Boo Boys

Saintmike666

So reading the posts / time above, it seems that those complaining about the boos were not even there! Have to say near enough everyone around me was booing at the final whistle, and to be honest if they paid their money to watch that crap today they have the right to boo.

We have seen enough crap football like today for the past couple of seasons.

But this is supposed to be prettier crap. Was it?

=D>

Absolutely - they're a young team and will make mistakes, and will find teams frustrating them at times. Get behind the lads and give them a chance to develop.

Couldnt agree more they need our support results are not going to come over night, some of us maybe expecting too much too soon - give them time and your support and i believe we are heading in the right direction and will get what we all want a strong and successful Saints team

I never booed, but a few around me did, to be honest i think it was aimed at the ref, as those booing were also shouting comments to him.

He did have a poor game, but our defending was laughable today. big shame as i was really looking forward to it, It looks like it will be that sort of season, inconsistant, but sometimes exciting.

It's not the booing of the ref or Blackpool players that's the issue, but at full time there were a lot of boos. I can't imagine Blackpool were booing a 1-0 win away to one of their relegation rivals so I am guessing it must have been our fans.

I don't see anywhere on the ticket that you can't boo, feel free to prove otherwise.

Anyone who has paid their money to go to the stadium are allowed to do anything they f*cking well want as long it is within the law and ground regulations.

I didn't boo at the end, but maybe that's because I was in my car and on my way home before the final whistle went.

Some of you on here need to have a realiity check, people can do whatever they please at football, and you lot need to stop acting like god and trying to tell people how they should support SFC

Home to Blackpool...who themselves are average at best..on the back of 2 wins..live on sky...paid money to go..watched..supported...lost..not happy...boo if I want...and..f*ck off if you don't like it quite frankly. Spent thousands supporting the club over the years...and that's the end of it :)

Similarly..when we play fantastic and win...I show my appreciation..it works both ways.

We should be winning our home games and I expect nothing less whoever we are playing.

Goodbye c*nts :)

Home to Blackpool...who themselves are average at best..on the back of 2 wins..live on sky...paid money to go..watched..supported...lost..not happy...boo if I want...and..f*ck off if you don't like it quite frankly. Spent thousands supporting the club over the years...and that's the end of it :)

Similarly..when we play fantastic and win...I show my appreciation..it works both ways.

We should be winning our home games and I expect nothing less whoever we are playing.

Goodbye c*nts :)

you have every right to boo, but the majpority of clubs fans would realise that we had a team of kids, and they played 3 games in a week and would have accepted that. My wife told me the tv commentators were critical of our fans and I for 1 agree..Whoever scored first in this game would tire in the heat

I watched the game on tv, so infact i watched the match. My reaction would have been the same at st.marys or not. I wouldn't boo the players like that - a young team that needs consistantcy, not a bunch of nob ends randomly booing.

But then of course at our next match the same fans will be going delirous if we win and ****ing over the same players they just booed today.

Cretinous.

Err... so how then do you let the manager and players know that you were less than impressed with their efforts and performance today? They take the plaudits if they do well...they must therefore take the "other" when they do not !

you have every right to boo, but the majpority of clubs fans would realise that we had a team of kids, and they played 3 games in a week and would have accepted that. My wife told me the tv commentators were critical of our fans and I for 1 agree..Whoever scored first in this game would tire in the heat

Ok Nick ...how do you express dissatisfaction with the performance, so, the team know that we expect a better performance next time. Our defence was totally dreadfull and devoid of ideas today, that performance was NOT ACCEPTABLE, kids or no kids.

Err... so how then do you let the manager and players know that you were less than impressed with their efforts and performance today? They take the plaudits if they do well...they must therefore take the "other" when they do not !

If they need the fans to let them know that today wasn’t great then we really are in trouble!

There is no way anyone can justify booing the team four league games into a season, especially as this is such a young team which needs our support not our ridicule. As far as I’m concerned those that booed showed a complete lack of compassion, patients and understanding.

