr stick with the anyone but GB as we would have been relegated.

GB has left and so he is no better than GH, LM, Bally and any other manager who has walked out on us to go to pastures new.

Alpine predicts woe every time and of course at times it will be seen to be true.You still have brushed over the fact that he was told that G&D would be installed countless times and he came back with 'anyone but Burley.' Well thank the lord they club didntr stick with the anyone but GB as we would have been relegated.

GB has left and so he is no better than GH, LM, Bally and any other manager who has walked out on us to go to pastures new.

talk about being lazy with your posts..

the only thing I have had and do have in common with Alpine is that we both post on here, support saints and both thought (like many other evetually did) that Burley was past it last season with saints....

other than that, I dont agree one jolt with alpine, certainly not on his views about lowe etc..

I never once said "anyone but burley"...but hey, dont let the facts get in the way of your lazy posting...

jesus, you are just as bad as alpine at times in your little hissy fits at people....

If Alpine was a Man Utd fan he would have been one of the doom and gloom fans that chanted for Alex Fergussons head in his first season in charge. That is a fact. His level of sucess will never be reached. If he found a million quid he would grumble because he didn't have a pocket big enough to put it in. Sadly, that is in his nature.

If Alpine was a Man Utd fan he would have been one of the doom and gloom fans that chanted for Alex Fergussons head in his first season in charge. That is a fact. His level of sucess will never be reached. If he found a million quid he would grumble because he didn't have a pocket big enough to put it in. Sadly, that is in his nature.

either way, he was right and was specific about it....

anyway, not that it matters

Herewith a quote from Chick Young's (a respected Scottish football pundit) BBC blog :-

"I cannot come to terms with George Burley's description that his team were "outstanding" in that period.

There are two plausible explanations for that claim; either it is about the psychology of man management and a verbal cuddle for his players, or he is having a laugh".

I'm afraid that he has just summed up the feelings I had virtually every time GB did a post match interview during his spell at SMS !!

And thats exactly how Burley came across to all of us not wearing the old rose colored glasses.,,,,,,He wasted your parachute moneys took the pi** and jumped ship at the fist opportunity. The one good point about the whole Burley affair was The silly Jocks paid you out for him:D

Well, that's complete bollllocks. I never believed that Crouch would be so stupid as to go for the cheap approach, especially with the likes of Billy Davies available, so I would never had said "anyone but Burley, including Dodd and Gorman", because I never believed it would come to that.

Once again : I may have refused to believe that we would end up with D & G, but I never said I would accept them so long as Burley piissed off.

And thats exactly how Burley came across to all of us not wearing the old rose colored glasses.,,,,,,He wasted your parachute moneys took the pi** and jumped ship at the fist opportunity. The one good point about the whole Burley affair was The silly Jocks paid you out for him:D

Well I hope we've already got all the money and that they can't send back under the sale of goods act as not fit for the usage.

talk about being lazy with your posts..

the only thing I have had and do have in common with Alpine is that we both post on here, support saints and both thought (like many other evetually did) that Burley was past it last season with saints....

other than that, I dont agree one jolt with alpine, certainly not on his views about lowe etc..

I never once said "anyone but burley"...but hey, dont let the facts get in the way of your lazy posting...

jesus, you are just as bad as alpine at times in your little hissy fits at people....

So you are saying you never said 'anyone but Burley' ?

DD you might not realise but you do jump in to defend Alpine on other issues.It may be as you agree but you do defend him on here quite often.

Well, that's complete bollllocks. I never believed that Crouch would be so stupid as to go for the cheap approach, especially with the likes of Billy Davies available, so I would never had said "anyone but Burley, including Dodd and Gorman", because I never believed it would come to that.

Once again : I may have refused to believe that we would end up with D & G, but I never said I would accept them so long as Burley piissed off.

Ahhh the man who tells us he's right and proved so, is now wriggling.You were told by me and many other posters that G&D would be appointed.You wouldnt wish to listen but carried on with your campaign to undermine the clubs manager and wished for anyone but burley. Well you had your wish and from a mid table team we plummetted to relegation fighters.

As I said before Burley is history none of us can prove either way who was right or wrong, he has walked away from us like others and like others will get what he deserves for dropping us.

So you are saying you never said 'anyone but Burley' ?

DD you might not realise but you do jump in to defend Alpine on other issues.It may be as you agree but you do defend him on here quite often.

I defend him in pretty much two issues..

Burley and those who claim he is the root of all evil with his ramblings when we can all be as bad as each other...

Ahhh the man who tells us he's right and proved so, is now wriggling.You were told by me and many other posters that G&D would be appointed.You wouldnt wish to listen but carried on with your campaign to undermine the clubs manager and wished for anyone but burley. Well you had your wish and from a mid table team we plummetted to relegation fighters.

As I said before Burley is history none of us can prove either way who was right or wrong, he has walked away from us like others and like others will get what he deserves for dropping us.

Not wriggling at all; I am telling the truth in the face of your lies or at best, selective forgetfulness..

