Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

You're overworking the logic/maths. If the average is less than 15,000 then that means (broadly) less than half the time do they reach or exceed 15,000. But they are claiming it is "guaranteed", which is to say it is a minimum attendance. That is clearly not true as over half the time they are falling well short of that mark.

Their "guaranteed" in the Championship is probably more like 11,000. The midweek game against Birmingham they only got 12,000 and this is with a fair few from Birmingham, plus the pack the park and cheapey specials.

Hmmmm, just wondering if the 'lifelong season tickets' are included in the attendance figures?

"Same old Pompey..."

@pn_neil_allen: Emergency loan window ends today at 5pm. Appleton hopeful of no-one leaving #Pompey but some coming in. Let's see.......

Oh no, was just checking FB about to respond to a mate's post only to find a reply from one of his friends, a one Neil Allen. Time for a bit of skate baiting me thinks

A genuine LOL coffee over keyboard moment. thanks

Indeed, its hard to imagine the shocked reactions of archaeologists in the 25th century as they begin to uncover the buried remains of FP and its denizens. One can only hope they'll realize that this was an isolated outbreak of mass hysteria and delusional behaviour that was swiftly contained.

Oh no, was just checking FB about to respond to a mate's post only to find a reply from one of his friends, a one Neil Allen. Time for a bit of skate baiting me thinks

Go for it.... :-)

Report back soon with screen shots of the exchange of words.....

I saw on sunday that there were supposed talks with the FL for Celtic to be parachuted into L1 (I would be strongly against this) but would it be due to a certain club leaving the league Lol

Haven't Celtic made an official statement denying this? (which, of course, is something they would do even if they were thinking about it)

Can't quite believe what i'm reading but the firm I work for has been commissioned to design an underwater hotel!

Help us design the hotel of future!

We have just been commissioned to create a brief for a Global Hospitality company, and you can help us... This isn’t just any brief, but a brief to help them realize a Hotel of Future, and in the process [perhaps] change the industry. They have come to us with VERY high expectations, and we want to make sure that we meet them.

**** has been selected for this project because of our innovative thinking, our global reach and our networks. We plan to use all of our assets to their fullest; therefore we are starting by asking the whole of **** to collaborate with us.

We are on the hunt for the best thinking on design, products, services, experiences, community engagement, gadgets, innovations, materials, etc. that YOU have. What doodle has been in your notebook that you wish could be real? What does it take to create a truly sustainable hotel experience? Have you seen one? Experienced one? What is something you worked on for a project that would be a MUST HAVE for this project?

Tell us what you think. Tell us of a place you found to be on the right path. Everyone has an opinion…No idea is to big or small…right now anything is possible.

We’ve set up a simple way for you to share your ideas, simply click on the link below and help us shape the future of the hospitality industry.

Published on Thursday 22 March, 2012

Go for it.... :-)

Report back soon with screen shots of the exchange of words.....

Don't know how to upload photos to the forum but he'd commented about a drive to Cov so I put out a small hook and maggot by commenting that I hoped his drive back was a miserable one and that I was looking forward to a couple of weeks.

No response so I took out a bigger hook and am now using ragworm. I asked him if we was embarrassed by wanting the club to sign more players when they can't afford the ones they have and still owe charities, local businesses & the British public.

I still await a bite.

Hmmm

Seeing how we love insane speculation, making 2 + 2 equal 7 (no not in a poopey Accounting way)

We build conspiracies out of the merest sniff of a Tweet.

That link COULD provide the start of a Journey which will actually lead us to THE TRUTH.

How else to describe the Mass Hysteria. The Insane Decisions, The Hallucinations (The Park is Packed), The Self Mutilation (TCWTB), The Delusions (Bestest Fans TM) Heck, even The Owners who didn't exist.

Clearly, they have been the subject of ANOTHER Secret CIA experiment. Obviously it was not Fat in the Pipes, it was an LSD Dispenser

The truth IS out there.

Edited by dubai_phil

@pn_neil_allen: There's a new face out there at #Pompey training - along with Gyepes. Outfield player but don't recognise him.

Sickening, absolutely sickening. Just yesterday (or the day before... dizzy man flu) they were loaning players to clubs in the lower leagues, and this is how they repsond.

