Why is Skacel not being played?

eelpie

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/i/ipswich_town/7596068.stm

Ipswich very nearly signed someone on deadline day - could have been Skacel, which would explain his non involvement I guess.

Late Ipswich bid foiled - Bowden

_44936353_ipswich_226.gif

Ipswich Town have admitted loan striker Jon Stead should have been joined by another new face at Portman Road on transfer deadline day.

Chief executive Derek Bowden said a deal for a second player collapsed just hours before the window closed.

He told the club's website: "We had been tracking a player for some time and it looked like there would be some movement at his club." Bowden remains optimistic that a loan signing can be made next week. He added: "It's about bringing in the right players for the right money, both in terms of fees and wages, so we're quite careful about about how we spend the money."

Sounds like Rupes is holding out for a better deal in January then.....? i.e. loan him out to Ipswich for now, thus still getting him off the wage bill, and then sit back whilst his value escalates after a good run in their team....

Shrewd

Sounds like Rupes is holding out for a better deal in January then.....? i.e. loan him out to Ipswich for now, thus still getting him off the wage bill, and then sit back whilst his value escalates after a good run in their team....

Shrewd

Funnily enough I have just seen this story on the BBC website and immediately thought it related to Skacel too.....

He looked quite good at LM for Hertha, however they were not prepared to pay our price, even though they were keen to sign him. Maybe another loan when he is fit. That is if the loan window applies to Europe.

Is it a case of SFC asking for too a big a transfer fee or the player demanding a unrealistic wage ? - I suspect the latter .

You can't blame a player (or more likely his agent) for looking after his own interest but this situation is highly unsatisfactory for both parties . We can't afford to keep him , he'd rather sit on his contract before taking a pay cut - such is modern football . :(