Yes people have the ‘right’ to boo if they want. Doesn’t make them correct to do so, not in these circumstances anyway

Ok Nick ...how do you express dissatisfaction with the performance, so, the team know that we expect a better performance next time. Our defence was totally dreadfull and devoid of ideas today, that performance was NOT ACCEPTABLE, kids or no kids.
and so booing will lift the players confidence.The ctiicism was not at the final whistle there were groans and moans throughout the 2nd half.

The fans attitude has not changed from last season, as soon as things go wrong they are getting all restless.

It helps no-one by booing and I know from experience, kids in sports heads drop as their own expectations are as much if not more than the others.They need to bereassured that they are doing ok and when things are going badly they need that even more.

I don't see why anybody should have to make allowances just because they are a load of kids. If they are wearing Saints shirts and we are paying full prices then we are entitled to expect better than what we saw today. Is anybody suggesting that if we had suffered that performance last season then nobody should have booed them off?

and so booing will lift the players confidence.The ctiicism was not at the final whistle there were groans and moans throughout the 2nd half.

The fans attitude has not changed from last season, as soon as things go wrong they are getting all restless.

It helps no-one by booing and I know from experience, kids in sports heads drop as their own expectations are as much if not more than the others.They need to bereassured that they are doing ok and when things are going badly they need that even more.

Are you a politician ? you have not answered the question...how do you let the manager and team know that the performance was totally unacceptable if you are not vocal ? Or are we expected to pay up and shut up ?

I don't see why anybody should have to make allowances just because they are a load of kids. If they are wearing Saints shirts and we are paying full prices then we are entitled to expect better than what we saw today. Is anybody suggesting that if we had suffered that performance last season then nobody should have booed them off?

Of course fans shouldn’t have to make allowances because of there age.

We are 4 games into a 46 game season; regardless of there age to turn on the team this early on is absurd and counter productive.

I notice no one has mentioned Simon Gillet being applauded off the pitch despite having his worst game so far. I didn't actually boo at the end, but I did give the ref and the cheating northern c***s a load of verbal, and I'm sure that the other boos I heard were aimed at them. There was a bit of moaning and shouting at the players during the game, but only when they screwed up something you expect an 8 year old to do proficiently.

Of course fans shouldn’t have to make allowances because of there age.

We are 4 games into a 46 game season; regardless of there age to turn on the team this early on is absurd and counter productive.

Agreed, there is a long way to go, but if these 'lads' are ever going to develop into professional footballers they will have to experience all aspects of playing in front of paying customers, the poor diddums.

Are you a politician ? you have not answered the question...how do you let the manager and team know that the performance was totally unacceptable if you are not vocal ? Or are we expected to pay up and shut up ?
Why do you feel you need to show your disappointment?Do you not think the players know they let themselves down today?

If we had won I wouldnt have expected the fans to run on the pitch in merriment.We will have lots of performances up and down, why you think that we are going to be class every game surprises me.

IMO whoever scored first in the heat and after 3 games so quickly would win.It was really draining on the Northam let alone running around playing football.

Agreed, there is a long way to go, but if these 'lads' are ever going to develop into professional footballers they will have to experience all aspects of playing in front of paying customers, the poor diddums.

As I said, regardless of there age its still nothing short of absurd to be booing the team already.

Frankly, anyone booing a team of kids at this stage of the season is a grade A **** and shooting's too good for them.

You'd think throwing 8 inexperienced kids in MIGHT POSSIBLY give these planks just the slightest of inklings that just maybe we should grant the team just a little bit of leeway, but apparently, no, some idiots haven't got the sense to realise that they're not going to be world class players overnight and don't realise that booing them isn't going to encourage their development one little bit.

Personally I'd prefer it if the booing tossers stayed at home, especially if they've already paid. W@nkers, the lot of them.

Frankly, anyone booing a team of kids at this stage of the season is a grade A **** and shooting's too good for them.

