Who can he be talking about...

Legod Second Coming

"We're disappointed to lose but the whole of the second half we dominated the game. There is a lot of pride in this heat that we battled away until the end. We conceded from a free-kick after five minutes but in the second half I thought we were outstanding. The players thought it was a stonewall penalty."

Wow. Deja vu..........

Nice to see (finally) Burley becoming the joke figure he thoroughly deserves to be.

"We're disappointed to lose but the whole of the second half we dominated the game. There is a lot of pride in this heat that we battled away until the end. We conceded from a free-kick after five minutes but in the second half I thought we were outstanding. The players thought it was a stonewall penalty."

lol. Loved the 80th minute change to bring on an extra striker too. Gimp.

What, no mention of the ref? Or the weather? Or of players missing?

I think he got ref and weather.

He could get away woth spouting that nonsense to the two guys and their dog who turned up at our press conferences (well Cope & The Echo) but the National Press in Jockland ain't gonna take it for long.

How many games in a row has he lost?.........4

And the record is?

George Burley is to a professional footballer, what a Dementor is to Harry Potter....

I seriously would have thought, that only having to meet up with him for 1 week every three months or so, the Scottish footballers would have been able to handle the motivational and passion drain he exerts on them......

Thankfully me and two of my Scotish friends went to the bookies the day he was appointed and placed bets he would be sacked before the end of the qualifiers. It is funny reading Scots views on the game then comparing them to Burley's, it is like deja vu :)

"The former Ipswich and Hearts boss tried to play down the importance of the clash in Skopje as just one of eight qualifiers for the 2010 finals in South Africa".

Above is a quote from the Beeb so apparently he didn't actually manage the Saints at all !!!

Beeb in accurate reporting shock. Most of us here know George Burley never managed Saints. The only time we did well when he was here was when Snodin was assiting.

George Burley is to a professional footballer, what a Dementor is to Harry Potter....

I seriously would have thought, that only having to meet up with him for 1 week every three months or so, the Scottish footballers would have been able to handle the motivational and passion drain he exerts on them......

My god, even your metaphors (rather like your tiresome argument and demeanour) are childish.

Yawn, yawn, yawn!

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but you abuse the privilege.

So stupid and boring that I was 100% spot on and you were completely, hopelessly and utterly wrong about him...

Wow, it must really hurt...

At least Bournemouth Saint has thee guts to come on this thread unlike the millions who were praising Burley to the rafters this time last year.

At least Bournemouth Saint has thee guts to come on this thread unlike the millions who were praising Burley to the rafters this time last year.

I think there was a lot of people who for a long time didn't want a change midseason because of what that might cause. And look what happened when Burley left, we played even worse then before and we were only saved on the last day of the season. I'm not saying Burley was any good, I wasn't saying that last season either but the change of manager could have hurt us a lot more then it did in the end.

I think there was a lot of people who for a long time didn't want a change midseason because of what that might cause. And look what happened when Burley left, we played even worse then before and we were only saved on the last day of the season. I'm not saying Burley was any good, I wasn't saying that last season either but the change of manager could have hurt us a lot more then it did in the end.

Burley should have been fired between November and Xmas.

A few of us were saying it - we were either ignored or abused.

Fair comment, but being abusive to others only leaves him open to the occasional "gentle reminder"...

I note SOG doesnt want to part with his fiver...

Quite unbelievable this thread is really. I mean, Saints are 4th from bottom in the CCC and nearly got relegated last year after he had LEFT US (not got rid of as someone eloquently put it) and a number of people are still trying to say 'I told you so' about Burley. Told us what exactly? That he could keep us from flirting with relegation but was not going to get us promoted. Well done, award yourselves a gold star...

Burley went ages ago guys so maybe everyone should move on....

Guess it won't be long though for Alpine et al to start having a pop at Jan and the youngsters to take the place of pantomime villain Burley.

Also, I seem to recall England drawing against Macedonia....it's not that easy a place to go and win a game fellas.

Quite unbelievable this thread is really. I mean, Saints are 4th from bottom in the CCC and nearly got relegated last year after he had LEFT US (not got rid of as someone eloquently put it) and a number of people are still trying to say 'I told you so' about Burley. Told us what exactly? That he could keep us from flirting with relegation but was not going to get us promoted. Well done, award yourselves a gold star...

Guess it won't be long though for Alpine et al to start having a pop at Jan and the youngsters to take the place of pantomime villain Burley.

Also, I seem to recall England drawing against Macedonia....it's not that easy a place to go and win a game fellas.

Seriously???

Are you George Burley by any chance, or Steve MacLaren... ;)

Probably the most reasoned post - but wasn't surprised at all to find this thread here - nothing like kicking the guy in the ******** once somebody else has dropped him for you.

I supported Burley all the way - I hope he drags Scotland throught their qualifying group (but have my doubts that it is possible). I hope he stays the attention of ridicule on here so long as it deflects adverse attention from Jan and the boys - but if things start to go wrong, I suspect it wont be too long until the vultures gather.

Excellent point about England and Macidonia as well - easy to overlook of course for those that wish to gloat.

Nice post.

The main problem was we never did change to a manager...we did what we always do and went for the cheap option of appointing the coach/es above their station.

If we had appointed a proper manager and at that time there were better options then we may not have had to endure games like Bristol Rovers!!!

So stupid and boring that I was 100% spot on and you were completely, hopelessly and utterly wrong about him...

Wow, it must really hurt...

You were 100% spot on were you? I notice you have disappeared from the thread where you were asked to show us your financial brain. Obviously it is on a shelf in a jar.

I dont rate Macedonia but fans have short memeories of a game v England at SMS.

I suggest before you get too triumphant and proclaiming you are right(something nobody can prove) you should wait and see what transpires.

I dont follow Scottish national football , but am I right in saying they were decimated by injuries or have I got that wrong?

Burley should have been fired between November and Xmas.

A few of us were saying it - we were either ignored or abused.

In that case, now I know that a few of you were saying it, it must make it the stonewall fact you are proclaiming it to be. Thank you so much for having the casting opinion on all things Saints related, you font of all knowledge you. Permission to have a favourite colour you haven't vetted?

In that case, now I know that a few of you were saying it, it must make it the stonewall fact you are proclaiming it to be. Thank you so much for having the casting opinion on all things Saints related, you font of all knowledge you. Permission to have a favourite colour you haven't vetted?

in honesty...alpine predicted the mess we ended up in and the mess the defence was allowed to be in

the fact that it was alpine will always make people refuse to acknowledge he was right in most cases last year...

that does not mean he is always right on anything but he was on the burley issue and got (some deserved) some serious baiting/slagging on TSF