So much for the board selling our players

Thedelldays

No, he was going to be selling/loaning our most highly paid players.

Rasiak, Saga, Davies, Viafara all gone -- and Euell, Skacel, BWP would have gone for a decent offer, and may still go on loan.

Personally I would have kept Greg over Stern, and told Stoke they'd got enough of our former players already when they came in for Davies (they re-signed Higgi today as well and maybe they'll take Kelvin on loan).

But we have no money and aren't in a position to argue. And btw my Spurs supporting mate says he'd rather have kept Pekhart than brought in Fraizer Campbell for 7 mill.

Let's just pray he's right.

Edited by LaptopSaint
spelling fraizer

Unless Radio Solent was right about an appearance fee, maybe we will see Skacel back in the squad, but its an open question whether he's better than what we already have. We need to hope that the board had factored in the possibility of the transfers out not happening when they agreed the 3 loans.

Sad for Skacel though, as his career has definitely stalled, after looking so promising not so long ago. Maybe he has an incentive now to extractum digitatum.

Barclays will not be happy!

More cuts on the way then?

How can you possibly know that? AS much as I hate Rupert and Wilde they're not idiots when it comes to finances. When they sat down with Barclays and thrashed out a deal there would have been a clear re-payment stucture put in place. We are obviously meeting that or there is no way we would even be contemplating bringing in new players without at least raising some revenue first.

I would suggest Barclays are quite happy in fact.

No, he was going to be selling/loaning our most highly paid players.

Rasiak, Saga, Davies, Viafara all gone -- and Euell, Skacel, BWP would have gone for a decent offer, and may still go on loan.

Personally I would have kept Greg over Stern, and told Stoke they'd got enough of our former players already when they came in for Davies (they re-signed Higgi today as well and maybe they'll take Kelvin on loan).

But we have no money and aren't in a position to argue. And btw my Spurs supporting mate says he'd rather have kept Pekhart than brought in Fraizer Campbell for 7 mill.

Let's just pray he's right.

Campbell is only on loan at Spurs for the season.

Unless teams want to buy the likes of Skacel, Euell etc then they won't be leaving. The trouble being that these players are on massive wages for the championship and the only clubs likely to be interested are our divisional rivals who can't afford the wages they are on unless the take a big pay cut ( which Skacel wouldn't do to join Ipswich).

....I thought Lowe and co were supposed to be selling our best players in this transfer window....isnt that was the "expert predictors" told us??

oh well, just have 4 months of telling us how he will sell every one in January then I guess..

We didn't have many left to sell if you hadn't noticed as they've been moved on already.

Other than KD it seems the only players left from last years under-performing team that appear to not be in favour are BWP, Euell and Skacel. None of which are featuring and it is therefore reasonable to beleive that SFC are trying their very best to move them on. You can't sell something if there are no buyers.

Skacel seems to be a prime example. SFC tried their best to shift him to Ipswich who offered him 6K per week (if we are to beleive the information coming out) whereas he's on 12K+ (again if we are to beleive what we hear). Hardly surprising he wouldn't go eh.

Don't forgot the loan window opens in a weeks time.

as Greenridge says the loan window opens and then some more will go.The loan market is becoming a big part in football. More and more deals seem to be test it and see.

Selling the middle range players is going to become harder with only the cream worth massive fees.

How can you possibly know that? AS much as I hate Rupert and Wilde they're not idiots when it comes to finances. When they sat down with Barclays and thrashed out a deal there would have been a clear re-payment stucture put in place. We are obviously meeting that or there is no way we would even be contemplating bringing in new players without at least raising some revenue first.

How can you possibly know that?

I really and genuinely hope that is correct.

Unless teams want to buy the likes of Skacel, Euell etc then they won't be leaving. The trouble being that these players are on massive wages for the championship and the only clubs likely to be interested are our divisional rivals who can't afford the wages they are on unless the take a big pay cut ( which Skacel wouldn't do to join Ipswich).

The logic doesn't QUITE work.

I am certain we would have preferred to sell them. I do however expect us to loan them out. IF nobody takes them in the early days of the loan window then I am sure that we will let them go and we will pay some percantage of their wages.

After all IF they are on say 10k a week plus appearance and win/goal/assist bonuses, we would still save substantial amounts of money even IF we pay say 30% of their base salary

At the moment we HAVE to remember that this season is about financial AND football survival. Both are linked and it is a delicate balancing act.

My guess is that the catch-22 of 15,000 fans will make the decision easy enough, not enough money to pay all the wages vs the HOPE that fans will return.

You cannot, unfortunately, eat hope, you need money to eat. The longer you can eat the better the chance that "rescue" will come. But of course without hope do you NEED to eat? Tough call

Maybe no bugger wants them, TDD ???
That could be right.I suspect there would be many takers but we signed them on too high wages and others are not so foolish,especially at present market conditions.

Ipswich were still after Rudi and JE is being courted by Sheff Utd.

Lets look at the high earners still at SMS: John, Skacel, Euell, BWP and Thomas. I would hazzard a guess that they are costing about £2.1m in wages plus insurance, pension and NIC.

John still appears to have a part to play and with Rasiak and Saga on loan I am sure the club see that.

Thomas is cover but it is pretty well rumoured he has been told he can go.

Skacel, Euell (now injured) and BWP do not appear to have a role. So we are probably wasting about £1m a year on keeping them

As the Window has closed and no one wants them because of their wages what is to stop them going out on loan when that period opens in two weeks. The same wage problem? Well lets say they are put out there with Saints contributing 50% wages for the loan duration.

Could at least save us £0.5m.?

Just a thought!

....I thought Lowe and co were supposed to be selling our best players in this transfer window....isnt that was the "expert predictors" told us??

oh well, just have 4 months of telling us how he will sell every one in January then I guess..

Do you consider it better then that players like Skacel and Euell are still here with no chance of playing and still costing us full wages? Not quite sure who you are considering to be our 'best players' unless it is the likes of Andrew Davies who you may note is now playing for someone else.

Lets look at the high earners still at SMS: John, Skacel, Euell, BWP and Thomas. I would hazzard a guess that they are costing about £2.1m in wages plus insurance, pension and NIC.

John still appears to have a part to play and with Rasiak and Saga on loan I am sure the club see that.

Thomas is cover but it is pretty well rumoured he has been told he can go.

Skacel, Euell (now injured) and BWP do not appear to have a role. So we are probably wasting about £1m a year on keeping them

As the Window has closed and no one wants them because of their wages what is to stop them going out on loan when that period opens in two weeks. The same wage problem? Well lets say they are put out there with Saints contributing 50% wages for the loan duration.

Could at least save us £0.5m.?

Just a thought!

Been saying that for weeks:-)