Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Don't post much but love reading this thread, (yes even you Corpy) and to be honest you've made a fair point about not giving credit where credit was due. Congratulations, belatedy, on promotion to the Premier League and for winning the FA Cup. Congratulations also on the runners up spot and for your European Tour.

It would be hypocrtical to say anything other than this. I say this because when there was the possibility of Paul Allen taking over dreams of becoming the next Chelsea or Man City excited me. Let's be honest, who doesn't want to see their beloved team win things? But it didn't happen. And the rest is history. Admin, almost dead, countless abuse from my Pompey friends (I still have around thirty photos saved on my email from one such friend from the West Brom v Pompey game and photos of Saints fans crying that fateful day - saved for the simple reason that one day I would be able to reply to each and every one with photos of my own).

The company I worked for at the time was close to the Saints administration - indeed was one of the companies that were owed money (as I understand, was paid for in full). I knew people there and still do. It's was a nasty time. But in the end, and yes we go on about this, we cut our cloth accordingly. We gambled, it didn't work, we paid the price. And we took the punishment. I don't think anybody has ever said we didn't deserve it.

Admin gave us a second chance, like it has to you, Leeds, B'mouth ect. If we screwed up again, I would expect the book to be thrown at us. And that is the only thing that I have a problem with in regards to Pompey. The club has done it twice. The "it's not the fans fault", while I sympathise, is not a consideration. Portsmouth FC has done this. Yes the directors, owners ect should be punished but the club has to be punished - and punished appropriately. The club is an entity in its own right. If you don't make that first CVA payment then another points deduction should follow. If it doesn't, I won't be blaming Pompey, it would be the FL's fault after all.

Only now, with a proper administrator, are you truly going through what we did. The fire sale of players, the real proposition of not having a club, league one beckoning...I really don't hope you stay up. I hope there is a further deduction, not cause I hate the club but simply because that is just. I don't want you gone, I just want proper punishment. Rebuild in League One and let's see where you are in a few years time...

With regards to players wages, you don't know what our players are on. I'd be amazed if they are on what you are suggesting. But it's obviously possible. The truth is that we won't know until the accounts are published. In the meantime, please stop going on about our wage bill with nothing to back them up. The accounts you have used are old, you already know that, and it just comes across as desperate. The difference is, most of Pompey's players wages are in the public domain. The fact that it was mentioned that Mullins was not in fact on 33k per week, but 26k or whatever (and the way this was used in a "see, it's ok, it's only 26k") is exactly the kind of thing that makes a mockery of the club.

Support your club, and credit has been given. Now take the punishment and rebuild. But please admit the Club deserves its punishment. You're coming across as if you have done nothing wrong.

And admit we are the bigger club.

Don't post much but love reading this thread, (yes even you Corpy) and to be honest you've made a fair point about not giving credit where credit was due. Congratulations, belatedy, on promotion to the Premier League and for winning the FA Cup. Congratulations also on the runners up spot and for your European Tour.

It would be hypocrtical to say anything other than this. I say this because when there was the possibility of Paul Allen taking over dreams of becoming the next Chelsea or Man City excited me. Let's be honest, who doesn't want to see their beloved team win things? But it didn't happen. And the rest is history. Admin, almost dead, countless abuse from my Pompey friends (I still have around thirty photos saved on my email from one such friend from the West Brom v Pompey game and photos of Saints fans crying that fateful day - saved for the simple reason that one day I would be able to reply to each and every one with photos of my own).

The company I worked for at the time was close to the Saints administration - indeed was one of the companies that were owed money (as I understand, was paid for in full). I knew people there and still do. It's was a nasty time. But in the end, and yes we go on about this, we cut our cloth accordingly. We gambled, it didn't work, we paid the price. And we took the punishment. I don't think anybody has ever said we didn't deserve it.

Admin gave us a second chance, like it has to you, Leeds, B'mouth ect. If we screwed up again, I would expect the book to be thrown at us. And that is the only thing that I have a problem with in regards to Pompey. The club has done it twice Four times in fact, three in the last thirteen years. . The "it's not the fans fault", while I sympathise, is not a consideration. Portsmouth FC has done this. Yes the directors, owners ect should be punished but the club has to be punished - and punished appropriately. The club is an entity in its own right. If you don't make that first CVA payment then another points deduction should follow. If it doesn't, I won't be blaming Pompey, it would be the FL's fault after all.

