Alternatives to mobileMe?

swannymere

My mobileMe account is due for renewal next month but it's £60, i have better things to be spending £60 on, cases of wine spring to mind. Is anyone using anything different with their iPhone that pushes mail through to the phone that is cheaper, better or easier?

My mobileMe account is due for renewal next month but it's £60, i have better things to be spending £60 on, cases of wine spring to mind. Is anyone using anything different with their iPhone that pushes mail through to the phone that is cheaper, better or easier?

I use izymail, it's about £12 a year any fairly easy to set up. If I can do it then anyone can! It pushes mail to iPhone. You can try it for free but limits content after a few mails. Just google Izymail for info.

I also use mbox mail app £5-6 in app store but does not push, it looks a lot better than the standard email function on iPhone.

I use outlook 2007 for calender sync, Hope this helps.

If that is ALL you use MobileMe for than of course there are alternatives.

I use an iPhone, MacBook and MacMini and everything I need synchronised is, through MobileMe.

The few things that are not done through MobileMe are done through Dropbox, which is free.

Apparently there is a prize up for grabs of £500k to anyone who comes up with a exact copy of all the features mobile me offers and offer it free of charge. However this has been running for just over a year (it was also looking at the .mac stuff before it changed). Unfortunately there is nothing else that comes close to what mobile me offers so I have to keep paying my subscription until something comes along

Like Hugh, I have various devices synchronised using MobileMe - 2 MacBooks, a MacMini, and 2 iPhones - as well as having my sister's family MacMini on my family pack subscription.

If you utilise anything close to the full capabilities if MobileMe, then there's nothing to compare and it's a bargain for what you get IMO. Synchronisation of all of each user's bookmarks, mail, contacts, etc across all devices, Photo Galleries for displaying/ downloading / uploading / sharing photos, shared calendars, iDisk for file sharing, webspace, 5 email adresses each etc etc.

I'm not really surprised that nobody can come up with anything as good, let alone free.