Saints V England?

paulwantsapint

With international break forced upon us what is more important Saints play well & pick up points with hungery big hearted kids who play for love of game or England win ,without playing, wth greedy big bank balence prima donnas who turn up for love of cash

IIMHO I would much prefer to be behind JAN THE MAN'S KIDS than FABIO CRAPELO'S CLOWNS

reasons

1) young Jamie White left the pitch with tears in his eyes after not performing on sat he will train hard & learn

2) fat Frank Lampard will play awful & leave pitch to count his money then blame everyone else

3) We have got KILLER a true hard man & model professional

4) Ashley Cole/ Tweedy plays like pro model

5) DMG scores hat tricks against nobody's

6) 3 Lions will look like 3 kittens against nobody

7) Team goal against derby not individual goal

8) To many egos to admit who got last touch

I am ENGLISH just have more PRIDE being a SAINT atm

With international break forced upon us what is more important Saints play well & pick up points with hungery big hearted kids who play for love of game or England win ,without playing, wth greedy big bank balence prima donnas who turn up for love of cash

IIMHO I would much prefer to be behind JAN THE MAN'S KIDS than FABIO CRAPELO'S CLOWNS

reasons

1) young Jamie White left the pitch with tears in his eyes after not performing on sat he will train hard & learn

2) fat Frank Lampard will play awful & leave pitch to count his money then blame everyone else

I'm English but I absolutely despise the England national team. I can't support a team that is full of Skates and overrated tossers like Fat Frank, Gerrard, Terry, Cashley etc... I'd love it if England never qualified for anything ever again.

Me too.

I think I'd rather watch Eastenders or something rather than the shower of sh1t that is Engerland.

I'm English but I absolutely despise the England national team. I can't support a team that is full of Skates and overrated tossers like Fat Frank, Gerrard, Terry, Cashley etc... I'd love it if England never qualified for anything ever again.

Me too.

I think I'd rather watch Eastenders or something rather than the shower of sh1t that is Engerland.

i do agree to some extent...

however, I would love to see jimmy bullard play tomorrow and play well...should he play well, KEEP HIS PLACE...

the more I see Rooney and Lampard play the more I want to hate that team...

easily two of the most over hyped and under performing players in recent years and simply should not be near the team

i do agree to some extent...

however, I would love to see jimmy bullard play tomorrow and play well...should he play well, KEEP HIS PLACE...

the more I see Rooney and Lampard play the more I want to hate that team...

easily two of the most over hyped and under performing players in recent years and simply should not be near the team

England are playing? I really couldn't give a stuff. International football is totally irrelevant and I wish it would go back to the times when we played about 3 or 4 times a year. Football is about your football club, not country. It may be a great honour for the players to represent their country, but they don't usually show it much these days. Also watching international football (Especially England) is about as exciting as watching paint dry - agreed there were a few good games in Euro2008, but not many.

Strange thing, for football, club is better standard than international, and more relevant, whereas for rugby it is the other way, club rugby is deadly dull, while international is good to watch.

I think it is really only the plastics who get over excited about international football, true football supporters know that your club comes first.

England are playing? I really couldn't give a stuff. International football is totally irrelevant and I wish it would go back to the times when we played about 3 or 4 times a year. Football is about your football club, not country. It may be a great honour for the players to represent their country, but they don't usually show it much these days. Also watching international football (Especially England) is about as exciting as watching paint dry - agreed there were a few good games in Euro2008, but not many.

Strange thing, for football, club is better standard than international, and more relevant, whereas for rugby it is the other way, club rugby is deadly dull, while international is good to watch.

I think it is really only the plastics who get over excited about international football, true football supporters know that your club comes first.

Wholeheartedly agree.

The guy clearly loves football, and would play regardless of what he was paid. And like Killer, he's had to work hard to get back to fitness. I'm really pleased he got called up.

Thought Capello was going to weed out all the prima donna ****e but it's not looking good. he brought back Becham for ****s sake and that **** can't even run - he can take a corner and a free kick which i'm sure Gerrard could do just as well. He's 7 years past his ****ing best. Lamps has done **** all for England for about 3 years, Rooney about 5 years. ****e.

I do agree with him leaving Owen at home - he aint fit, he's never fit.

In answer to the thread - i desperately want England to win - i just know that they won't and give me SFC any day

reasons

i enjoy the occasion of england games more and enjoy world cups and euro championships that we are in. Where as saints is more of a following

Deadly seriously I do not even know who 'we' are playing or what time kick off is.

I am pretty sure that I will change my viewpoint when saints are back up there with a few of our lads in the frame though, and deep down I am probably just envious.

Could we have a poll on who is going to watch said match:

1. going to the actual game

2. at home

3. at pub

4. watch highlights

5. not at all

Deadly seriously I do not even know who 'we' are playing or what time kick off is.

