Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

As a number of people here predicted, they are a shambles at board level with Chairman Ian McInnes admitting to boardroom infighting...

http://www.expressfm.com/local/podcasts/the-football-hour-933450/

The explanation of why Whittingham did the pre-match press conference for the Southend game on the day he was sacked is laughably tinpot.

The inmates are running the asylum...

Inmates-Running-the-Asylum1.jpg

Truely cringe worthy listening to that.

Champagne Ian talking about Jervis not being paid and not able to sign and then whining about having to pay players circa £7m who have not been at the club for years, well it is only what they are owed as they were NOT PAID by Portsmouth FC several times!

The old chestnut about teams raising their game when they play at Fatpipes Park, do they really still believe that Portsmyth?

Really came across as a small time charlie trying to play a big boys game.

They don't care how far they have to go back until they find a victory do they!

As a point of reference, in the intervening 30 years since Portsmouth last beat Newport, Newport have been relegated twice, liquidated, reformed in the Hellenic League, been promoted another 5 times (and relegated another once more) and taken 21 years to return to the Football League.

Truely cringe worthy listening to that.

Champagne Ian talking about Jervis not being paid and not able to sign and then whining about having to pay players circa £7m who have not been at the club for years, well it is only what they are owed as they were NOT PAID by Portsmouth FC several times!

The old chestnut about teams raising their game when they play at Fatpipes Park, do they really still believe that Portsmyth?

Really came across as a small time charlie trying to play a big boys game.

This is Nutjob Gold. How low-rent are they talking about how they binned Guy? Safe to assume there is no NDA in place, can't wait until Guy's last pay cheque is through.

This is Nutjob Gold. How low-rent are they talking about how they binned Guy? Safe to assume there is no NDA in place, can't wait until Guy's last pay cheque is through.

I wouldn't laugh too much just yet. By some accounts, Corporal Clot gave up his contractual entitlements when he walked away. If true, a noble gesture. Credit where its due. there's plenty of other stuff to laugh about without making things up.

Trust you to know! :-)

PS: Will you be swelling the crowd at FP?

Yeah, having checked the cost of getting to Newcastle and back for the Saints match on the same day I'll be heading for Fratton.

It will be my... 10th visit to the sh111t-tip, I have previously seen 6 other away sides there, mostly my student housemates' teams.

There doesn't seem to be any way of doing this without giving them money, unfortunately.

I wouldn't laugh too much just yet. By some accounts, Corporal Clot gave up his contractual entitlements when he walked away. If true, a noble gesture. Credit where its due. there's plenty of other stuff to laugh about without making things up.

Very noble. My point is that he isn't going to sit in his hands whilst these two jokers go on local radio and criticise him and happily give a blow by blow account of how he begged to keep his job.

One assumes he is owed something, he'd be mad to comment until he has received that.

Very noble. My point is that he isn't going to sit in his hands whilst these two jokers go on local radio and criticise him and happily give a blow by blow account of how he begged to keep his job.

One assumes he is owed something, he'd be mad to comment until he has received that.

Considering he (allegedly) voluntarily walked away from his contractual entitlements (i.e. the rest of his term of contract) I'm a bit lost where you're going with this. Unless you're referring to his last month's pay, I guess. Which, according to Steve Grant, should be around £6K, before tax.

"noble"? Possibly, although my Portsmouth thesaurus also has "realistic", "relieved", "desperate", "resigned (adj)"...

Considering he (allegedly) voluntarily walked away from his contractual entitlements (i.e. the rest of his term of contract) I'm a bit lost where you're going with this. Unless you're referring to his last month's pay, I guess. Which, according to Steve Grant, should be around £6K, before tax.

So you don't actually know.... During the interview they allude to the fact he is no longer manager, was sent away to think about it but when he does come back to the football club his role "will PROBABLY not be on an employed basis". Sounds to me he is tending his garden.

Listen from 30:20 to hear for yourself or just continue to keep picking at my posts with unreferenced arguments.

No need to guess, he was on a one year rolling contract. The usual interpretation of this is that he would be due a years notice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22264435

McInnes "We are in a position to pay compensation to our outgoing manager" 39:25

Followed by the bombshell that they are "talking to people in employment". Add tapping up to the charge sheet I reckon.

I'm impressed! You are a true nutjob..

Due to my dual club supporting responsibilities, it's been 2 seasons since Newport had an away game within an hour's drive since they left Salisbury, Havant&Waterlooville and Eastleigh behind in the Conference South. Seeing as I went to see them in Bury from Southampton earlier in the season it would be a bit daft not to roll down to Fratton.

