Laptop/Mouse Problem

saint_stevo

Right.....

I have a Acer Travelmate C320 Tablet (XP) connected to a monitor with USB Keyboard and Mouse attached.

Every time i close the monitor the use the laptop in a desktop fashion, the mouse wanders around and sits about 3 inches down and 3 from the right of the screen, each time you move the mouse it goes back to this point. Open the lid and it works fine, close the lid, problem persists.

I have tied putting a piece of paper over the touchpad in case its that, but it doesnt seem to be as i have the touchpad icon in the taskbar which shows if it is being used, and it isnt.

Confused.....Help?

Daft question Stevo, but have your tried unplugging the USB mouse, closing the lid and then plugging it in?

Yep tried that, does the same!

That's f*cking weird if it still does it with the touchpad disabled!! Tried a different USB mouse?

Weirder still, disabled touchpad, removed USB mouse, closed lid.....curser still wanders across the screen!

Tried several mice etc as well. Pants.

Seems that way, it is set to 'do nothing' upon closing the lid tho

You mention is a "tablet" lappy, so I guess it is one of the the ones that have the rotating screen. What technology is the tablet part, true touch screen?

I know this sounds daft, but I have seen this once on laptop before and got rid of it doing it by setting all the power settings in control panel to never. Dont ask me why. But like above I would have though disabling the touhcpad etc would have solved it!

Is there a bios upgrade or anything for these?

I know this sounds daft, but I have seen this once on laptop before and got rid of it doing it by setting all the power settings in control panel to never. Dont ask me why. But like above I would have though disabling the touhcpad etc would have solved it!

Is there a bios upgrade or anything for these?

Running the latest BIOS apparently, just about managed to load SP3, made no odds. Power is set to always on for all.

I'm reaching for those restore disks as we speak....