Only now, with a proper administrator, are you truly going through what we did. The fire sale of players, the real proposition of not having a club, league one beckoning...I really don't hope you stay up. I hope there is a further deduction, not cause I hate the club but simply because that is just. I don't want you gone, I just want proper punishment. Rebuild in League One and let's see where you are in a few years time...

With regards to players wages, you don't know what our players are on. I'd be amazed if they are on what you are suggesting. But it's obviously possible. The truth is that we won't know until the accounts are published. In the meantime, please stop going on about our wage bill with nothing to back them up. The accounts you have used are old, you already know that, and it just comes across as desperate. The difference is, most of Pompey's players wages are in the public domain. The fact that it was mentioned that Mullins was not in fact on 33k per week, but 26k or whatever (and the way this was used in a "see, it's ok, it's only 26k") is exactly the kind of thing that makes a mockery of the club.

Support your club, and credit has been given. Now take the punishment and rebuild. But please admit the Club deserves its punishment. You're coming across as if you have done nothing wrong.

And admit we are the bigger club.

A balanced post, but I added a bit for you...hth.

corpy..obviously running away crying as he knows what is around the corner...LIQUIDATION!! and he does not want to

be anywhere near here when the party starts and the champagne corks start flying....sha la la la la la...

Gonna miss though...only because he keeps coming back with some hilarious stuff....

Bye corpy.....enjoy moneyfields

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

Pompey Voice ‏ @pompeyvoice

Pompey are slowly becoming a self sufficient club, it's long, painful and totally **** but it's 100% the right thing #Pompey

Are they?

Yes, (after conveniently forgetting about their currently ammassed debts of course )

They obviously think that by going into "Administration", that wipes the slate clean ...... again

Yes, (after conveniently forgetting about their currently ammassed debts of course )

They obviously think that by going into "Administration", that wipes the slate clean ...... again

Oh they do, believe me, and see no wrong in it...........It's in the rules innit!

so pompey have now sent the Ho out on loan as well.

Has he really gone?....

Well I didn't like to say before because it might sound a bit rude while he was here, but he was a little bit 'special' wasn't he?...

Putting all the banter aside, I'm quite upset that he's gone.:(

Oh hang on, I've got over it!!! :D

Bye!

I give it a week before he's back - or sooner if they beat Bristol City, or we lose.

That article is classic! There's this guy, right, who's not hompophobic, he'd have no problem if one of his players was gay. He does think that "two gay people is wrong", but he's got no problem if it's just one gay on their own. Bell-end!

Whatever I post, no-one seems to read the actual content of it.

Well, if you are going to spout utter nonsense for the best part of two and a half years is it any wonder?

All the best flogging toys you cretinous fool. Thanks for all the fish.

Edited by Colinjb

Reading Corporate Ho's posting I can only give this advice to posters trying to respond

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience"

Personally I prefer the George Bernarnd Shaw quote: [h=1]“I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.”[/h]

Has he really gone?....

Well I didn't like to say before because it might sound a bit rude while he was here, but he was a little bit 'special' wasn't he?...

Bye!

I give it a week before he's back - or sooner if they beat Bristol City, or we lose.

My thoughts entirely!

Just further proof (when the time inevitably comes) that the guy doesn't mean a single word he says, and he is absolutely shameless about it. Just like the the vast majority of skates, no dignity, shame or integrity.

That article is classic! There's this guy, right, who's not hompophobic, he'd have no problem if one of his players was gay. He does think that "two gay people is wrong", but he's got no problem if it's just one gay on their own. Bell-end!

you should've seen the comments, which have now been closed. Two of his cousins came on and told everyone how his best friend was... wait for it... 'coloured'

Coach

Friday, March 16, 2012 at 03:54 PM

@16 There is no chance of staying in the Championship. The orignal CVA will formely be declared "failed" within the next 4 weeks. That will be a points deduction, somewhere between miuns 10 - 20.

Now that would be good

Snipped to save space

Admin gave us a second chance, like it has to you, Leeds, B'mouth ect. If we screwed up again, I would expect the book to be thrown at us. And that is the only thing that I have a problem with in regards to Pompey. The club has done it twice. The "it's not the fans fault", while I sympathise, is not a consideration. Portsmouth FC has done this. Yes the directors, owners ect should be punished but the club has to be punished - and punished appropriately. The club is an entity in its own right. If you don't make that first CVA payment then another points deduction should follow. If it doesn't, I won't be blaming Pompey, it would be the FL's fault after all.