You'd think throwing 8 inexperienced kids in MIGHT POSSIBLY give these planks just the slightest of inklings that just maybe we should grant the team just a little bit of leeway, but apparently, no, some idiots haven't got the sense to realise that they're not going to be world class players overnight and don't realise that booing them isn't going to encourage their development one little bit.

Personally I'd prefer it if the booing tossers stayed at home, especially if they've already paid. W@nkers, the lot of them.

Agreed (Mostly, maybe not about shooting them mind!)

Yeah, because had people not bood the manager and players would have given themselves a big pat on the back and considered it a job well done...

They paid their money and were treated to about 25minutes of 'football' from us today.

They have every right to show their feelings after today's performance.

I'm pretty sure most of them were there on tuesday too, and were clapping and cheering at the end, but no mention of that eh?

I can see both sides of the argument.

Entry is f**king expensive, customers have a right to better effort than some of the dross served up over the past few years.

Maybe some of the posters on here prostrating themselves over the booing should recall that being a Saints fan has been somewhat of a complete rip-off with many false dawns for the past few years.

I can see both sides of the argument.

Entry is f**king expensive, customers have a right to better effort than some of the dross served up over the past few years.

Maybe some of the posters on here prostrating themselves over the booing should recall that being a Saints fan has been somewhat of a complete rip-off with many false dawns for the past few years.

Why should what happened last season or the season before that have any bearing with fans reactions to today’s performance? Surely its time to move on!

Why should what happened last season or the season before that have any bearing with fans reactions to today’s performance? Surely its time to move on!

Maybe it is, but maybe it isnt as easy as you say. Maybe some fans keep plodding along in their loyalty, but are thoroughly fooked off with how their loyalty is being repaid.

Maybe it is, but maybe it isnt as easy as you say. Maybe some fans keep plodding along in their loyalty, but are thoroughly fooked off with how their loyalty is being repaid.

Sorry, but I just can’t think of any good reason to justify booing a team during the second home game of a league season.

And if people are still hung up over last season or the one before that then I really think they should just get over it. (Just my humble opinion of course!)

I was at the game. At the end there was lots of booing that IMO was aimed mainly at the team / performance not the ref. In addition the atmosphere in the last 20 mins consisted of negative shyte at every mistake or misplace pass.

Personally I applauded the team off the pitch as I recognised the effort that the team put in despite the result. They got bossed by a physical and more experienced team. Personally I would have brought on Wotton at half time and not dyer and therefore consider it a mistake by JP.

Some of the fans in my opinion are a fu.cking disgrace, these are 19/20 year old kids that are learning the game. yes they have talent but they will make mstakes. I see no benefit in sapping thier confidence by booing at the end and jeering / shouting negative shyte when a pass goes astray etc.

Bollock to the people that say "I have paid my money I do what I like" and I say "Fu.ck you all and take your negative shte elsewhere."

Like I say your a disgrace and should hang you heads in shame.

I was at the game. At the end there was lots of booing that IMO was aimed mainly at the team / performance not the ref. In addition the atmosphere in the last 20 mins consisted of negative shyte at every mistake or misplace pass.

Personally I applauded the team off the pitch as I recognised the effort that the team put in despite the result. They got bossed by a physical and more experienced team. Personally I would have brought on Wotton at half time and not dyer and therefore consider it a mistake by JP.

Some of the fans in my opinion are a fu.cking disgrace, these are 19/20 year old kids that are learning the game. yes they have talent but they will make mstakes. I see no benefit in sapping thier confidence by booing at the end and jeering / shouting negative shyte when a pass goes astray etc.

Bollock to the people that say "I have paid my money I do what I like" and I say "Fu.ck you all and take your negative shte elsewhere."

Here here. Wholeheartedly agree.

There is no point moaning about it, football fans will shout/boo/moan if they are not happy, that is the nature of fans everywhere - you can't change that. the players on the pitch are proffesional footballers, they need to be able to handle crowd abuse, home and away - that's just the way it is, it goes with the job.