I am pretty sure that I will change my viewpoint when saints are back up there with a few of our lads in the frame though, and deep down I am probably just envious.

Could we have a poll on who is going to watch said match:

1. going to the actual game

2. at home

3. at pub

4. watch highlights

5. not at all

5. for me.

sad to say there is nothing left in this dying country to be proud of,at every turn the traditional english way of life is chastised and ridiculed not only by our own government but by the rest of the world.an englishman is made to feel a racist just for flying the flag or for just being english.our nationality and identity has been so badly eroded by years of abuse at the hands of the pc brigade in europe and at home.

the country is full to the brim with foreigners,greed has become the norm and this is reflected in the premiership and the national team.

i am an englishman and i am proud to be so but i am not proud of the national team.the the players are just another bunch of greedy fvckers who only want to play for their clubs.to play for your country today doesnt mean the same as it did 20 years ago and imo supporting your country doesnt either.

the premiership is partly to blame for the state of the national team,also the likes of ferguson who sticks the knife in at every oppurtunity this coupled with greed,constant abuse by the press,the reluctance to look outside of the prem for players,players not being picked on merit but on reputation and some of the best players in the world not being able to string 2 passes together.

so its saints for me all the way,id rather be dissapointed on a local scale rather than a national one.

Northern Irish, so fortunately I get to choose both Saints and an international team that actually plays for the shirt!

Cannot believe just how badly England have underperformed recently. Clearly people are paid far too much, particularly if they have to come out and tell you that it hurts when they loose, you should see it writ large on their faces.

What sort of pride to players have when they will hide behind injuries to please their club rather than step out on to the pitch for their country.

Boooooooo to Prima Donna Internationals.

sad to say there is nothing left in this dying country to be proud of,at every turn the traditional english way of life is chastised and ridiculed not only by our own government but by the rest of the world.an englishman is made to feel a racist just for flying the flag or for just being english.our nationality and identity has been so badly eroded by years of abuse at the hands of the pc brigade in europe and at home.

the country is full to the brim with foreigners,greed has become the norm and this is reflected in the premiership and the national team.

i am an englishman and i am proud to be so but i am not proud of the national team.the the players are just another bunch of greedy fvckers who only want to play for their clubs.to play for your country today doesnt mean the same as it did 20 years ago and imo supporting your country doesnt either.

the premiership is partly to blame for the state of the national team,also the likes of ferguson who sticks the knife in at every oppurtunity this coupled with greed,constant abuse by the press,the reluctance to look outside of the prem for players,players not being picked on merit but on reputation and some of the best players in the world not being able to string 2 passes together.

so its saints for me all the way,id rather be dissapointed on a local scale rather than a national one.

Bloody Hell mate. Cheer up it may never happen. What is the "Traditional English Way of Life?" Old Maids on bikes?. The smack of leather on willow? Small boys in the park..jumpers for goalposts? Surely our way of life constantly evolves, otherwise we'd all still be workng in industrial sweatshops and throwing our **** out into the street. Don't get me wrong I kind of see where you're coming from...but sometimes I think you've got to step back & appreciate what you've got . After saying all that I couldn't give a toss about Engand on saturday.

I love watching just about any football and really enjoyed the Euros, but I was still upset England weren't there and desperately hope that we qualify for the World Cup. I know England players are largely a bunch of tossers and they don't make it easy to support them, but I still do, and I enjoy going to England matches. Saints will always come first and I think that is the position for most fans, but each to their own.

But I will say that if England were to win the Euros or a World Cup, lots of people who say they don't care about it would be drinking the pubs dry and declaring undying love for the 3 Lions.

I'm 1/4 English, 1/4 Scottish, 1/4 Irish (Rep) and 1/4 Swedish, and the only national team out of those who I don't follow and support is England. The whole team consists of overpaid primadonnas who just don't seem to give a toss that they're playing for their country.

I support Scotland primarily, and this is because the Scottish players play with passion. This was evident when they nearly qualified for Euro 2008 ahead of one of the World Cup finalists (and they probably would've qualified had there not been some dodgy refereeing in the final game against Italy). Most players in the Scottish national team have come up through the ranks at their clubs and stuck with that club rather than rejecting contracts and moving around willy nilly like most prem players do nowadays for ridiculous sums of money (James Milner anyone?). I know that there are some highly valued and paid members of the Scotland squad (Barry Ferguson and Darren Fletcher) but the players seem genuinely delighted to be in the squad in the first place, like Kirk Broadfoot, who upon being called into GB's squad to face Macedonia cancelled a holiday to train with the squad. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7595537.stm).

