My PC boots up, but will only show POST on HDTV?

mynameisthehulk

Had this issue for a while, but was using an old crt monitor and figured it would be cured by buying a new one, which I did.

My PC boots up fine, but the start up screens (Graphics Card BIOS, ASUS splash, POST and boot options) will only display on my 32" HDTV when connected by a DVI to HDMI cable. If I have both monitors connected then the POST displays on the TV but the log on screen powers up the monitor. This happens even if the TV is disabled in Nvidia control panel, once the PC is fully booted then the TV shows no signal. If the TV is not connected, I just get a blank screen until such time as the PC has booted into windows. I have an 8800gt graphics card, have updated the drivers and the drivers for the new monitor.

Anyone got any ideas?

What make/model is the tv? Mine does the same thing - displays nothing until the Vista login screen arrives. I know that mine is a known feature of the TV - a Toshiba 32wlt66.

It makes it a bugger when trying to use by dual boot system.

What make/model is the tv? Mine does the same thing - displays nothing until the Vista login screen arrives. I know that mine is a known feature of the TV - a Toshiba 32wlt66.

It makes it a bugger when trying to use by dual boot system.

Its a Daewoo...am sure it cant be the TV though, it did work fine until my previous TFT went and I had to use the CRT for a bit.

Have you tried changing the numbering on the Display Settings page?

It may be the monitor that is currently "1" needs to be "2" and monitor number "2" needs to be one. Just a thought.

Have you tried changing the numbering on the Display Settings page?

It may be the monitor that is currently "1" needs to be "2" and monitor number "2" needs to be one. Just a thought.

Only one monitor is shown as being connected, but some digging around has shown that somewhere in windows it definately still thinks there are 2 monitors connected. I cant see how it is a windows issue as once it boots up there are no problems. As the issue effects only from power on to boot into windows I can only think something has been perhaps changed in the BIOS somewhere?