The thing that gets me about "it's not the fans fault", is the one-sided thinking behind it. Of course it is true that most fans had, and have, no influence over the way their club is run, but then that is just as true in good times as it is in bad. By the 'not our fault' reasoning, PFC fans also had no part in their cup win. They can't expect to revel in the glory of a cup win that also 'was not their fault', then just step away from the consequences of buying that cup with a 'not our fault'

Edited by Jimmy_D
Fixing formatting

Has he really gone?....

Bye!

He'll be back soon regardless , just with a different user name. The mods just need to look out for a fiver being lost in the post.

Coach

Friday, March 16, 2012 at 03:54 PM

@16 There is no chance of staying in the Championship. The orignal CVA will formely be declared "failed" within the next 4 weeks. That will be a points deduction, somewhere between miuns 10 - 20.

Now that would be good

Let's hope the points deduction happens after the cut off so it applies next season. I'd hate to see it just loaded onto this season

Snipped to save space

The thing that gets me about "it's not the fans fault", is the one-sided thinking behind it. Of course it is true that most fans had, and have, no influence over the way their club is run, but then that is just as true in good times as it is in bad. By the 'not our fault' reasoning, PFC fans also had no part in their cup win. They can't expect to revel in the glory of a cup win that also 'was not their fault', then just step away from the consequences of buying that cup with a 'not our fault'

Exactly my view.

Exactly my view.

It's the crux of it from a fans point of view. I actually get what they are saying, it's just that it shouldn't matter. It's quite amazing that those same fans have disappeared now, in the clubs time of need. They're actually giving tickets away and they still can't fill the park. But even if they did fill it, and everyone of them was paying full price, why the hell should that make a difference? You can plead the fans innocence to everybody but not the club's. When the Prime Minister said what he said in that he would do all that he can to help was, quite frankly, disgusting, even if it was just propaganda.

The entity known as Portsmouth Football club has committed the crimes and must pay. I actually find it somewhat ironic that when we play them in a few weeks it will be them in the midst of rebuilding. We were a little further along, granted, when we lost the FA Cup match, but it didn't stop my Pompey mates gloating about the win (and it won't stop me either, if we do the same to them on the 7th). Football has a way of balancing its football crimes out, maybe not in the way we want them, but in its own, strange way. If we beat them by more than 4-1, they get relegated and another points deduction, and rebuild within their means, then punishment served in my book. But that's a personal opinion.

The millions not paid to others is another consideration. It's something that needs addressing in football full stop. Yes, Pompey have taken the absolute **** in this regard, but there are laws to punish them. They just haven't been enforced (trading whilst insolvent?). The whole structure needs changing IMO. One of the reasons I find this thread so entertaining is the analysis that some of us have gone into to uncover the truth. And while we've all had a laugh at our neighbour's expense, some of the revelations have been truly shocking. Forget that it's Pompey for a moment and the very fact that what has happened there CAN happen, is absolutely frightening. I'm talking about gunrunners, debentures, taking a football club because somebody defaulted on a payment, increasing debt to get the vote on a CVA, setting a wage limit and having it laughed at, setting transfer embargos and then watching players arriving, a person who doesn't even exist being able to own a club...these things (and yes, there are many more I know) are frightening. Imagine, just imagine, if this was Saints. How can something like this be allowed to transpire, and not only transpire, but go on and on? And there is nothing the fans can do about it.

So I do have sympathy for the fans, most of them anyway, but more for those that are directly impacted. The taxpayer, charities, non-football employees, local businesses, even foreign clubs that are still owed money. I have sympathy for the Championship clubs, as its made it a mockery, iourselves included. Teams playing them now will have an easier task than they would have had than playing them earlier in the season. It's no wonder West Ham, Cardiff, Brum and Reading are paying them the loan fees. They need those points. They are protecting their investment. Anybody who could, would do the same. Strange how Forest and Doncaster haven't been in though.

But the flip side to that is why should those clubs who have made those purchases feel it necessary to do it? The very fact that they are panic buying to protect points and keep Pompey in existence is the exact mockery I'm talking about. If the FL had acted sooner, or more decisively, Pompey may already be gone and those purchases would not have had to be made, plunging further clubs (West Ham, Cardiff, Birmingham) into spending money they themselves probably can't afford.

