Daily Echo - LALLANA Fulham bid rejected...SPURS INTEREST TOO

exit2

I guess all those who post on here are regular supporters who are committed to Saints and thus have something to say. If we continue to get gates of 14/15K as we have for the last 2 games, of course we shall have to sell assets to survive. That is the plain economic fact

of the commercial world, so do not put all the blame on Rupes in his current tenure, the stay away fans must shoulder some of the blame if Lallana goes.

why is he wrong. To a degree the lack of finance through the gate means we are more likely to sell, although I beleive if we had gates of 25k and we get the opportunity to get %M for him he is a goner.

hahahaha. What bolllocks.

Here's all you Luvvies arguing that Andrew Davies left for the draw of PL football (and not because Lowe pushed him), but yet we're supposed to believe that if a couple thousand more of us turned up, Adam Lallana would even consider turning his back on Tottenham Hotspur....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Here's all you Luvvies arguing that Andrew Davies left for the draw of PL football (and not because Lowe pushed him), but yet we're supposed to believe that if a couple thousand more of us turned up, Adam Lallana would even consider turning his back on Tottenham Hotspur....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

To be fair Alps if the gates were 25,000 or above the club has more reason to tell other teams to get stuffed. With not so much revenue coming in the clubo will look at its assets as a way to ballence the books.

Attention from Prem clubs will always turn the heads of young kids at any team and we are no different.

The 2 scenarios I can see are:

Club is skint + Prem interest = Kid gone

Financially OK + Prem interest = Kid might go

In all honestly I think we will find it difficult to keep hold of any player that gets prem interest but what worries me is how easy a decission it will be for the club to let people go.

As it seems its dimwit hour and you are allowed on where was it discussed whether Lallana wouldn't want to go?

Agree with Alpine. The sale of Lallana, if, and when it happens, will be a continuing trend of desperate selling of our most marketable players to cover the abysmal running of the club - the dip in attendances is a convenient alibi. The selling of players like Lallana is likely to result in more crowd absentee such is the vicious circularity of the trend of fire-selling.

I guess all those who post on here are regular supporters who are committed to Saints and thus have something to say. If we continue to get gates of 14/15K as we have for the last 2 games, of course we shall have to sell assets to survive. That is the plain economic fact

of the commercial world, so do not put all the blame on Rupes in his current tenure, the stay away fans must shoulder some of the blame if Lallana goes.

Moral blackmail will not work, it needs the club to get its act together, improve results and the supporters will return. In these difficult economic times, people EXPECT value for money when looking to spend their disposable income.

Lowe, Wilde etc and SLH have no devine call on anyones money or how its spent. Who throws good money around on substandard products. It should do what it says on the tin.

Moral blackmail will not work, it needs the club to get its act together, improve results and the supporters will return. In these difficult economic times, people EXPECT value for money when looking to spend their disposable income.

Lowe, Wilde etc and SLH have no devine call on anyones money or how its spent. Who throws good money around on substandard products. It should do what it says on the tin.

You and Roony are right though.

Results improve and the gates will improve but if the playing staff is further effected by the lack of revenue there is less chance the results will improve which will result in even lower gates.

no easy fix. Either the team start winning fast or we will continue to sink.

That is like asking us to go to the cinema and watch the same old bad movie time and time again because the studio that made it is hard up.

Despite the hard core support, football is still an entertainment business and some, believe it or not, want to see a decent game of footy accompanied by a good result now and again! The powers that be at any football club know this and will market the club accordingly. Regularily field a team that cannot sustain reasonable results along with entertainment value and the crowd numbers are bound to drop.

To blame it on the stay away fans is so wide of the mark. The fans at sfc have witnessed and suffered a bunch of tw*ts turning this club into an utter shambles over the last few years, not just Lowe, all of them, so much so that I am surprised we are even getting 14,000 atm.

As it seems its dimwit hour and you are allowed on where was it discussed whether Lallana wouldn't want to go?

Don't think he would have any say in it.

Has anybody given any thought that the services of an agent might have been employed to plant the story in a national newspaper in order to whip up some interest for a player the club wants to sell to bring in some income?

Not that that sort of thing ever happens, of course.

Has anybody given any thought that the services of an agent might have been employed to plant the story in a national newspaper in order to whip up some interest for a player the club wants to sell to bring in some income?

he ould have some say, ie Davis turned his phone off and couldnt be contacted so he couldnt be sold. Others like Kenwynne refused to play so they do have a say. If the club wants to sell, or the agent wants a player to move invaribly it happens if there is interest.

To be fair Alps if the gates were 25,000 or above the club has more reason to tell other teams to get stuffed. With not so much revenue coming in the clubo will look at its assets as a way to ballence the books.

Attention from Prem clubs will always turn the heads of young kids at any team and we are no different.

The 2 scenarios I can see are:

Club is skint + Prem interest = Kid gone

Financially OK + Prem interest = Kid might go

In all honestly I think we will find it difficult to keep hold of any player that gets prem interest but what worries me is how easy a decission it will be for the club to let people go.

Club is skint + Prem interest = Kid gone for peanuts

Financially OK + Prem interest = Kid goes for serious money or not at all

Spurs are a joke, they'll be in the Championship next season, same as us.

Without Berbatov,Keane and Defoe they are nothing.

Bale says they're already pushing the panic button at all levels, Ramos will jump ship and they'll be right up sh!ti creek. l I would have thought that Rebrov would have immunised them for ever against one tournament wonder russians, seems they like learning the painful way. Still mustn't grumble, couldn't happen to a bigger heap of crap.

Spoken like a veteran cynic