Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

League 1 , well if they survive the chances of being out of admin or out of admin with a cva must be remote, so they'll start on minus 10 as a minimum. Liquidation has to be the easier route and then AFCPmuff the best option for them, maybe Eddie Mitchell will get ousted from AFCB and pop up at Fartton with his new set of gates he's proposed for Dean Court!

Ahhh, finally someone writes an article on Pini Zahavi and his relationship with the club. He claims they still owe him £2 MILLION. Good luck with that.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2012/mar/20/pini-zahavi-portsmouth?INTCMP=SRCH

(Bah, beaten to it by a few posts)

Ah, FINALLY

Another of the true heroes of the story is recognised by the media.

Good old Pini.

Now, how many pages ago did I go on about him and get ignored?

Do the transfer rules allow for a selling club to:

A) Insist on the move becoming permanent at the end of the season

B) Effectively taking a down payment on the purchase by way of larger than would be expected loan fee's

It looks at the moment that these are sales with payment in installments (some now, the rest at the end of the season once the transfer window opens again) rather than loans and if it is allowed what's the point of closing the transfer window before the loan window?

I'm not sure if this passes the Turkish test but some of you might fancy one for the Derby game:

http://oi40.tinypic.com/2ekt7ur.jpg

feck teh Turkish test... that would be funny as feck - 28000 tax inspectors - singing Sha La la La la la .. ho the feck is laughing now -

Think we could get them to play the Spinal Tap classic 'Gimme some money' over the PA prematch as well?

Scrapping plans after the administrator said it could hamper any purchasing bids. In other words, the ground is the only asset worth fighting over.

I could be reading between the lines incorrectly here (first time for everything), but doesn't this intervention by Birch suggest that a sale of some kind is now more likely than liquidation?

Or, does it make liquidation the more likely outcome as he's trying to protect as many of the assets as he can (as they obviously still have a value once the company has been liquidated)?

I'm probably more confused as to the likely outcome now than I have ever been (which isn't saying much)

Edited by trousers

Whilst on one hand ripping the p!ss out of them at they staggeringly low levels of support, maybe we should credit those who have maybe seen the light and are refusing to pour more of their hard earned money into the bottomless pit whilst in its present guise.

Would you have continued supporting us if we'd somehow spunked away 180 million quid and had numerous hieneous chancers as owners who all make Roops look like our Guardian Angel in so far as trying to keep the Good Ship SS Southampton on an even keel.

So maybe spare a thought for those that are genuinely saddened and ashamed of what has happened to their club, but don't stop laughing at the daft divs who think they are the ones being wronged!!

If they were liquidated, I would imagine it wouldn't just be the council interested in buying the ground. Tesco would probably offer more, which could then go towards paying off creditors. I think Birch is just protecting the creditors.

Absolutely, he is protecting the good man Chinny. He cant have some council bods questioning his valuation of the cesspit, they have to put up (£17m + 24% interest p.a backdated for 2 years), or shut up.

The skates on Pompey Online value nottarf at between £2-4m. My valuation is £2m, about one months wages, and that is for the land plus scrap value of the arena. In my opinion and that of the health and safety regulators the stadium is a liability. The russian mafia had to spend a couple hundred grand on essential works just so they could get it open again!

you can see why everyone is going for Port Vale over the skates, they have no value whatsoever

Landlocked

Shalala

PMSL

If they were liquidated, I would imagine it wouldn't just be the council interested in buying the ground. Tesco would probably offer more, which could then go towards paying off creditors. I think Birch is just protecting the creditors.

Yep, starting to make sense (of sorts).....so, Birch's intervention today (to deter the council from putting in a pre-emptive bid for the ground) is more likely to be a sign that liquidation is the fast approaching end game?

Whilst on one hand ripping the p!ss out of them at they staggeringly low levels of support, maybe we should credit those who have maybe seen the light and are refusing to pour more of their hard earned money into the bottomless pit whilst in its present guise.

Would you have continued supporting us if we'd somehow spunked away 180 million quid and had numerous hieneous chancers as owners who all make Roops look like our Guardian Angel in so far as trying to keep the Good Ship SS Southampton on an even keel.

So maybe spare a thought for those that are genuinely saddened and ashamed of what has happened to their club, but don't stop laughing at the daft divs who think they are the ones being wronged!!

Actually I am shocked by their apathy in the face of adversity. There is no excuse for boycotting the club now. Anyone connected with any previous regime is now out of the club & it no longer matters anyway. It is all about your club facing its darkest hour and standing up to be counted. When we faced it, in the last few games at SMS after admin attendances went way up. We forget it now, but we were facing exactly what they now face & we responded brilliantly. They are just walking away. There is no defence they truly should be ashamed.

Due to the fact I can't get to Hull in time I'm half tempted to go in the away end at Fratton tonight instead. Would be fun to go and laugh at their fancy dress and empty seats but I'm not sure paying £25 for the privilege is particularly value for money.