Hmmm

Seeing how we love insane speculation, making 2 + 2 equal 7 (no not in a poopey Accounting way)

We build conspiracies out of the merest sniff of a Tweet.

That link COULD provide the start of a Journey which will actually lead us to THE TRUTH.

How else to describe the Mass Hysteria. The Insane Decisions, The Hallucinations (The Park is Packed), The Self Mutilation (TCWTB), The Delusions (Bestest Fans TM) Heck, even The Owners who didn't exist.

Clearly, they have been the subject of ANOTHER Secret CIA experiment. Obviously it was not Fat in the Pipes, it was an LSD Dispenser

The truth IS out there.

Thats all they need, HMRC trying to steal all thier money, PL/FL/FA conspiracies against pompey and instructing the refs to go hard on them (as evidenced by that Al-Faraj style email that were yet to see) - and now they are being drugged via the fat in the pipes!!!

It was the perfect CIA crime, the skates washing the shame off their hands thought it was regular fat in the pipes, but in fact that fat had LSD pouring into the skin

Poor old Chinnys been date raped!

on another note, the skates can win TBH a weeks wages (after his 25% defferal that is)

Shalala

Where have you got that from?

It was actually over 700, for a midweek trip to Hull. Pretty good really considering no-one working a 9-til-5 job in Hampshire could possibly get to the match given the huge distance involved for a 7:45pm kick-off.

You really aren't in a position to question Saints attendance's!

- First game after administration for Saints over 27,000 turn up to St Mary's, for Pompey 16,000 turn up to Fratton Park.

- Last night only 12k vs Birmingham for a game with cheap tickets for schools, 2 for £25 and 4 for £44 ticket deals.

You have been taken in by the media myth's of Pompey's fanbase. It is actually quite appauling. You only need to go back to the 1990's for sub 10k averages at Fratton Park.

If Pompey go down to League One next season they won't get remotely close to the 22,000 average Saints had both seasons in the 3rd tier. Especially with far smaller away crowds from League One teams going to Fratton Park compared to what Championship clubs bring. Pompey will be lucky to break the 10,000 barrier next season in League One.

The only way the attendance debate (in relation to numbers) will ever be settled is when the contributing factors can all be included and are on a like for like basis.

With regards to fervour, noise etc it will always be opinion. The majority of which is in favour of Pompey.

The only way the attendance debate (in relation to numbers) will ever be settled is when the contributing factors can all be included and are on a like for like basis.

With regards to fervour, noise etc it will always be opinion. The majority of which is in favour of Pompey.

I would suggest the total and utter failure to Pack The Park or even sellout against your deadly rivals quells any debate.

There is none so blind as those that will not see.

Que?? Pompey have a lower attendance on every applicable measure. It is true that old fashioned stadiums like FP (and the Dell) tend to generate more noise, due to being closer to the pitch - but the Pompey fans dont create a better atmosphere - unless by that you mean 'fug'.

But does noise generate any financial benefits? is it sellable? is there any tangible gain from it? No, most definately not. So the pompey fans can bang on as much as they like about how passionate and loud they are but in today's business orientated game it means NOTHING if the numbers do not match it.

It kinda compounds the theory that PFC and it's supporters are trapped in a time-warp and from an era long since passed and have no real understanding of football today.

:facepalm:

What a load of bollix.

Fervour = great intensity of feeling or belief.

Where exactly is this fervour? It's certainly not at Fratton Park these days. 12,000 people for an absolute, must win, cup final of a game. Not exactly giving rise to your claims of fervour is it?

Please, feel free to point out to us bed wetting conspiracy theorists where exactly this fervour exists.

Let's face it, all you've got in the fervour stakes is a c[]nt with a bell and a monkey drummer boy in a falling down 70's arena [sic].

Que?? Pompey have a lower attendance on every applicable measure. It is true that old fashioned stadiums like FP (and the Dell) tend to generate more noise, due to being closer to the pitch - but the Pompey fans dont create a better atmosphere - unless by that you mean 'fug'.

