Laptop problem

ladysaint

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies, hi-jacking this thread (can't start new ones) as hopefully this is now resolved for ladysaint.

Bit of advice needed, daughter's laptop, Fujitsu Siemens Amilio Pi2512, needs replacement AC Adaptor. Are compatible/universal ones any good, as seem half the price, and anywhere recommended to buy?

Cheers for any advice.

Apologies, hi-jacking this thread (can't start new ones) as hopefully this is now resolved for ladysaint.

Bit of advice needed, daughter's laptop, Fujitsu Siemens Amilio Pi2512, needs replacement AC Adaptor. Are compatible/universal ones any good, as seem half the price, and anywhere recommended to buy?

Cheers for any advice.

Had to buy a replacement for an ancient Toshiba laptop which we got from Maplin. If you're not sure take the old one in there and they will advise. Think it was about £25.

if it fits in and charges, it's fine.

I use a Fujitsu charger with my Dell laptop

The danger is if it fits in and doesn't charge, you may have already done damage.

Check the voltage input on the laptop is roughly the same as the output of the charger. Then check the current output of the charger is at least as high as the drain of the laptop. Also, check the polarity is the same. Then plug it in.

I regularly see new laptop chargers on eBay for under a tenner from Hong Kong and about £10-15 from the UK.

ps I've just noticed this thread. How are you getting on Jan?

The danger is if it fits in and doesn't charge, you may have already done damage.

Check the voltage input on the laptop is roughly the same as the output of the charger. Then check the current output of the charger is at least as high as the drain of the laptop. Also, check the polarity is the same. Then plug it in.

I regularly see new laptop chargers on eBay for under a tenner from Hong Kong and about £10-15 from the UK.

ps I've just noticed this thread. How are you getting on Jan?

Cheers, Al de Man, ordered from Ebay, very good price, hopefully turns out good value - the original one only lasted less than 18 months tho!

Link to seller is http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/20V-3-25A-AC-ADAPTOR-CHARGER-FOR-FUJITSU-SIEMENS-LAPTOP_W0QQitemZ260438861298QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_LaptopAccessories_PowerSupplies?hash=item3ca35da5f2&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1690%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50 if anyone else is looking.