What I don't have sympathy for is the club itself. It may not get everything it deserves, but hopefully it will bring about change. Probably not, but we can but hope. And for the record, if we do go up this season, and Cortese does splash the cash, I hope to god we can afford it. If we start signing people like Defoe on 60k a week, I would hope we start to ask questions. But other than that, there wouldn't be a lot we could do. Financial Fair Play can't come quickly enough, if you ask me.

I honestly don't know what the answer is. How can what happen down the road be stopped from happening again? The argument for only 50-60% of revenue to be spent on wages may work but there are so many variables that need to be taken into account. it's not just wages, it's the owners, the way grounds can be used as security, the way you can sell a player even though you haven't actually finished paying for him, the way foreign clubs are treated differently, the toothless rules and punishment...any ideas? Perhaps needs a thread of its own.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17397554

Saints legend Matthew Le Tissier wants Portsmouth survival

Southampton legend Matthew Le Tissier says he is 'saddened' by the ongoing financial problems at fierce south-coast rivals Portsmouth.

"They still wanted the rivalry, we've been where they've been and it's not a nice place. No football fan wants to see what they are going through."

Matty, you're the greatest. We love you. But you're talking bollocks here.

I'll almost miss him when he's gone. I struggle through 40 lines of gibberish, then a little pearl at the end. He just sets them up for you to knock down, doesn't he?

As I've said before, you're top of the league on merit and whilst I hope you don't go up, if you do it will be because you've earnt it. I think the fact that none of you have EVER said that about any of Pompey's achievements since I first posted on here tels its own story

Is he a masochist whose sistermotherwife won't give him a good thrashing. Is he so dense that he thinks irony is what his sistermotherwife does to his shirty before goes to work? I'm lost for words. In response all I can say is, Der, go figure.

This is why I want them to die

Markus Liebherrs Dad Was A Nazi

Friday, March 16, 2012 at 05:34 PM

Great keeper, sad to see him go. Thanks for your efforts Hendo, now help the Hammers win the league. PUP

Friday, March 16, 2012 at 05:46 PM

Apparently the 5cummers have offered us Bartosz Białkowski on loan and £2,000,000 cash if we put him in goal on the 7th April. PUP.

The Green Man

Friday, March 16, 2012 at 06:00 PM

@43 your use of the word nazi with regard to someone dead demonstrates and helps confirm why we are becoming the most loathed fans in the league. No sense of humour + a big chip on our shoulder is a bad combination. Good luck Stephen, thanks for all your efforts.

Friday, March 16, 2012 at 06:21 PM

The Green Man #46, My username is simply stating a fact or would you prefer it to read " Markus Liebherrs Dad Was A German Soldier Who Was Directly OR Indirectly Involved In The Murder Of Thousands Of Jews For Nazi Germany During WWII" . And I thought my joke about the 5cum lending us their carppy keeper was quite good, so You Sir are the one with no sense of humour, Good Day to you. PUP

Liebherr's dad was German

He wore a German hat

He dropped a bomb on Fratton Park

We love him just for that

Sorry, this is out of order and I don't think it's right to lower ourselves to the nasty levels of the few of the blue few. I'm sure Markus would not want us using his name in the way, God rest his soul. Mods, can you delete?

This is why I want them to die

Friday, March 16, 2012 at 05:34 PM

Great keeper, sad to see him go. Thanks for your efforts Hendo, now help the Hammers win the league. PUP

Friday, March 16, 2012 at 05:46 PM

Apparently the 5cummers have offered us Bartosz Białkowski on loan and £2,000,000 cash if we put him in goal on the 7th April. PUP.

The Green Man

Friday, March 16, 2012 at 06:00 PM

@43 your use of the word nazi with regard to someone dead demonstrates and helps confirm why we are becoming the most loathed fans in the league. No sense of humour + a big chip on our shoulder is a bad combination. Good luck Stephen, thanks for all your efforts.

Friday, March 16, 2012 at 06:21 PM

The Green Man #46, My username is simply stating a fact or would you prefer it to read " Markus Liebherrs Dad Was A German Soldier Who Was Directly OR Indirectly Involved In The Murder Of Thousands Of Jews For Nazi Germany During WWII" . And I thought my joke about the 5cum lending us their carppy keeper was quite good, so You Sir are the one with no sense of humour, Good Day to you. PUP

Jesus H, hope they die soon. Pathetic club, pathetic fans.