I was thinking of away games more rather than home, although now you mention it a quick quote from the commentator at the live coverage a few months ago at FP:

"I have been to more packed stadiums", "I have been to shinier stadiums", "I have been to much nicer stadiums, but I have never, ever, ever been to a louder one"

Many ex players are quoted as saying that the Pompey support is the loudest they have ever played against. Its not just ex players either, Henry, Pires, Warnock, half the inter milan team have all been quoted as saying the Pompey support is good.

I could be wrong, but I dont remember ever reading the same about saints. Happy to be proven wrong though.

A quick look on the Barnsley Forum, Reading forum, Millwall forum will give you an idea of what they thought of the Pompey support.

Regarding numbers, you have the upper hand without a doubt. One day we may have your infrastructure and league position and a comparison may truly be made. I am not holding my breath though!

You talk about 27,000 in admin compared to 17,000 but was it in a falling down stadium?, was it after season ticket holders and loyal fans have been shafted for years? Was it when many find it hard to stomach supporting such appaling actions of previous owners? How many would you have got in the same circumstances? I dont know, and neither do you.

I was thinking of away games more rather than home, although now you mention it a quick quote from the commentator at the live coverage a few months ago at FP:

"I have been to more packed stadiums", "I have been to shinier stadiums", "I have been to much nicer stadiums, but I have never, ever, ever been to a louder one"

Many ex players are quoted as saying that the Pompey support is the loudest they have ever played against. Its not just ex players either, Henry, Pires, Warnock, half the inter milan team have all been quoted as saying the Pompey support is good.

I could be wrong, but I dont remember ever reading the same about saints. Happy to be proven wrong though.

A quick look on the Barnsley Forum, Reading forum, Millwall forum will give you an idea of what they thought of the Pompey support.

Regarding numbers, you have the upper hand without a doubt. One day we may have your infrastructure and league position and a comparison may truly be made. I am not holding my breath though!

You talk about 27,000 in admin compared to 17,000 but was it in a falling down stadium?, was it after season ticket holders and loyal fans have been shafted for years? Was it when many find it hard to stomach supporting such appaling actions of previous owners? How many would you have got in the same circumstances? I dont know, and neither do you.

god, you really believe your own **** don't you?

Do you have any direct quotes from any of these great players or did TCWTB tell you this?

When did you play Inter Milan?

When saints played at the dell, everyone said all those things about saints.. **** ground = passionate fans in the eyes of those who can't be bothered to scratch below the surface

There won't ever be a comparison, because you won't ever build a new stadium and you won't ever have as big support as saints

Edited by COMEONYOUREDS

Thye circumstances were the same in all respects, other than the stadium. Perhaps we should have played all our games after admin at your poor excuse for a ground. You have a tw8t with a bell and his retarded mates, we have a fanbase.

But as you disappear for good, you keep kidding yourselves you are better fans not just than us, but all other UK based clubs. Deluded.

The new faces in training for them today, would i imagine mean others are going out on loan? Can't see them being able to increase the wage bill.

Yesterday, they were trying to offload Varney, back to Blackpool. However, as they too are financially fooked, Blackpool wouldnt agree to buying him at the end of the season come what may.

SIMPLE:

They don't say that about other teams because it is not required. They don't NEED justification, they don't NEED to be constantly told how good they are. We are fans, paying fans ok, but all that is important is the team and the people that run it and frankly, if they have said that, you don't think it insults their own fans just a little?

Basically, those are ignorant, arrogant and rude statements that mock every other club by those so-called names playing up to the crowd they current are in the vacinity of.

The thing is that you have about half your fans in one large end stand that is shaped like a loudspeaker horn. I was in the middle of the west stand at Chelsea for the skates' FA cup tie back in January. Now Stamford Bridge is one of the most soulless, quiet grounds I've been to. All the P*mpey fans were at one end, but you could hardly hear them. Loud? You're 'avin' a larf.

You forget that this is not unique to Skates. A lot of small grounds are known for their noisy atmosphere. Typical example was the Dell. The media were always going on about the Dell, the atmosphere and the affect it had on the big clubs, our record against the top clubs was quite good. It was often quoted in the media that one of the reasons for our longevity in the top league was down to the Dell. Also speak to players of that era and many hated coming to the Dell because of the intense atmosphere and closeness of the fans.

