Saints V England?

paulwantsapint

This is my view. Saints is my club, and if I had to choose between the two then its Saints all the way. But i'm also a proud Englishman, and regardless of who is out there wearing the shirt I want them to win, purely because I am English, and I want my country to win everything . Some comments on here worry me, people claiming to be English, but hope England lose?? English People who "dont give a toss how England get on"?? FFS people, if you are English then show you are, fair enough the players dont always seem up for it, but if all of us gave up then what have we got left??

This country is going to the dogs as it is, without so called 'Englishmen' turning their backs and willing us to lose at Football.

ENGLISH AND PROUD

Blimey I find my self agreeing with you well said Saints and England all the way

I'm English but I absolutely despise the England national team. I can't support a team that is full of Skates and overrated tossers like Fat Frank, Gerrard, Terry, Cashley etc... I'd love it if England never qualified for anything ever again.
Agree, I mean how can I possibly support a team with fat frank, cashly cole, ratboy defoe, john thuggyc*nt terry and the rest of em, as much as I like seeing England in the big tournaments I think after the euro's this time round I can live without it.

Is it a concidence that some of the viewpoints on here mirror the tone in the Premiership vs Championship thread (and how we now think the ar5se is falling out of the game, only after we have witnessed some of the probles first hand).

There's always been a debate about Club vs Country, but I dare say if we were in the top flight, with a few players in the squad (and a few more on the fringes) and hosting Enland internationals at St Mary's, then we wouldn't be as negative as we are now.

Funnily enough, I am starting to think that England should starting taking a leaf out of our book.

Why don't we just play the younger players, the non-champs league players. After all, Croatia qualified and did pretty well without a single CL player in their squad (Eduardo horror tackle notwithstanding).

I can't help thinking a team of Bullards, Ashtons, Agbonlayors, Ashley Youngs and Andrew Surmans (;)) might show a bit more drive, interest and, crucially, teamwork to actually get us to the world cup.

Let's face it, despite what any of them say, Frank Lampard and John Terry don't give a flying about playing for England. They all pull the shirt on with the excuses and whines about how it isn't their fault already forming in their minds, and their focus on their next club match.

Get the kids on - at very least it might make the fans empathise with England once again.

Is it a concidence that some of the viewpoints on here mirror the tone in the Premiership vs Championship thread (and how we now think the ar5se is falling out of the game, only after we have witnessed some of the probles first hand).

There's always been a debate about Club vs Country, but I dare say if we were in the top flight, with a few players in the squad (and a few more on the fringes) and hosting Enland internationals at St Mary's, then we wouldn't be as negative as we are now.

I'd still detest fat frank, cashley cole ratboy defoe and juhn butthead terry.

Funnily enough, I am starting to think that England should starting taking a leaf out of our book.

Why don't we just play the younger players, the non-champs league players. After all, Croatia qualified and did pretty well without a single CL player in their squad (Eduardo horror tackle notwithstanding).

I can't help thinking a team of Bullards, Ashtons, Agbonlayors, Ashley Youngs and Andrew Surmans (;)) might show a bit more drive, interest and, crucially, teamwork to actually get us to the world cup.

Let's face it, despite what any of them say, Frank Lampard and John Terry don't give a flying about playing for England. They all pull the shirt on with the excuses and whines about how it isn't their fault already forming in their minds, and their focus on their next club match.

Get the kids on - at very least it might make the fans empathise with England once again.

And JP is already up to speed so will be able to slot right in there as coach of the new young England.... Is there not a free slot for Chairman....LOWEY..

The problem with the England team is deep down I do care, thats why im trying to keep a lim ited intrest, I am fed up with being hurt by that ******* team. Saints I can handle because we are Saints thats what we do. But a team full of players such as England should be performing better than finishing third in a qualification group that contained Andorra and Macedonia

The problem I have with both Saints AND England at the moment is simple - the bl**dy pub.

You see here in Dubai, being so multi-cultural, you go to the pub to watch an England game and 60% of the people AREN'T English. You go and watch Saints and 98% ain't fans. And of course we all know what happens to Saints when we are on the Telly, and so for us to go out and watch an England game it normally means "a big one" and of course, what happens.

So in recent years although ex-pats actually become FAR more "patriotic" than the folks at home, the "going to watch the England game" question is always met with a shrug of the shoulders and knowledge that you'll have some loud mouthed Dutchie/kraut/Frog/Russkie giving you grief when you miss those penalties again.

And as for Saints in the pub....arrggghhh you don't even get abuse, just that look of sympathy normally reserved for those with special needs.

So no, couldn't give a toss about the games on telly.

BUT a trip to the World Cup or Euros to actually WATCH them live, now THAT is special, especially post '98 since most of the thugs have been moved on

England team needs players like, kirkland, ashley young, agbonlahor, bullard, barry, richards, jenas, carrick, walcott, bridge, downing, guthrie, bent, etc.

I do feel that the England team is a bit like last season's saints team - full of overpaid underperforming has-beens living off past reputations. I saw the players selected again & groaned - that so-called golden generation - James, Cole, Terry, Ferdinand, Beckham, Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard, Heskey(ffs!), Owen (alright, not this time), Defoe etc - how many times have they tried & failed. They are even less likely now than 2 or 4 years ago to succceed. And the above list may not be as technically able as the current bunch of t@ssers they might play with a bit more passion & enthusiasm & encourage us to get behind them like our own new lads

I'd rather Saints beat QPR on Sunday than England win a world cup.

Thats exactly how I feel too!

I am always telling friends that I would rather Saints won promotion than England win a

World Cup, because I know which would give me greater pleasure!

Most 'football' fans wont understand this, as they 'support' their big team from an armchair, and dont understand the true passion involved with folowing your local team!

It makes me sick to see John Terry talking about Rio Ferdinand being "on fire for the last two years". I know he's a thick c*nt but this is just plain wrong - you've all been completely turd for England for years because none of you give a f*ck and actually aren't that good, so STFU thicko.

I would literally rather support a team of TSF posters wearing England shirts than those tw*ts.

England are playing? I really couldn't give a stuff. International football is totally irrelevant and I wish it would go back to the times when we played about 3 or 4 times a year. Football is about your football club, not country. It may be a great honour for the players to represent their country, but they don't usually show it much these days. Also watching international football (Especially England) is about as exciting as watching paint dry - agreed there were a few good games in Euro2008, but not many.

Strange thing, for football, club is better standard than international, and more relevant, whereas for rugby it is the other way, club rugby is deadly dull, while international is good to watch.

I think it is really only the plastics who get over excited about international football, true football supporters know that your club comes first.

same as cricket