Why is Skacel not being played?

eelpie

Ok - I know the unhelpful knee-jerk response from some will be 'because he's crap/**** etc', but I don't believe he is. I rate Skacel as a very versatile and experienced skilled, creative central left player, who is a better left back than Surman and better in midfield than either the promising Schneiderlin and certainly Gillett (who had a terrible day on Saturday).

I would like to see him play in midfield instead of Gillett behind MCG. He would slot in well between Surman and Holmes, and bolster both defence and attack. His past records of assists have been pretty good and he should be able to fit into the new style and score a few. We seriously need experience in midfield as Saturday's second half showed. We already have it in Skacel. So why doesn't Poortvliet play him?

Ok - I know the unhelpful knee-jerk response from some will be 'because he's crap/**** etc', but I don't believe he is. I rate Skacel as a very versatile and experienced skilled, creative central left player, who is a better left back than Surman and better in midfield than either the promising Schneiderlin and certainly Gillett (who had a terrible day on Saturday).

I would like to see him play in midfield instead of Gillett behind MCG. He would slot in well between Surman and Holmes, and bolster both defence and attack. His past records of assists have been pretty good and he should be able to fit into the new style and score a few. We seriously need experience in midfield as Saturday's second half showed. We already have it in Skacel. So why doesn't Poortvliet play him?

Gillett is a holding midfielder and Lallana plays behind Mcg!

Why on earth would you want Skacel playing in place of Gillett? The only way I could see Skacel getting a game for us with everyone fit would be in the hole with Lallana on the right.

I hope he leaves tonight tbh and i'm quite sure he will. He never lived up to the hype and unfit players really get on my tits. Holmes is a better player and unlike Skacel is still running after 90 giving everything.

Skacel doesnt want to play for us and will probably be gone by midnight tonight, or shortly afterwards somewhere on loan.

Also, he is a left midfielder/forward so why would you play him in centre midfield? (Yet people moan about others in their wrong positions).

Did he tell you that personally?

The last time i spoke to him (after CL testamonial) he said he wants to play here.

Did he tell you that personally?

The last time i spoke to him (after CL testamonial) he said he wants to play here.

Well he personally requested to leave in January and in the pre season games he played he didnt seem to give a ****.

If you want to believe otherwise then do, but I quietly confident Im right!

Would much rather keep Euell than Skacel, he at least always gives 100%.

Well he personally requested to leave in January and in the pre season games he played he didnt seem to give a ****.

Me!!!..I believe nothing until it happens.

If he hates it so much here why didn't he go to Ipswich when he had the chance?

We should play him in the hole, where he was leathal at Hearts. Play Lallana wide right and with Holmes they'll put the willies up most defences.

Got to be a better idea than having White in the team. That's no disrespect intended on Jamie, but on Saturday's showing, he is no where near ready for the first team just yet.

Skacel has been one huge let down from the start.He was one of GB'S inspired signings who has offered very little apart from waving lots.

I would have loved him to do really well but the time has come to get rid of dead wood and it is time to chop RS from the squad.

I'm not sure how having the highest assists and joint highest goals from midfield in our most succesful season in the CCC constitutes a huge let down, but then I am just biased.

We should play him in the hole, where he was leathal at Hearts. Play Lallana wide right and with Holmes they'll put the willies up most defences.

Got to be a better idea than having White in the team. That's no disrespect intended on Jamie, but on Saturday's showing, he is no where near ready for the first team just yet.

Lallana Holmes Skacel Gillet and Schneiderlin would be a fantastic midfield five. I agree again!

This is one of the several combinations that I think would work well..

On last week's showing, Cork would do better in the centre than Gillett, and Skacel would revel between Surman and Holmes. At the back, Thomas was a towering rock on Tuesday against Brum, and would be good support for Killer

- - - - - - - - - Davis - - - - - - - -

- Killer - Thomas - Perry - Surman

- - Schneiderlin - - Cork - - Skacel - -

- - - -Lallana - - - - - - - -Holmes - -

- - - - - - - - McGoldrick - - - - - - -

Bench: Bart, Dyer, Euell, Wotton, Peckart

Skacel isn't going anywhere before January, and he is an asset we should use.

From centre left he could easily move into the hole and be devestating.

Edited by eelpie

This is one of the several combinations that I think would work well..

On last week's showing, Cork would do better in the centre than Gillett, and Skacel would revel between Surman and Holmes. At the back, Thomas was a towering rock on Tuesday against Brum, and would be good support for Killer

- - - - - - - - - Davis - - - - - - - -

- Killer - Thomas - Perry - Surman

- - Schneiderlin - - Cork - - Skacel - -

- - - -Lallana - - - - - - - -Holmes - -

- - - - - - - - McGoldrick - - - - - - -

Bench: Bart, Dyer, Euell, Wotton, Peckart

Skacel isn't going anywhere before January, and he is an asset we should use.