So don't get excited by your own hype.

Yesterday, they were trying to offload Varney, back to Blackpool. However, as they too are financially fooked, Blackpool wouldnt agree to buying him at the end of the season come what may.

No, clubs are beginning to realise they'll be able to get them for free, and unless they really, really want a particular player why bother now.

just wondering where the 250000 on Southsea common had gone

as a club you chose to pay a fortune in wages for a few seasons of partial glory so the lack of a decent ground is club's choice

Thick skate c*nt.

You can find many quote about pretty much every stadium in the country like that, inc. The Dell, even bloody Highbury which was famous for being "quiet" had it's moments.

Now p*ss off.

No, clubs are beginning to realise they'll be able to get them for free, and unless they really, really want a particular player why bother now.

Exactly. PFC say you can borrow Varney, but insist it is with a pre-arranged deal to buy at the end of the season. They have to do so this because if all their loan players return to the wage bill in the summer they'll be right back where they started, only worse, with no gate receipts coming in.

Meanwhile Blackpool say, hang on, why should we commit ourselves to that? There's a sporting chance that all your players will be free agents if you go bust in the summer, so why on earth shoud we promise you a fee now?

I'm sure Millwall were very impressed with the 150 or so you took to their place earlier in the season...

As for the Henry love in at Fratton, thanks for bringing that up again. One of the most vomit inducing things I've ever witnessed. Your team is getting absolutely humped and you lot were singing/w*nking yourselves into a frenzy over their star player. Utterly cringeworthy, I felt embarrassed for you.

The only way the attendance debate (in relation to numbers) will ever be settled is when the contributing factors can all be included and are on a like for like basis

"Like for like"? In 1987 the skates finally got their long awaited promotion to the top flight. Fratton Park held around 30,000, The Dell about 10,000 less. Average attendance for both clubs that season was around 17,500.

"17,000" yer 'aving a larf...and "shafted for years"? You've just had the best decade in living memory for most of you skate JCLs.

Let's just accept for a minute that a "massive" club like you can only get around 13k home fans because the ground's not very nice (tho' most skates tell me it's a proper old football ground and one you much prefer to a flatpack like SMS) but aren't you even a little surprised that you can't find anymore to part with, what is it £9.50 adult one week, 4 for £44 the next, £1 for kids, in your gravest hour of need? I thought you lot were meant to be "tough working class heroes" (there go my sides) but your grounds a bit rough for you.

Oh dear.

WTFILN.

When we were a league above you, in a run down small shabby old stadium we had higher attendances - despite you having a bigger ground.

When you were two leagues above us you still had lower attendances despite playing the likes of Man Utd whilst we played Carlisle Utd.

If you look at the stats, our hardcore is about a third bigger, our casual support probably even more.

The attendance debate was settled long ago, we won, and without claiming to be the greatest in the world! - it didn't even go to a replay, we just used facts.

Only attendance mentions on here now should be with reference to the cringeworthy claim that Fratton is more intimidating than the likes of Boca, Madrid, Newcastle, Celtic, Galatasaray, or even Liverpool.:lol:

Players praised the few?

Yeah, but only last week Mullins said he was really sad to go while also telling Reading he had his dream move.

Harry said you were the best, then he said Spurs' fans were the best - Grant was heartbroken to leave as well, but confirmed West Ham fans were the greatest the following day - tis called PR.

Scary place to go myth?

Not a single Saints player batted an eyelid at the dirty children and cross-eyed inbreds when we visited the little museum of hate - we're all looking forward to SMS though....big vocal home crowd wanting to witness long-awaited vengeance, possible relegation looming...

Yeah, let's see who gets the jitters that day in an intimidating atmosphere.

So announcing that you are the bestest few is beyond laughable, it's deluded in the extreme, in fact it's mental illness - and the media is now taking the p!ss - look up sarcasm in the dictionary.

Re loans, presumably Appy needs to order more squirrels, bicycles and tents if he intends to take on more players that aren't costing him a penny.

I hope West Brom don't have an injury crisis...

And up next, Coventry youth and reserves V the 3rd or 4th highest paid XI in the division - glad there's a level playing field.

Come on Birchy, let's have some more cashflow news - found any yet?