For all those ITK re. consortia, etc.......

washsaint

With nothing having seen the light of day for months, do you now consider any takeover, from what you've heard, dead in the water?

With Fulthorpe, we were led to believe before the EGM it would happen, then a few weeks later, then a few weeks later and now a few weeks later.

Not a loaded question, just interested in your views.

Im sure in the future of SFC somewhere along the line we will be takenover in one form or another. These people have been saying it for over a year now and nothing has happened. Man City are close to their second takeover in this time. At what point does a line have to be drawn under it? Otherwise in 17 years time when Saints may or may not be taken over, there will be these guys saying 'I was first to tell you about this'! As if getting their name rubber stamped in the fans history.

IMO the Jonathan Fulthorpe/John Cousins consortium will never be in a position to takeover Saints. I don't believe they have the finance to do the business. Takeover deals can happen very quickly provided the consortium is fully financed and serious about a deal. The Abu Dhabi United Group and it's takeover of Manchester City is a prime example of how quickly proper and well financed deals can be done.

Urgent meeting last Friday (I know, I know) apparently.

Cheers for the update.

Any clues as to which parties were in said meeting? (without giving any specific details obviously....). If in doubt, just say who wasn't at the meeting and we'll work it out from there. Ta.

I'm really sceptical myself and am of the view that it will never happen. What are you hearing that is giving you hope?

I know they're still working on it (Fulthorpe et al)

I am also becoming sceptical - it's gone on too long so I'm not as hopeful as I was.

My own view is now 60/40 against.

And Shearer is definitely out of the picture - IMHO a good thing.

Cheers for the update.

Any clues as to which parties were in said meeting? (without giving any specific details obviously....). If in doubt, just say who wasn't at the meeting and we'll work it out from there. Ta.

Sorry Trousers I've got no other details.

The club will not be sold until the asking price is at the right level to attract the right investors. For an asking price of say £11M, realistically SFC is not a very attractive investment opportunity, it has too much debt. The club/major shareholders could easily find a wealthy buyer if they lowered the asking price to a sensible level, say south of £4M. IMHO.

The club will not be sold until the asking price is at the right level to attract the right investors. For an asking price of say £11M, realistically SFC is not a very attractive investment opportunity, it has too much debt. The club/major shareholders could easily find a wealthy buyer if they lowered the asking price to a sensible level, say south of £4M. IMHO.

Which they will never do as the likes of Wilde and Lowe will make a huge loss so why bother. This is the catch 22 situation we lie in which is why a takeover will not happen for a long time.

All IMHO of course!

Which they will never do as the likes of Wilde and Lowe will make a huge loss so why bother. This is the catch 22 situation we lie in which is why a takeover will not happen for a long time.

All IMHO of course!

You are absolutely right but it is their last throw of the dice. The question is if they fail will the major shareholders do what is right for SFC and sell it off cheaply to the right investor or will they hang on until the bitter end and push the club into administration? I fear it will be administration if their new strategy fails.

As Saints supporters there is only one club in the world for us...It is hard to watch other clubs more successful than us attracting buyers.

There are 3 things that are needed for this to EVER happen

1) Directors willing to sell at a current sensible price (whatever that may be)

2) The acceptance by ourselves that we are NOT a very attractive proposition

3) A wealthy fan or developer ...because no other person or group will be remotely interested in buying us in our current mess.

When we accept this its easier to understand why other clubs are more attractive to a buyer than us. That is why I am not holding my breath with the Fulthorpe consortium...they are just not wealthy enough to make a difference

As Saints supporters there is only one club in the world for us...It is hard to watch other clubs more successful than us attracting buyers.

There are 3 things that are needed for this to EVER happen

1) Directors willing to sell at a current sensible price (whatever that may be)

2) The acceptance by ourselves that we are NOT a very attractive proposition

3) A wealthy fan or developer ...because no other person or group will be remotely interested in buying us in our current mess.

When we accept this its easier to understand why other clubs are more attractive to a buyer than us. That is why I am not holding my breath with the Fulthorpe consortium...they are just not wealthy enough to make a difference

Why would acceptance by ourselves that we are not attractive help a takeover?? we have bugg*r all to do with it!

