Gasmi has signed on loan

Clunge

And you say he won't be available until Christmas. Clearly the truth is that he will be available somewhere in between, probably mid October.

Like me Doc you don't know but sometime this year will be a bonus and coach JP can have his first look and make decisions wether he will improve the team or even the squad. As a fan I truly hope so.

...............I really do hope they get fit sooner than later but before you start, I really do hope The Director of football has chosen well. To be fair he gets about 1 in 10 right which is not bad for a non football man.

JP as a football man if left to his own football decisions would, I suggest would really begin to earn his money.

Think we're missing the bleedin obvious here in our rush to fit everything into the "politics model"

Why we all of a sudden seem to be signing French kids?

Is it only me that detects the waft of our French connection here?

The man who "set up" the Academy was Rupe's (as he KEEPS letting us know)

The man who made it WORK was... Georges Prost, recently "retired" to France, who would have understood very well what Rupert is trying to do, and will possibly get some personal satisfaction watching the youngsters now step up to the plate.

Somehow I don't think that Mike Wilde has spent all summer scouting out obscure young players in the French Leagues, somehow think this may have been about experience with kids and contacts...

GP may be gone, but somehow I don't think he's been forgotten, maybe he's trying to help???

Prost working as a scout can only bring possible stars of the future and maybe the odd player for to-day ie Spiderman who appears to be a real find. I hope it continues for the

good of the club. I support the club and was only very concerned in the present financial climate that we not only gamble on future stars but those that are not fit. Then again if Gasmi is that good then worth the gamble. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. In Jp I trust at least for the moment. Do not give up on our own academy because of a few set backs.

Full credit to you Sir Phil, but lets not forget Mr Wilde who is beavering away there in the background as The Football Chairman and everyone else is taking the credit.

Sink or swim.

One for all and all for one. But in reality let us hope and pray that the Frech Youth is just an extension to the Academy and continues getting us results on the field and in the bank. If they get it right, we the fans can slap ourselves on the back. If they get it wrong we can blame the Directors.

The man who made it WORK was... Georges Prost, recently "retired" to France, who would have understood very well what Rupert is trying to do, and will possibly get some personal satisfaction watching the youngsters now step up to the plate.

GP may be gone, but somehow I don't think he's been forgotten, maybe he's trying to help???

GP had already announced his intention to return to work in France when he was diagnosed with cancer. Lowe renewed his contract so that GP wouldnt have to worry about where the next penny was coming from whilst he was fighting the disease.

GP is very grateful to the club and to RL and IMO would do anything he could to help us.