Taking my coat off to reveal a Saints shirt underneath could provide some entertainment though.

Due to the fact I can't get to Hull in time I'm half tempted to go in the away end at Fratton tonight instead. Would be fun to go and laugh at their fancy dress and empty seats but I'm not sure paying £25 for the privilege is particularly value for money.

Taking my coat off to reveal a Saints shirt underneath could provide some entertainment though.

As long as you have a kevlar vest on under the shirt!!

[h=6]Texaco UK FC

[/h][h=6]Struggling Portsmouth Football Club take on high flying Birmingham City FC Official this evening. Birmingham have to be favorites but who wins the Twitter battle? BCFC have more fans but Pompey are getting more mentions at the moment. What will the score on the pitch be at Fratton Park tonight?[/h]

Lol, even the "ever even-handed" Texaco UK FC Facebook page now states Brum have more supporters than the phew (you know the site that does all the Manager Interviews, Fenners, and all the freebie stuff.

Equally telling as if we didn't know - the phew have more twits than Brum

Oh and the bloke that won a Singed poopey football hasn't bothered to collect it - :lol:

Lol, even the "ever even-handed" Texaco UK FC Facebook page now states Brum have more supporters than the phew (you know the site that does all the Manager Interviews, Fenners, and all the freebie stuff.

Equally telling as if we didn't know - the phew have more twits than Brum

Oh and the bloke that won a Singed poopey football hasn't bothered to collect it - :lol:

We all know that PFC is ALMOST toast, but they're burning footballs too?????

Slightly off at a tangent but it says something about herdlike people have become. So many people lack confidence in their own judgment they feel they must associate themselves with 'success' lest be be seen as losers.

Whereas you've always been more comfortable embracing mediocrity and failure in your life, right Timmy. ;)

Mebbe. Im not setting myself up as the paragon of free thought and insight. Its just a lot of people seem so led by whats trending on twitter, what they've read, watched on Top Gear or seen on an ad. A lot of people will tell you the only phone to have is Apple and everthying else is ****e (despite having said the same about Blackberry two years ago). Only German cars are any good (despite many of them being made in Belgium and Spain) and that Vauxhalls are ****e (despite most of them being made in Germany).

People arent turning up to watch Pompey because they are seen as uncool and failures now. Not the case a couple of years ago - what happened to all those 'fans?' Whatever happened to making your own calls and judgements instead of whats marketed to you? Its a pretty shallow trend imo. Maybe its an old fart thing.

Edited by buctootim

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1038218/trevor-birch:-concerns-over-portsmouth-future-'over'?cc=5739

Birch confirms, club is safe, new owner (One of five) Will get a debt free club and a bargain

Any concerns about the club's future are now over."

Have we missed something :scared::scared:

Hmmm.....the article seems a re-hash of old news (the Football League releasing the £200k per month) combined with new quotes from Birch.....

Birch: Portsmouth will be safe

March 20, 2012

By Harry Harris, Football Correspondent

Trevor Birch has revealed to ESPNsoccernet, on the eve of Portsmouth's match with Birmingham, that the stricken club will be saved and that they are now in position to announce that they can fulfil their fixtures for the rest of the season.

frattonpark20120130_275x155.jpg

The club's administrator publicly expressed his fears the club was in such a bad financial state that they might not survive the season, but now he is far more optimistic and said there was no need to worry anymore.

"The Football League were holding onto some cash, but we have persuaded them to release it to club based on how we are dealing with the football creditors," Birch told ESPNsoccernet.

"The sum is around £200,000 a month, and together with moving a couple of players on loan we have eased the cash flow considerably.

"This is a special club, a great club and you have to experience the atmosphere with the crowd to appreciate it. This club is worth saving and I am talking to three or four prospective new buyers.

"Someone will take it on free of debt so its bargain basement, someone will come in to ensure it survives while we work on ensuring a reduction in trading costs for next years. Any concerns about the club's future are now over."

Could just be the usual administrator-esque "everything is fine" bravado to try and suck in any waivering new owners of course....

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1038218/trevor-birch:-concerns-over-portsmouth-future-'over'?cc=5739

Birch confirms, club is safe, new owner (One of five) Will get a debt free club and a bargain

Any concerns about the club's future are now over."

Have we missed something :scared::scared:

I think he means that they are safe to finish their fixtures - no mention of after that though. I also think it was a bit rude of him not to thank WetSpam.

Just listened to 5 live on my way to work this morning and some delude skate came on pleading for a buyer and going on about sleeping giant :lol:, best fans :lol:, etc etc........blah blah. I nearly crashed my car I was laughing so much. The real punch line was when guy said it was an attractive club because they were guarenteed 15,000 attendances every home game ......... exluding the fact their average attendance is under that figure, this guy said his punch line about 20 minutes after the game against Brum had finished - attendance 12,185 :facepalm:

There's just no helping some people!