Also how do you know they are not wealthy enough??

Probably a educated guess based on the fact it's taken nearly a year for them not to come up with enough cash to buy a little old club like ours.....

The protracted delay sort of gives the game away....IMHO of course....

Probably a educated guess based on the fact it's taken nearly a year for them not to come up with enough cash to buy a little old club like ours.....

An educated guess could also mean they just don't want to invest at the moment or ever but have the funds should they wish to IMO, nobody knows for sure except the people who are involved, but don't let that stop anybody stating it as FACT that they are unable to

Exactly...the expression shoestring springs to mind...you know what we are trying to do with the team full of youngsters

Why would acceptance by ourselves that we are not attractive help a takeover?? we have bugg*r all to do with it!

We have to accept that no matter how much we all would like a very wealthy person to buy the club...it just aint going to happen. There are still an awful lot of straw clutchers posting.

When a consortium having been trying for almost a year without success to buy us it tells me that the person or persons who would write the cheque does not READILY have the finance

An educated guess could also mean they just don't want to invest at the moment or ever but have the funds should they wish to IMO, nobody knows for sure except the people who are involved, but don't let that stop anybody stating it as FACT that they are unable to

Where exactly does the education come in that guess? When you keep quoting soon and the months end up in years, add on a prospective manager every 3 months and you really are in Billy Bullsheite territory.

Even your basic monkey should soon see through the necessity of going for a leak every time it's their round. As they have already agreed a price and acceptance of sale of shares, where exactly is the problem?

This has the classic hallmarks of a chimps tea party, it all looks vaguely familiar but even a 5 year old can work out what is going on. Yet you still get the adults looking for boats and flags in the tea leaves.

I don't believe this meeting last Friday stuff. They have had more meetings than the Civil Service.

Surely they know the price by now. Meetings are pointless now unless they are to seal the deal.

Put this one in the file under 'tyre kickers' to go with all they others. Face facts, we're skint and stuck with Lowe and Wilde.

Depressing.

Cheers for the update.

I wasn't there. Does that help?

Amazing Man City can get taken over in 3 weeks and we can't get taken over in 15 months of trying

When premiership football in this country consists of a few teams wearing the colours of what used to be English football clubs, but each one owned by foreign "businessmen" and staffed by foreign players and foreign managers, will there come a point at which English fans will turn their backs on it? Already the premiership is planning for matches to be played outside of the UK, one game to start with, and then how many? All that will be needed to finish the transformation will be to end promotion and relegation to and from the premiership as the international league pulls up the ladder.

In the short term, we just want our own team to have load-sa-money so if that means Al Fayad, or a Russian oligarch, or an Arab Crown Prince, who cares? Like most people I'd welcome genuine investment, but not at any price.

When premiership football in this country consists of a few teams wearing the colours of what used to be English football clubs, but each one owned by foreign "businessmen" and staffed by foreign players and foreign managers, will there come a point at which English fans will turn their backs on it? Already the premiership is planning for matches to be played outside of the UK, one game to start with, and then how many? All that will be needed to finish the transformation will be to end promotion and relegation to and from the premiership as the international league pulls up the ladder.

In the short term, we just want our own team to have load-sa-money so if that means Al Fayad, or a Russian oligarch, or an Arab Crown Prince, who cares? Like most people I'd welcome genuine investment, but not at any price.

i was reading an article with the man city chief executive and he was saying exactly that about promotion/relegation. and for me that really will bring the beginning for the end. and its almost defintely will happen. look whos going to be making the decision. foreign owners with no attachment to football and whats its all about. only looking to protect their multi, multi million pound investment. its inevitable

watching sky sports news, they keep banging on how exciting this transfer deadline is, well for me its not even 1% as exciting as the last day of the season when its all up for grabs

i too, welcome investment but again not at any cost. and in any case, if someone comes in, you can bet one of the first things they would do is raise ticket prices to cover their investment. and i couldnt afford much more anyway. so where would be the real benefit for me personally?? bragging rights over my mates maybe.... id rather go to the games