Boo Boys

Saintmike666

Also, do we really need to be chanting "W*nker" to an injured ex-player of ours as he leaves the pitch? Pathetic.

Yes, as he was stood an inch from the touchline before limping about two feet further onto the pitch and sitting down.

I don't consider Hammill an ex-player anyway. Massively overrated, especially by himself.

The players who I rated as men of the month were off their game yesterday and if the spine of the team are wobbly in turn will affect those around, however, we do need to look at where the goals will come from, a few decent crosses were put in with noone there to gamble on them, is DMG ready for that responsibility ?

At the final whistle heard booing for what seemed like seconds so don't believe the team will be affected by it and trust they are aware of the poor performance and will make amends next game.

I can't be bothered to read the whole thread, but I agree 100%, the fans where a joke yesterday. I've never been so embarrassed by some sections of the crowd.

Booing, getting angry at the odd misplaced pass, moaning because McGoldrick couldn't beat 4 defenders on his own and score. You could tell it was affecting the players as well, too often they where rushing things and making the wrong pass. I actually think we would have won that game if it where away, the away following is so much better, no way near as many mindless idiots.

The last thing which the lads need are bunch of idiot fans booing anything, I honestly wonder if all those booing had gone at all last season, we where more entertaining yesterday than nearly every other home game in 2008.

The "Kids" (average age 22...Kids ?) need to learn to grow up fast and become more responsible. Imagine our real kids who have been fighting in the middle east, my god they have had to grow up fast. The money that these 20 somethings get paid in comparison with our forces for doing something that we would all love to do for free , says it all

I think what they were probably booing was the referee and the result, I mean personally I booed the ref and the match itself which was pathetic - typically what happens when a load of northern thugs kick the **** out of young players - but applauded all the players that came over. On the other hand, as someone has pointed out, we pay for our tickets and we pay an awful lot for it, so when we see a complacent and at times lazy performance we should be allowed to boo. But like I said, those players wear our club badge and have been exceptional up until now, so they deserved our applause as well.

Imagine our real kids who have been fighting in the middle east, my god they have had to grow up fast. The money that these 20 somethings get paid in comparison with our forces for doing something that we would all love to do for free , says it all

I wonder how well the 19 year olds in Afghanisatan would do with with an audience of British hecklers booing every time they failed to defeat the Taliban.

The ref was booed.

Blackpool were booed.

But I don't recall anyone booing our players.

Perhaps if the fans who watched on the telly had turned up to the game, we wouldn't be having this pointless discussion.

How can an observer of a crowd booing tell who is booing who?

I wonder how well the 19 year olds in Afghanisatan would do with with an audience of British hecklers booing every time they failed to defeat the Taliban.

Frankly I doubt if many of the contributors on here would face the Taliban while booing our soldiers...they don't have the balls to get into danger

I- typically what happens when a load of northern thugs kick the **** out of young players -

I guess you didn't see the game yesterday. Until the last few minutes it was us that had 4 bookings. Not saying we were kicking the **** out of them either, most of ours were for ill-timed tackles, not malicious stuff. Blackpool did not kick the **** out of anyone, they actually played decent football.

I would remind you that the average age is 22 not 19...you can do a lot of growing up in 3 years !

A lot of our players are teenagers. Anyway thats beside the point. Even at my age if I was trying my best in a new team starting out and people began booing it wouldn't help. It just makes people confidence drop or want to leave to find somewhere they are appreciated.

The "Kids" (average age 22...Kids ?) need to learn to grow up fast and become more responsible. Imagine our real kids who have been fighting in the middle east, my god they have had to grow up fast. The money that these 20 somethings get paid in comparison with our forces for doing something that we would all love to do for free , says it all

Sickening analogy. You should be ashamed.

Sickening analogy. You should be ashamed.

Why should he be ashamed, Scabby? It was a perfectly reasonable analogy bringing some much needed perpective to the debate. Sometimes it is obscene the amount of money paid to footballers compared to those people who do stirling work for the maintenance of a civilised society, the doctors, nurses, firemen, servicemen etc, who earn a pittance by comparison.

You should be ashamed for saying that he should be ashamed.

been out all day cannot believe this is an issue still, i just cannot remember a player on saints side being booed yesterday, the debate seems to be fuelled by those who watched it on Sky.

People need to get real , i agree it should not happen , but the booing of players goes on all over the country, always has done, always will do.

Football is part of an entertain industry , people pay to watch and they will express their displeasure for poor performance.

I have booed some of my favourite players over the years but then again they deserved as they knew the performance on the match day or in the town the night before gave them no excuse to cry about it. It did not stop me booing them from time to time but I still loved most of them but never above the club or the required 100% effort I require from them when they pull on that shirt.

