Adam Hammil

Tac-tics

Looked useful against us in terms of finding space and time, though I feel that was more our weak defending. Certainly would have had the potential to be useful, wouldn't be suprised if it was just Burley's weak management that ruined him last season.

thought he looked poor for blackpool before going off injured in the game against us. no loss on our behalf imo, would much rather have dyer on the right.

Really? I thought he looked like he had something up his sleeve, just needs the right coach to un lock it and sort his ego out.

Really? I thought he looked like he had something up his sleeve' date=' just needs the right coach to un lock it and sort his ego out.[/quote']

maybe i'd had one beer too many then as i didn't see much of him in the game! he looks too bulky and slow to be an effective winger for me. then again if he's remained at liverpool this long maybe there is talent there waiting to come out.

maybe i'd had one beer too many then as i didn't see much of him in the game! he looks too bulky and slow to be an effective winger for me. then again if he's remained at liverpool this long maybe there is talent there waiting to come out.

dont read too much into it.....he was at dunfirmline, saints and now blackpool...i think it is more of a case that liverpool are loaning him out in hop someone will buy him...

Reckon you had a few beers too many :) He was responsible for nearly everything Blackpool did until he went off injured. And Blackpool had so many chances he must have been doing something right. Just showed to me how incredibly stupid Burley must have been last season to have not got more out of this guy and to have let him get into the state he did with his fitness (Fat Boy he certainly was but he isn't now). Burley has a hell of a lot to answer for as far as last season is concerned, lucky the Jocks came along and took him off our hands otherwise I doubt we would be in this division now.

from what I saw of him last season -all home games he played, pre-season friendlies and last week for Blackpool, he is a poor player at this level.

Bad attitude,

poor end product

slow

unfit

gives the ball away too much

can't cross very well

tries risky play e.g. step overs etc, beyond his ability in his own half

One of the most over-rated poor players for saints in recent years

from what I saw of him last season -all home games he played, pre-season friendlies and last week for Blackpool, he is a poor player at this level.

Bad attitude,

poor end product

slow

unfit

gives the ball away too much

can't cross very well

tries risky play e.g. step overs etc, beyond his ability in his own half

One of the most over-rated poor players for saints in recent years

He saw a lot of the ball last week but the end result was pretty similar to his good games for us - crosses out into touch, losing the ball in the tackle, little pace against a full back etc. IMO he flatters to deceive and while occasionally he might provide a threat, it's rarely sustained or particularly dangerous.

It's a similar situation to Dyer - he's obviously got some talent - but too often basics like crossing into touch, or being beaten in the tackle, let him down when you know he can perform better.

He saw a lot of the ball last week but the end result was pretty similar to his good games for us - crosses out into touch, losing the ball in the tackle, little pace against a full back etc. IMO he flatters to deceive and while occasionally he might provide a threat, it's rarely sustained or particularly dangerous.

It's a similar situation to Dyer - he's obviously got some talent - but too often basics like crossing into touch, or being beaten in the tackle, let him down when you know he can perform better.

Not so sure about the 'bulky' biut - he looked like he'd lost a couple of stone since he was at Saints!

Seriously I don't think he's any better than our own youth even with the weight loss.

Not so sure about the 'bulky' biut - he looked like he'd lost a couple of stone since he was at Saints!

Seriously I don't think he's any better than our own youth even with the weight loss.

I feel for the lad, he was ruined by Burleys terrible management and under the leadership of a better manager he could have flourished for us. I thought he was better than White, Dyer and Holmes on Saturday but that was probably more to do with none of our wide men getting much of the ball.

Didn't deserve the booing he got when he went off injured that's for sure.

I feel for the lad, he was ruined by Burleys terrible management and under the leadership of a better manager he could have flourished for us. I thought he was better than White, Dyer and Holmes on Saturday but that was probably more to do with none of our wide men getting much of the ball.

Reckon you had a few beers too many :) He was responsible for nearly everything Blackpool did until he went off injured. And Blackpool had so many chances he must have been doing something right. Just showed to me how incredibly stupid Burley must have been last season to have not got more out of this guy and to have let him get into the state he did with his fitness (Fat Boy he certainly was but he isn't now). Burley has a hell of a lot to answer for as far as last season is concerned, lucky the Jocks came along and took him off our hands otherwise I doubt we would be in this division now.

Really? Had the ball alot did nothing with it. tackled every time he had the ball in a dangerous position because of his stupid need to step over everytime he attacked. Couldnt see anything about him Id want in our team :-)

Really? Had the ball alot did nothing with it. tackled every time he had the ball in a dangerous position because of his stupid need to step over everytime he attacked. Couldnt see anything about him Id want in our team :-)

He was over hyped when he joined us and overhyped in your assessment saturday IMO.

He was poor saturday and he was deservedly dropped under GB.

If he was a free transfer that would be too much

I never forget watching him on tv during the Rovers Cup debacle. The camera flashed to his face as he was getting ready to come on as a sub and for a moment I genuinely thought Dodd and Gorman were bringing on a fan from the crowd, he looked so fat.

No; at least two - I thought he showed James up at RB. Hammil was clearly fitter than previously and looked dangerous until injured. The reflection on Burley's Management is hard to miss.
Thats the good thing about football different opinions.

Hammil was not a threat against us in fact he was very poor his control was average his crossing too long and his shooting.....well

Thats the good thing about football different opinions.

Hammil was not a threat against us in fact he was very poor his control was average his crossing too long and his shooting.....well

although poor....he set up two or three golden chances for them...one especially when he crossed it from the by line and for some reason, their player at the back stick appeared to be stuck in two minds, shoot or pull it back...he did neither..

I think that highlights how bad we were at the back more so than how good hammill was..