Has nothing to do with my Saintliness for once. ;)

No need to guess, he was on a one year rolling contract. The usual interpretation of this is that he would be due a years notice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22264435

McInnes "We are in a position to pay compensation to our outgoing manager" 39:25

Followed by the bombshell that they are "talking to people in employment". Add tapping up to the charge sheet I reckon.

I thought I was quite clear in saying that I'd heard he'd given up his contractual obligations of payment? That statement is actually quite clever in admitting nothing. In fact, it doesn't say that they've paid him off at all, does it?

Can you explain your number, though please? I assume they you mean to point to a spot in the linked video but the one you link only goes to 4 minutes or so and your 39:25 means little to me. Ta.

I thought I was quite clear in saying that I'd heard he'd given up his contractual obligations of payment? That statement is actually quite clever in admitting nothing. In fact, it doesn't say that they've paid him off at all, does it?

Can you explain your number, though please? I assume they you mean to point to a spot in the linked video but the one you link only goes to 4 minutes or so and your 39:25 means little to me. Ta.

The timings are the Express FM radio show

http://www.expressfm.com/local/podcasts/the-football-hour-933450/

Ta. Just listened to the link.

And following that I'm even more sure my info that Whittingham has walked away from his contract are true, certainly nothing in those words that suggest otherwise.

Edited by The Kraken

So predictable, but the infighting has started already and is gaining pace.

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=525038

They're arguing about a caretaker manager! Although the "jobs for the boys" accusation over there is certainly gaining some momentum.

If they are as upset as they appear why don't they just sell their shares?..............Oh yeh they can't can they :lol::lol::lol:

Due to my dual club supporting responsibilities, it's been 2 seasons since Newport had an away game within an hour's drive since they left Salisbury, Havant&Waterlooville and Eastleigh behind in the Conference South. Seeing as I went to see them in Bury from Southampton earlier in the season it would be a bit daft not to roll down to Fratton.

Has nothing to do with my Saintliness for once. ;)

Still impressed. Must keep an eye open for Maidenhead United (The Magpies) at H&W though.:-)

Those 100+ applications must've been good, if they've had to go an approach another club for a manager.

Wouldn't compensation be involved: you know, money and stuff? Assuming Wilder is interested ( a big assumption in itself) I don't think OUFC need telling that they should get any compensation up front...

Wouldn't compensation be involved: you know, money and stuff? Assuming Wilder is interested ( a big assumption in itself) I don't think OUFC need telling that they should get any compensation up front...

Seems to only be contracted until the end of the season, so about six months - £40K ish if he's on similar to Whittingham.

Seems to only be contracted until the end of the season, so about six months - £40K ish if he's on similar to Whittingham.

Portsmouth aren't allowed to pay any transfer fee for players or compensation for managers until their football debt has been paid off, which won't be for a long time.

It is possible that Wilder may have a clause in his contract that allows him to leave without any compensation needing to be paid. How Pompey found out about such a clause is another question...

@NabilHassan79: #oufc chairman Ian Lenagan: "Portsmouth, who are a failing club, have come in for him (Wilder). Am I concerned about #pompey? Not at all.

A failing club? Looks like it's not just us nutjobs who can see that.

The moribund sleepiest giant ™ stirs in its fetid fatpipe fortress to make another side-splitting attempt on the 'big time'.

They are incapable of knowing when to stop - like the troop of inept custard-covered clowns they truly are, they just want to show the world how a proper clown car falls amusingly apart... again, and again, and again

Correct me if i'm wrong, but despite their point today everyone else's results means they are even closer to the drop zone than before 3pm today. All together now.....

Sha la la la la la la la

They'd be 8 points adrift of safety if the FL had had any Mawhinney balls and given them the deserved -10 points this season, instead of applying it meaninglessly last season. :x

However if they can manage to go down despite that let off, it'll make it even more hilarious for us. And even more painful for the phew. :p

Portsmouth aren't allowed to pay any transfer fee for players or compensation for managers until their football debt has been paid off,

Seems at odds to this website : http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/fc-portsmouth/transfers/verein_1020.html

Although it doesn't mention any specific figures, it does suggest that they have been involved in cash transactions on three occasions this season. Would be interesting to find out if the amount that was due on the 19th November was paid ;)

@NabilHassan79: #oufc chairman Ian Lenagan: "Portsmouth, who are a failing club, have come in for him (Wilder). Am I concerned about #pompey? Not at all.

A failing club? Looks like it's not just us nutjobs who can see that.

Sing it loud brother!!!

Deluded ridiculous club. Oxford have potential, the Skates have a self imposed glass ceiling so conservative it makes a domestic conservatory look ambitious.