I quite like that

is it because once again we are forced to play the full 90 minutes plus additional time every week rather than the maximum of 60 that Skacel can offer?

Seriously we kept him wrapped in cotton wool as we attempted to sell him. When the deal to Ipswich dissappeared he went into the reserves and promptly got injured. Once "fit" he will go back into the reserves to get his match fitness up and then he will have a chance of making the first team. Unless of course we loan him out should someone be interested.

Gillett wasnt terrible on Saturday, he just faded after 30 minutes. Skacel has never played in the CM role for Saints and his time has gone. Would have loved him to re-create his form from Hearts but he never managed it.

Sorry, but he was f_ucking awful. pass completion of no more than 30%, won very little ball and looked way out of his depth.

And this is where the manager starts to earn his corn.

We still have a number of players on our books who were told they were surplus to requirements and who were being actively touted around for sale.

One would imagine that as a result they're not the most motivated of players and could well have a damaging effect on team morale.

So the options are:

a) try and bring them back into the fold, hoping their lack of motivation doesn't rub off on others.

b) marginalise them and accept they are a drain on resources, but their sidelining is for the greater good of the team.

c) try and loan them out over the next couple of months.

d) come to a compromise agreement and settle some of their outstanding contract and let them leave as out of contract players.

e) any other options.

We still have a number of players on our books who were told they were surplus to requirements and who were being actively touted around for sale.

One would imagine that as a result they're not the most motivated of players and could well have a damaging effect on team morale.

So the options are:

a) try and bring them back into the fold, hoping their lack of motivation doesn't rub off on others.

b) marginalise them and accept they are a drain on resources, but their sidelining is for the greater good of the team.

d) come to a compromise agreement and settle some of their outstanding contract and let them leave as out of contract players.

e) any other options.

If the appearnce fee thing is true, and we cannot shift him, then the obvious thing to do is to renegotiate with him a much lower appearance fee.

Skacel would be better off getting, say, £500 per match rather than £0 for rotting in the reserves.

I for one think he's a good player, and I reckon JP can get him fit and motivated.

If the appearnce fee thing is true, and we cannot shift him, then the obvious thing to do is to renegotiate with him a much lower appearance fee.

Skacel would be better off getting, say, £500 per match rather than £0 for rotting in the reserves.

I for one think he's a good player, and I reckon JP can get him fit and motivated.

We've probably tried, he's obviously not having any of it.

If it was that easy even our board could manage it couldn't they?

No player will take a wage cut in our day and age. Skacel wants "first class football". He wants us to give him away, no fee,no strings.We obviously aren't

in agreement. We paid a lot of money for him, we want something back that's all.

This was exactly my thoughts as it goes...

When he first arrived all the talk was how we were playing him out of position on the left and how he should be played in the hole...now we're playing a formation that would allow it and people are saying he should be played left midfield...is confusing me...

Also there's no way i would want to take either Schneiderlin or Gillett out of those two centre midfield positions...has been the real discovery of the season as far as i'm concerned...

I have always believed if he could get really match fit he would be great for the side.

You may be right about the support striker role, in the hole but is Lallana a winger.

I suppose they should be good enough to mix and match interchanging through the game.

Skacel is injured now but if he wants it let us hope he gets really fit and gives JP the headache of choice. Probably right about young White a few appearances from the bench and gradual integration to the side.

So the options are:

e) any other options.

The optimistic choice is

f) wait for it to become clear to them that their performances have been sub-standard and therefore put their chances of a move onwards out of the question, and hope they double their effort on the pitch to put themselves in the shop window.

Sadly, I think the realistic choice is b)

The optimistic choice is

f) wait for it to become clear to them that their performances have been sub-standard and therefore put their chances of a move onwards out of the question, and hope they double their effort on the pitch to put themselves in the shop window.

Sadly, I think the realistic choice is b)

In any other walk of life, it's the manager's job to get the best out of his / her employees....

In any other walk of life, it's the manager's job to get the best out of his / her employees....
This is true in business, but in football there are only 11 places in the team and a generally accepted view that chopping and changing the first 11 does not produce the best results. With a squad of 30, I don't think Weston would recommend them all having a turn on a rota basis. If the manager decides that Rudi is first choice, or there are injuries, etc., I'm sure he'll be picked, but until then, the Rudi fans will have to be patient. If he does get in the side, it will then be up to him to hold the shirt, which is usually the way it works in football.

Of course, the manager may be getting the best out of Rudi by not playing him, so that when he does get a game he will know its on merit, not reputation.