Sorry, this is out of order and I don't think it's right to lower ourselves to the nasty levels of the few of the blue few. I'm sure Markus would not want us using his name in the way, God rest his soul. Mods, can you delete?

It was deemed OK for Rosler. Geeze chill the **** out man.

Chopper, never want to have a go at a fellow Saint, but this is just banter. When Markus first took over the blue few convinced each other he was a german tank driver. It took six months, before the penny dropped he was born after the war. Now they reckon his money started from stolen gold.

Football is football and if it winds them up, then all to have the good. We don't need a moral high horse to sit on. The song is fine.

Exactly. So personally I fully expect that soon Appleton will decide some of these youngsters have matured suddenly and rapidly, and are now ready for first team action after all

But if they do that they won't be able to bleat about not being able to put out a squad and then try and ask for additional loans to the allowable number to be granted, and to be able to have them outside the transfer window, which is clearly fuelled by some kind of addiction to the desperate need for affirmation that "they ARE special" they seem to want at every turn.

1. I wouldn't be too sure about your players "affordable" wages FC. The stories going around from people at your own club is that you've got several of them on around £25K a week and Sharp was reported to hjave signed for at least £20K a week.

2. Still trotting out lies about Pompey's debt being all down to money spent on players and wages when it keeps being pointed out to you that huge chunkls of that debt were actually loaded onto the club by previous owners (£32m was what Fahim agreed to pay for the land around the ground to Gaydamak then loaded the debt onto the club, Chainrai's £17m "debenture" for money that was allegedly loaned to al Faraj, £5m to Fahim and on and on). Then, in your next breath you acknowledge that our owners have saddled us with debt and also agree that it could happen to you. Make your mind up fella

Bit disingenuous there Granty. What you say is right but if you're saying that their transfer fees paid their wages that means we had an additional £50m a year from SKY freed up to pay other fees and wages. When you think that we made huge profits on what we paid for not just Johnson but Defoe, Diarra, Muntari, Distin and others somethingh doesn't add up.

Interesting distinction Johnnykins. So "Pompey" didn't pay creditors because the parachute payments we were entitled to anyway were used to do it but "Southampton Football Club" did because Liebherr decided to do so. That was down to your good fortune in Liebherr buying you surely? If Pinnacle or some other chancers had bought you the creditors would very likely have had to make do with Xp in the £. The club had nothing to do with it.

Nice post. Is that you David? How's the house sales in Thailand going? Ironic you should post this one really, given that you were on here a couple of weeks ago boasting about how you were "trolling up a storm" on POL. Been back recently?

In fact, the idiot's post above has made me think about why I post on here anymore. For those of you that didn't see the original, the freak had obviously googled my name and seen a birthday message in the local paper (thankfully it was someone else with the same name and not me) but the original post included this poor guy's wife and kids names. What kind of sick **** posts that on a football messageboard (and well done Granty or whatever mods changed it). It used to be a good laugh posting on here, the banter was really good. But over the past few seasons it's become nastier and nastier. Whatever I post, no-one seems to read the actual content of it (just look at the posts the other day when I pointed out we weren't £180m in debt and that huge chunks of it were down to previous owners saddling the club with their own debts) only to be told my post was moronic. So let's call it a day, shall we. For those of you registered on POL that PM me keep stopping by and saying hello and any others, do the same.

As I've said before, you're top of the league on merit and whilst I hope you don't go up, if you do it will be because you've earnt it. I think the fact that none of you have EVER said that about any of Pompey's achievements since I first posted on here tels its own story

So Long......and Thanks for all the FISH

Hans, Markus' dad founded the company in 1948. I doubt there was much Nazi gold in building bridges in the Wermacht.

Hans Liebherr grew up in Kirchdorf, a small southern German town on the Iller river. At the time he lost his father in World War I, Liebherr was only two years old. At age 13, he started an apprenticeship in his stepfather's small construction business. During World War II, Liebherr served in the engineering corps of the German army, specifically in a unit that built bridges for the German troops in Russia. There he gained valuable insights into common challenges connected with construction projects.

http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/LiebherrInternational-AG-Company-History.html