I find it the height of arrogance that you believe I should have accepted that D & G would be appointed on the basis that "you said so".

Jesus, and I get slagged off for comments like that..........

To be honest though if you gave a manager £12m in this league in under 2 years i'd say anyone could do better then Burley did. It is all well and good comparing that to say Pearson who had about 50p lost his 2 best players and so on but Burley had it easy. So yes i think the statement "anyone could do better then Burley" is true if they start with and have the same resources Burley had.

Why are we talking about the Scottish football manager's first competitive match on here? If we are going to talk about international football why not talk about the rubbish England served up with a so called top manager at the helm?

So what if he fails at the Scottish job? He had one full season here in which he fulfilled the target of the play offs, and but for some individual errors which were not down to him, might have made the play offs. He has moved on and so have we.

For goodness sakes get over it.

Probably the most reasoned post - but wasn't surprised at all to find this thread here - nothing like kicking the guy in the ******** once somebody else has dropped him for you.

I supported Burley all the way - I hope he drags Scotland throught their qualifying group (but have my doubts that it is possible). I hope he stays the attention of ridicule on here so long as it deflects adverse attention from Jan and the boys - but if things start to go wrong, I suspect it wont be too long until the vultures gather.

Excellent point about England and Macidonia as well - easy to overlook of course for those that wish to gloat.

Nice post.

I hope the c*nt fails miserably, Scotland fail to qualify & the press finally get on Burley's back & give the p*ssed up waster the criticism & abuse he so thoroughly deserves!

Not one for kicking someone when they're down or ganging up on a bandwagon but that t*sser completely mistreated our club with his inept & carefree incompetence & we still suffer with the legacy & remnants of cr*p he left behind. So, I won't feel a shred of sympathy when he, & his fellow sweaties, are crying into their empty tumblers of Glen Morangie!

that was the recurring arguement, you wanted him out, others argued that we were not convinced we would get anyone better, your arguement -if I remember correctly but maybe wrong -was anyone would do better. Well as many suspected we went for a cheap option and got worse

I hope the c*nt fails miserably, Scotland fail to qualify & the press finally get on Burley's back & give the p*ssed up waster the criticism & abuse he so thoroughly deserves!

Not one for kicking someone when they're down or ganging up on a bandwagon but that t*sser completely mistreated our club with his inept & carefree incompetence & we still suffer with the legacy & remnants of cr*p he left behind. So, I won't feel a shred of sympathy when he, & his fellow sweaties, are crying into their empty tumblers of Glen Morangie!

Mistreated how? By getting the most win ratio since the war? By getting us into the play offs. Bastard!

Get some perspective, you can't tell me he did worse by this club than Redknapp or Branfoot.

Of course he made mistakes, every manager we ever had did. Perhaps he should have walked when his best players were sold from underneath him?

At the end of the day we have had two successful managers in goodness knows how many years...perhaps you should slag off the other slackers too?

Mistreated how? By getting the most win ratio since the war? By getting us into the play offs. Bastard!

Get some perspective, you can't tell me he did worse by this club than Redknapp or Branfoot.

Of course he made mistakes, every manager we ever had did. Perhaps he should have walked when his best players were sold from underneath him?

At the end of the day we have had two successful managers in goodness knows how many years...perhaps you should slag off the other slackers too?

Bring on the stats please

Not wriggling at all; I am telling the truth in the face of your lies or at best, selective forgetfulness..

I find it the height of arrogance that you believe I should have accepted that D & G would be appointed on the basis that "you said so".

Jesus, and I get slagged off for comments like that..........

LIES!!!!! Point out my lies .

Many fans could see or knew that we would go for the obvious appointment of G&D, like we also told you the Wilde bunch were all talk.You carried on with your campaign to undermine the manager. You got your way similar to getting your way regarding the removal of RL and look where that took us.

How many times do you need to be bitten before you'll learn dont put your hand in the dogs mouth?

Again GB walked the same as GH LM and Bally none of them came away with any credit for doing so either.Forget about GB he's past move on to the future.

Why are we talking about the Scottish football manager's first competitive match on here? If we are going to talk about international football why not talk about the rubbish England served up with a so called top manager at the helm?

So what if he fails at the Scottish job? He had one full season here in which he fulfilled the target of the play offs, and but for some individual errors which were not down to him, might have made the play offs. He has moved on and so have we.

For goodness sakes get over it.

I don't think it is so much to do with Scotland's woeful performance but more Burley's ridiculous comments afterwards that have so irritated Scottish fans. And I know how they feel because Burley was just the same during his last 12months at SMS. He gave up once Jones was sold but did not have the decency to either resign or at least roll his sleeves up and give it a go. I won't go into his alleged personal problems but imo they are now coming to the fore and are why he seems to have completely lost it when it comes to managing players.

Not quite sure why I clicked on this page, it was only ever going to be ridiculously frustrating/infuriating to see there were some people still stupid enough to defend that man.

and others find it frustrating that people are so stupid to believe all the nonsense aboutgoing through the motins and 'with that money' etc etc etc

It goes both ways Adrians