When the players pull on a Scotland shirt they seem proud. When the England players pull on their shirts they seem to be thinking about their wallets. England have some of the most talented footballers in the world in their national team, and they failed to qualify for the Euro championships this year. Whether you put that down to Steve McLaren or the players lack of enthusiasm, it's still appalling. I was in a very crowded pub in London with some people I was working with on work experience when England were playing their final game of the qualifying, and most people seem to agree with me. The players just seem like they don't give a f*ck.

If I was Capello I would get rid of the players who don't give 110% for their country and replace them with young, hungry players who actually give a damn and will play their heart out for their country. This is why I despise top flight football at the moment, it has become corrupt and i'm glad people have finally caught on to it. Things just aren't the same anymore.

Whilst i agree with the sentiments.....You dont sound very English to me.

Total no-brainer; Saints every time!

Funnily enough I've been thinking about this over the last few days, as I really couldn't care what England do in World Cup qualifying.

How good was watching Euro 2008 without our lot and not having to watch the tripe they serve up before eventually losing dysmally in the quarter finals?!

Agree with the views that they're all overpaid tossers and despite only being 20 remember when people got excited when they got the call up. All that said I can't bring myself not to support England as a matter of national pride.

When it comes down to it I do care more about how Saints do.

This is my view. Saints is my club, and if I had to choose between the two then its Saints all the way. But i'm also a proud Englishman, and regardless of who is out there wearing the shirt I want them to win, purely because I am English, and I want my country to win everything . Some comments on here worry me, people claiming to be English, but hope England lose?? English People who "dont give a toss how England get on"?? FFS people, if you are English then show you are, fair enough the players dont always seem up for it, but if all of us gave up then what have we got left??

This country is going to the dogs as it is, without so called 'Englishmen' turning their backs and willing us to lose at Football.

ENGLISH AND PROUD

This is my view. Saints is my club, and if I had to choose between the two then its Saints all the way. But i'm also a proud Englishman, and regardless of who is out there wearing the shirt I want them to win, purely because I am English, and I want my country to win everything . Some comments on here worry me, people claiming to be English, but hope England lose?? English People who "dont give a toss how England get on"?? FFS people, if you are English then show you are, fair enough the players dont always seem up for it, but if all of us gave up then what have we got left??

This country is going to the dogs as it is, without so called 'Englishmen' turning their backs and willing us to lose at Football.

ENGLISH AND PROUD

I'm currently enjoying the exploits of the re-vitalised ENGLAND cricket team.

You can keep the bunch of w4nkers that pull on the football jersey though.

What he said with bells on.....

I'm 1/4 English, 1/4 Scottish, 1/4 Irish (Rep) and 1/4 Swedish, and the only national team out of those who I don't follow and support is England. The whole team consists of overpaid primadonnas who just don't seem to give a toss that they're playing for their country.

I support Scotland primarily, and this is because the Scottish players play with passion. This was evident when they nearly qualified for Euro 2008 ahead of one of the World Cup finalists (and they probably would've qualified had there not been some dodgy refereeing in the final game against Italy). Most players in the Scottish national team have come up through the ranks at their clubs and stuck with that club rather than rejecting contracts and moving around willy nilly like most prem players do nowadays for ridiculous sums of money (James Milner anyone?). I know that there are some highly valued and paid members of the Scotland squad (Barry Ferguson and Darren Fletcher) but the players seem genuinely delighted to be in the squad in the first place, like Kirk Broadfoot, who upon being called into GB's squad to face Macedonia cancelled a holiday to train with the squad. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7595537.stm).

When the players pull on a Scotland shirt they seem proud. When the England players pull on their shirts they seem to be thinking about their wallets. England have some of the most talented footballers in the world in their national team, and they failed to qualify for the Euro championships this year. Whether you put that down to Steve McLaren or the players lack of enthusiasm, it's still appalling. I was in a very crowded pub in London with some people I was working with on work experience when England were playing their final game of the qualifying, and most people seem to agree with me. The players just seem like they don't give a f*ck.

If I was Capello I would get rid of the players who don't give 110% for their country and replace them with young, hungry players who actually give a damn and will play their heart out for their country. This is why I despise top flight football at the moment, it has become corrupt and i'm glad people have finally caught on to it. Things just aren't the same anymore.

What he said as well............with bells on

I'd rather Saints beat QPR on Sunday than England win a world cup.

That pretty much sums up my view too Andy. I've always been slightly ashamed that the national team are only of the slightest interest to me compared to SFC's fortunes but I'm glad to see that many on here seem to agree.

I seem to have spent 20 years watching lacklustre, dull, predictable performances from players who embarass their country with their incompetence - preceeded by "we'll make it up to the fans this time" and proceeded by pathetic excuses.

Add on the point that there are skates in the side and I will probably watch Scottish Andy Murray playing tennis to be honest.

As mentioned elsewhere, I think it is largely JCLs who watch England now and a long while since our over-paid laughably called "world class" players gave a fxxk so why should I/we?

