ratings

Oz

according to teletext there was precious little difference between the birmingham and ourselves. the media of course played up their 3 disallowed goals (all by the way proved to be correct decisions) and they hit the woodwork. so what! we had two off the line and also hit the wood. this match could have gone either way, imho both sides were pretty poor on the day. and what about those sky commentators? where do they get them from?

cork and pekhart could prove to be our saviours.

, get 'em on

according to teletext there was precious little difference between the birmingham and ourselves. the media of course played up their 3 disallowed goals (all by the way proved to be correct decisions) and they hit the woodwork. so what! we had two off the line and also hit the wood. this match could have gone either way, imho both sides were pretty poor on the day. and what about those sky commentators? where do they get them from?

, get 'em on

Oz - irrespective of what the statistics say; I think it's fair to reflect that Blackpool were at least a one goal better team on the day.

I'm hardly suprised the media played up their dissalowed goals. I imagine if we had had three dissalowed goals this message board mght of "Played it up a bit" as well ,irrespective of if they were correct decisions or not. I think you have to foget about ratings sometimes & just stand back and take an objective view. My view is that Blackpool were quite a distance better than us. Too many of our players had off days (overconfidence perhaps?) but I think we are going to do ok this season.

JP will no doubt prove to be a reasonable coach but I believe he should have a proper British football man assissting him and the team. ie Someone like Pearson, someone who knows the English game. Examples where foreign Manager/coaches have British football people close at hand. ie Rice to Wenger and Clarke to various Chelsea bosses. I suppose cost would be the problem with this. But JP will need some support sooner than later

, get 'em on

do you mean blackpool?