Anyway they always get over it and usually admit afterwards, they deserved it.

A lot of our players are teenagers. Anyway thats beside the point. Even at my age if I was trying my best in a new team starting out and people began booing it wouldn't help. It just makes people confidence drop or want to leave to find somewhere they are appreciated.

Only 2 of them are teenagers. The Middlesborough team yesterday averaged 22.

Why should he be ashamed, Scabby? It was a perfectly reasonable analogy bringing some much needed perpective to the debate. Sometimes it is obscene the amount of money paid to footballers compared to those people who do stirling work for the maintenance of a civilised society, the doctors, nurses, firemen, servicemen etc, who earn a pittance by comparison.

You should be ashamed for saying that he should be ashamed.

I'm ashamed of the bloke who's ashamed of that other bloke who previously should have been ashamed.

The ref was booed.

Blackpool were booed.

But I don't recall anyone booing our players.

Perhaps if the fans who watched on the telly had turned up to the game, we wouldn't be having this pointless discussion.

Quite, I booed to show my frustration at the points you mentioned. Was booing the right gesture? I doubt it, but I was rather annoyed at watching our young team get made to look like fools by a one dimensional outfit and some questionable officialling.

This team needs more time, and i'm happy to give it to them. When they click and play to their full potential my goodness it is magic.

Never booed my team off never will

Agree with you 100%. Never have and don't agree with anyone that does. Walk out early by all means but boo, no! I sat with my grandson (9) in the Chapel and he wants to sit in the Northam next game. Wants to sing OWTS and said he will not sit near moaners. Man behind us F'd and moaned at every mistake. We had to move away from him.

I have booed some teams off the pitch when it was clear that they had not put in the effort and didn't seem to care. There are two aspects here that are valid. One is that we have paid for entertainment and therefore have a right to show displeasure if what is returned is a very below performance from extremely well paid, so called professionals who don't give a stuff. Secondly, if these players have any pride at all, then they might just well take it as a kick up the rear that they need to buck up their ideas. If the poor dears can't take criticism for poor performances and improve, then we do not want that type of player here. I haven't booed any of the youngsters, as although they sometimes do not produce the goods, I accept that they still do seem to care and try hard.

If you think that there are fewer moaners in the Northam, then you are in for a surprise. There are many and they are very vocal when things aren't going well. And then there are naturally some idiots amongst the yoof. But for all that, now that the Itchen corner is gone, the Northam is the only place with any demonstrable passion and atmosphere.

On no the" holier than thou "fans who tell the paying public that they must not boo our delicate boys.

If you pay the money you can cheer or boo if you like.

The team were more than poor on Saturday ,

What you really should be worried about is the attendance levels. At least the booing fans paid their money to see them.

You should be worried about the fans who dont turn up anymore

You should be worried about the fans who dont turn up anymore

Good point. It's a joke when you hear people saying we deserve to be in the Premiership. I bet the only people that think that are the 15,000 who have gone missing since relegation. We are going through a tough time - we might not be in the top league but still people should follow us. It was on TV but even against Birmingham we only had 18,000. It's just not right people should come along - everyone knows that ticket revenue can help sustain this club and steer us away from administration. Sadly there are too many people out there who don't want to see Southampton while we are in the Championship infact I'd put a bit of money on saying if we were in the Premiership more people would come along to support other teams and watch world class players than actually support us!

Does your missus boo you when you fail to perform?

You too? Annoying isn't it!

If McGoldrick's shot at the end had gone in instead of hitting the bar, I suspect that there would have been no boos and people would have been on here talking about the way our plucky youngsters stuck to the task and deserved the draw.

There was no booing aimed at our players. The booing was aimed at the ref, the linesmen and the terrible time wasting from Blackpool.

Plenty of encouragement for the lads again but it just wasn't our day today.

Right I agree,

I was at the match and as far as I can tell this was spot on. Of course there was a few moans and groans when MANY passes were going astray.

Get real that happens at every match no matter who is playing and constantly giving the ball away.

It does not matter if its Frank Lampard or a 18 year old, thats football.

We cannot wrap these kids up in cotton wool, they are deemed good enough to get us to the playoffs at least according to Jan. But the booing I herd was directed at the Ref and the blatent timewasting by Blackpool.

I would be surprised if someone sitting at the back of the Chapel (for example) would be able to tell if the fans Northam (for example) were booing the ref, the players or the pies.

IMHO of course.

Fortunately I don't sit at the back of the Chapel.

From my seat I can tell if the Northam are booing the ref or the players.

But not the pies, you got me there!