I find it strangely odd that England's success or failure, largely mirrors Saints. When we are doing well, so are England, when we are doing badly, so are England. And I think this is represented on here that people (some) prefer to get behind Saints after last years lack luster performances than get behind England after theirs. There appears to be many parallels and people seem happier to deny or turn their back on their Nationality rather than their local team.

As a footballer, many of those 'men' that wear the shirt, were boys once, running round a field with their mates, all fighting over who was going to be Gazza or who was going to be Waddle or Hoddle, Lineaker was always the goal hanger and so on. Those boys also had dreams of playing for their country and wearing the 3 Lions. But, what happened? Sure, you can blame money, lack of desire, lack of ability, but really, are these substantial 'excuses' to under perform again and again? Surely, they have enough money to make International appearances nothing more than a little bonus, they want to be in the England team as a matter of pride, just look at the reactions of Owen being left out and those of Bullard being included. These are not the reactions of 'men' that don't care, they are the reactions of red-blooded Englishmen, wanting to play at the pinnacle of football. Ability, we know they have the ability, we know they can play well, so where do those that hate England so much, get their venom from? From the constant poor results, year in, year out!

Wembly has been rebuilt to house the most historically famous football team in the World. Let's not forget, we gifted this great game to the planet. England even refused to enter the 1st and 2nd (I think) World Cups because we were far too good to compete with everybody else, no need to prove it! Then, when we did 'join in' we were soundly beaten and these 'boys' from Brazil (who Saints gave football to) and the rest of the South American Nations, were playing football, our game, like an art form, a display of skill and panache that we could only dream of. To top it off, the Eastern Europeans, who were, let's face it, seen as the backward lot of Europe, 'kicked our butts' at Wembly, our home! And to lay that final boot in, ze Germans became one of the Greatest footballing nations in the World, winning more and more World cups, and yet, it was us who beat 'them' in the war!

So where does this leave us, it leaves us exactly where we were over 60 years ago, believing that we are better than we actually are. Believing that in order to beat the rest, all we have to do is reproduce that English league mentality and desire and we will wipe the floor with anyone, right!? Wrong! What we see as great entertaining fast flowing football is the fastest and easiest way to lose the ball and not see it again for 20 mins. Chasing our ars*s round a field for that time, getting tired and exhausted, so that when we do actually get the ball, we're too exhausted to make a 5 yard pass!

Over all these years, teams have learnt to treat the ball like the most cherished possession in the World. They play with pride because they believe that the ball is 'theirs'! Their country owns the ball, and it's more like a game of chess or a strategic war in order to maneuver your players around the enemy, with that prized possession and the ecstasy of release when you stick it in the opponents net! They don't like it up 'em, they really don't.

In order for England to compete at International level, we have to learn to treat the ball with respect, wear the shirt with pride and not treat our opponents with so much contempt. I pray that Coppello can give us this, if he can't, nobody can. But, if we do learn to play the International way under Coppello, then future England (english) managers can add a flavour of England to our style. Notice how even Andorra will pass the ball around today, even the worst footballing nations in the World know they have to keep the football at this level! And defend with honour and in formation and to the death to prevent the other team from scoring.

Currently, I am in Istanbul, and if anyone was to write what some of you guys have written against the 'National' anything, well, I think you'll be exposed, hounded out and beaten to an inch of your life. However, 10 or 15 years ago, it was a different matter, Turkey were often roasted by other National teams and their supporters weren't quite as vocal as they are now. But, they never questioned the players desire, just understood their wanting ability and their lack of experience.

And isn't this where the England team (other than in 1966) have always been? We believe we are the best, we believe we have the ability and yet we blame it on desire that we don't win? RUBBISH I say, we don't win enough, because we're not good enough and we NEVER will be whilst we as fans and the media demand results BECAUSE we are England. We have never learned how to play 'International' football but our expectations are that we should win every game! And when we don't win, we don't blame our ability (cause we could always have selected someone better and therefore blame the manager and the players), or our experience (because we invented football and we won the World Cup once and therefore blame the manager and the players) we balme the manager and the players because they're over paid over hyped desireless, passionless fools who never wanted to play for England as boys, it's just the money.

Well maybe, just maybe, the problem is in OUR attitude and what OUR expectations are, and until we stop expecting to be the best whilst questioning those players who pull on that shirt in their 'desire', we will always be International footballing Wannabe's. Until we find our level, can we improve. Isn't that what Saints are doing now? Are we critical of our players (booing against Blackpool, or after last seasons poor poor display), of course we are. But we can never 'deny' the Saints, because all around us would mock and slate us, and anyway, our pride would never allow us to walk away. BUT because it's England, it's easy to say this stuff and bad mouth other 'men' that are clearly very good players, because it satisfies our blindness that open eyes would see, ENGLAND'S STYLE OF PLAY IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH ON AN INTERNATIONAL STAGE!